Mustang Evolution Forum banner

mmd hood scoop

2K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  AMAlexLazarus 
#1 ·
After installing the hood scoop, the window center portion is fogged up almost all the time. It seems at times that even with the defroster, it will not go away. I'm assuming because the scoop is "blocking" something or I dunno, but what have others done to prevent this from happening all the time?

#2 ·
I have an MMD scoop on and don't recall that issue. Maybe I haven't noticed which I guess is a good thing. But I'm pretty sure all is well. I live in NC. Not sure if location has anything to do with your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
That's on the odd side...Post up a picture here so we can get a better idea of what you're referring too and maybe try to adjust your climate settings to see if you're able to find a happy medium/temperature inside!

Alex

#6 ·
Yeah I'd lean on it being coincidence more than anything. If that scoop caused something like that imagine what problems cowl hood owners would have...
^This-It's definitely a first hearing about something like a hood scoop affecting the cabin/causing fog/condensation.

Alex

#13 ·
I do agree with you on that point...a new hood would look nice. Ive considered it too. The problem is that I got the hood scoop for around 250.00. The only hood I would even consider is a Cervini's, with paint you're around 1200.00.

The MMD really isnt that bad. Ive used body kits on some other cars of mine and Ive seen much worse quality than the MMD, and it cost more too.

#11 ·
Thanks Alex and SoCal stang... The hood scoop looks good, the emblems look great, the louvers look great, spoiler etc lol I am not taking anything off.
I think it's just a coincidence as far as I'm concerned. And yeah I'm back in SoCal ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#18 ·
Ahhhh I see. I see the fold too. Probably a lot more noticeable in person. How come you didn't peel it back up and re-try? Or was that just the best you could get or it was too hard?
I was considering the kit but if it was that hard that you couldn't do it without the wrinkle I will probably pass on it, I don't want to pay someone to install a vinyl sticker dash

#22 ·
That looks sick. That looks more like my trufiber rear decklid panel thickness than the sticker vinyl. It needs to be thick to have that shine, the sticker just looks like a sticker. I have the vinyl on my CAI arm. Looks cool, but I wouldn't put it all over my interior. You can tell it's just vinyl.

#33 ·
My car looks great... Ppl are staring and complimenting. None have said anything about the 2 emblems or "fake" hood scoop or "fake" vynil. At the end of the day it's whatever makes that individual happy :)
Very happy to hear that it's turning heads! I'm sure everyone's heard me say it before and I'll say it again-Cars are extensions of our personality; Modify it any way that "you" see fit. Ultimately everyone's going to have their own opinions and they'll just need to let the world know what they have to say.
:thumb:

:dance:

That looks pretty damn good
Definitely!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.