Decided to Uninstall my axleback - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Decided to Uninstall my axleback

While waiting for my s type decided to take out the Touring took me 20 mins. To un install.. I wonder how it sounds like without a muffler..

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1410397634263.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	165712   Click image for larger version

Name:	1410397644013.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	165713  

Name:	1410397654788.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	165714  
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
For sale?
CFYA2818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFYA2818 View Post
For sale?
Thats my plan but one of the mod here took out my ad. I guess I'm not following the proper protocol. Pretty strict around here. I'll list it on eBay.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'm Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
While waiting for my s type decided to take out the Touring took me 20 mins. To un install.. I wonder how it sounds like without a muffler..

Have you heard the S type in person on a similar set-up and if so, how did it compare to your Touring set-up.
Also, at what point of your mods install did you install the touring mufflers? In other words did you add mods after the touring mufflers and how did it effect the sound.
i'm asking because I have the touring with just the Shorty headers and was wondering if my sound would improve with other mods.
thanks for any info you can offer.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Have you heard the S type in person on a similar set-up and if so, how did it compare to your Touring set-up.
Also, at what point of your mods install did you install the touring mufflers? In other words did you add mods after the touring mufflers and how did it effect the sound.
i'm asking because I have the touring with just the Shorty headers and was wondering if my sound would improve with other mods.
thanks for any info you can offer.
Sure thing sir Il share my experience, my very first mod is my touring, I love the sound of it alone but time goes by I mean 2 months later I added my shorty exhaust it added really nice deep rumble to it and a little bit in performance side, but a month later after that I was thinking about a little more sound and then decided to put on an x pipe, it added a little bit of volume but not what I expected, I want more sound. I went to a car show and heared this guy's exhaust with the same set up as mine but with the s type I realized s type is the right sound for me and a little bit of support from my wife decided to pull the trigger and ordered the s type. Don't get me wrong the set up that I have right now is perfect but got tired of it and want something new. Mods are addicting. If this one doesn't sell I will just change it around from time to to time if I get tired of it. Hope this helps.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Your problem is probably that you put your ad here instead of the classifieds section. Your picture is good because you have your name and date in it. All you need now is to make sure you write all of the info that is requested here: Please read before posting in classifieds!

Looks like you're only missing the asking price. There's no reason you can't post the ad on ME, the rules aren't that hard.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Your problem is probably that you put your ad here instead of the classifieds section. Your picture is good because you have your name and date in it. All you need now is to make sure you write all of the info that is requested here: Please read before posting in classifieds!

Looks like you're only missing the asking price. There's no reason you can't post the ad on ME, the rules aren't that hard.
Yeah it was my fault.. I will try to make another thread. This is my first time selling. Thanks bro.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sure thing sir Il share my experience, my very first mod is my touring, I love the sound of it alone but time goes by I mean 2 months later I added my shorty exhaust it added really nice deep rumble to it and a little bit in performance side, but a month later after that I was thinking about a little more sound and then decided to put on an x pipe, it added a little bit of volume but not what I expected, I want more sound. I went to a car show and heared this guy's exhaust with the same set up as mine but with the s type I realized s type is the right sound for me and a little bit of support from my wife decided to pull the trigger and ordered the s type. Don't get me wrong the set up that I have right now is perfect but got tired of it and want something new. Mods are addicting. If this one doesn't sell I will just change it around from time to to time if I get tired of it. Hope this helps.

Very helpful...thanks!
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Very helpful...thanks!
Your welcome..

Old 09-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I'm picking up lightly used Borla Touring mufflers that I bought from the member ocmustang on my way to Texas. He's right on the way and is nice enough to even drive up near the freeway so I don't have to go off-route. I think the Touring offers exactly the mellow sound that I'm looking for and I can't wait!
Old 09-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Tourings are amazing if you don't want loud ! They are by far the best sounding "quiet" exhaust.

Bet you can't wait for your s-types shunc!!!! They're gonna knock your socks off.

Huge fan of anything Borla.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Passed an older gentleman in a beamer getting on the interstate the other day (dropped to 2nd and floored it to squeeze in) and next thing I know, he speeds up to get next to me and yells out the window that he absolutely loved my exhaust when I passed him.

S-Type is beautiful.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:12 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Tourings are amazing if you don't want loud ! They are by far the best sounding "quiet" exhaust.

Bet you can't wait for your s-types shunc!!!! They're gonna knock your socks off.

Huge fan of anything Borla.
Borla alone is already a good choice, just depends on the sound that you are looking for, touring.'s are by far the best sound and tone if your looking for mellow rumble. My curiosity got the best of me since I never owned a loud exhaust and decided to get the s type. How you liking those atak grabberblue1993? Oh by the way does the gf like it too? Lol..

