Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Strut tower brace?

6K views 98 replies 35 participants last post by  rmb427r 
#1 ·
Worth the money? Most of the ones I've seen are around the $250 range. I was looking at the Boss 302 brace.

Do they help at all for daily driving/mild canyon driving? What can I expect when adding one to an otherwise bone stock base suspension?

Also I tried to search... The signatures that list each mod made it near impossible to sort through.

#3 ·
I've heard it helps a bit..

You can get the stock ford one for as low as $70 shipped... Just wait for the next sale.

Keep checking this, It drops price on the regular.

Mustang Strut Tower Brace Boss 302 V6/GT 2010-2014

Mine came with it stock, So I don't know how big of a difference it is... However if it came with one, It must work, No?
That's how I got mine.
I can't tell if it helps or not. I do like the way it looks tho.

#4 ·
Mine didn't come with one, but I later got a ford OEM brace and noticed no difference. It does look nice under the hood though.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.

Attachments

#5 ·
I went with the SR Performance brace, as it appears to be the only one that attaches on all 8 strut studs. Very sturdy.

After whipping it around a bit, I definitely notice a bit tighter ride, more flat through corners and slightly less jarring when hitting bumps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#7 ·
Here is our unit ... Proudly Made in the U.S.A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evFXexnQQE4

Installed in seconds and really give the front end a stiffer feel. She takes corners even better now
I was really impressed with this brace. This is the most well engineered brace I have come across in my car club so needless to say it sold itself. I was also surprised how much of a difference it made and how fast I was able to complete the install. Fast shipping great price Awesome!
Best Regards,

TJ

#11 ·
I got my SR because I like the fact that it mounts on all 8 studs, which means more rigidty. I have no facts and figures to say is world's better than the boss 302 brace for example, just my personal preference.

#12 ·
This video is a down and dirty explanation of how they work, and you'll see my thought process:

Strut Bar - Explained: http://youtu.be/-S6H7ZdzBfE

#13 ·
Hmmm it makes sense... Thanks for sharing.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..

#16 ·
Our unit is very affordable & with the 6% discount ... it is even better. Looks great under the hood too.

Our unit is well designed & manufactured in the U.S.A. under ISO 9001:2008 standards.

You can't go wrong with Steeda.

Best Regards,

TJ

#18 ·
#21 ·
OP, I purchased a Boss 302 strut tower brace from CJ pony parts. At the time I got it for around $120. I can't say my car feels better handling but I gave into mustang evolution forum pressure of buying one. Ha ha ha. I have no regrets though because i swear it added at least 20 HP. Ha Ha ha

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227

#22 ·
Anti roll sway bar kits are more noticeable

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#23 ·

Installed mine this week didn't make much of a difference it's a nice looking piece though

#26 ·
Also I tried to search... The signatures that list each mod made it near impossible to sort through.
*tear to eye* makes me so proud! :') lol

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

#37 ·
I've had a strut tower brace on almost every car i've ever owned. I think they work but also look nice :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.