Old 09-11-2014, 06:14 AM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Yeah it was my fault.. I will try to make another thread. This is my first time selling. Thanks bro.

^^^ This ^^^
Old 09-11-2014, 06:15 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Passed an older gentleman in a beamer getting on the interstate the other day (dropped to 2nd and floored it to squeeze in) and next thing I know, he speeds up to get next to me and yells out the window that he absolutely loved my exhaust when I passed him.

S-Type is beautiful.
Thank you my friend can't wait to hear it myself.. What is your set up exhaust wise? Can you still hold a conversation inside the car?

Old 09-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

My only mod to the exhaust is the S-Type. The noise inside is very minimal. When you want to hear it, you will. When you don't, go back to cruising speed. Conversation quality not compromised!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-11-2014, 08:07 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
My only mod to the exhaust is the S-Type. The noise inside is very minimal. When you want to hear it, you will. When you don't, go back to cruising speed. Conversation quality not compromised!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Perfect!!!

Old 09-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I love them they are not as loud as you think. But louder than the s type my girlfriend really likes them! There is literally no drone either. Can't wait to hear what they sound like with the shorties in

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I love them they are not as loud as you think. But louder than the s type my girlfriend really likes them! There is literally no drone either. Can't wait to hear what they sound like with the shorties in

It will be sick and compliments your exhaust really well..

Old 09-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I'm hoping! Just gotta find a free day to do the install

Old 09-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm hoping! Just gotta find a free day to do the install

I would have help you if your only near.. I did mine by myself and had some leaking issue so I decided to go to my mechanic just to bolt everything tight. It will made a whole world of difference if when you take the stock manifold and make sure you leave the studs in place so all you have to do is install your headers. Now take a day off and install it. Lol

Old 09-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I rode in a friend's stang who had the s types and it was literally zero drone when he was cruising. But when he stepped on it, oh my. Loud when you want it, quiet when you don't. Personally I don't even want loud though, I just want something with more rumble and deeper, so I'm going with the touring. You'll love the s types though.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I just gotta find a day off.... Work and school, dad's getting a big surgery tomorrow and I have my big police physical the 21st.... Probably after that I will do it . Haven't had time for the car lately

Old 09-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
I rode in a friend's stang who had the s types and it was literally zero drone when he was cruising. But when he stepped on it, oh my. Loud when you want it, quiet when you don't. Personally I don't even want loud though, I just want something with more rumble and deeper, so I'm going with the touring. You'll love the s types though.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Thanks, my wife decided that I should get a louder exhaust when we went to the American muscle show, and asked me why my car is not as loud as them and I told her it's because I thought you don't like loud and she told me that's what you said,!!! Actually one of the reason why I drove 8 hours to get there so she will have an idea how it sounds and told me that she likes it..

Old 09-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I just gotta find a day off.... Work and school, dad's getting a big surgery tomorrow and I have my big police physical the 21st.... Probably after that I will do it . Haven't had time for the car lately

Ohhhh I'm sorry man, praying for your dad's speedy recovery and good luck on everything just hang in there buddy..

Old 09-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks so much man. Everything will be fine I know it! Thinking positive is the key to everything going well. Just super busy with school and work and the police process and this

Old 09-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Early Christmas for me.. The only thing though it doesn't say is its the s type. The paper that comes with it only has the instructions. I just wanna make sure it's the s type. What do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1410468405063.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	165749   Click image for larger version

Name:	1410468415602.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	165750  

Old 09-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

The Touring has a 2.25" piping size.
The S-Type has a 2.5" piping size.

I guess you could measure and compare between your two.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Well the ATAKs say ATAK so it's not that! Looks like s types. Did you order them from a vendor or a private seller?

Old 09-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Finally done. Now I'll start it up.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1410470890657.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	165754   Click image for larger version

Name:	1410470898771.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	165755  

Old 09-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well the ATAKs say ATAK so it's not that! Looks like s types. Did you order them from a vendor or a private seller?

I order them straight to borla.. I started it up and definitely the s type.. Oh my goodness sounds really good.. Love it..

Old 09-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #32
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Video or it didn't happen

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

You saw my pictures.... Lol.... Isn't that enough?

Old 09-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Video or it didn't happen

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Ok ok fine here you go....

Watch "Borla s type start up install" on YouTube
Borla s type start up install: http://youtu.be/udP9FEDbM7g

Old 09-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
If that were enough I wouldn't watch movies all the time

natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang