What's the best rpm to launch my car at? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Khanh4o9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Port Arthur
Region: Texas
Posts: 22
What's the best rpm to launch my car at?

Like title says, what's the best rpm to launch my car at for the best 0-60 time? Also, how exactly should I launch it? Do I let off on the brakes completely and floor the gas?Do I let off on the brakes completely while quickly step down on the gas but not WOT immediately? Do I quickly (but not completely) let off on the brakes while flooring the gas? Do I quickly (but not completely) let off the brakes while stepping on the gas about the same quick pace?

Looking for experience from those who have mastered launching in their 2011+ V6 with the 3.73 gear.


Whoops...looks like it's not attaching my signature for some reason, or I didn't do the signature right. Anyways, the car is:
2013 V6 Automatic Premium. Mods are: Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 Octane tune, and 3.73 gear.
That's it.

My few mods are in the signature, everything else is stock, including tires of course. Thanks!

P.S. yes I already tried to practice some, but I am doing terribly. I don't want to keep WOT my car while sucking at launching it. I keep getting so much tirespin that I lose valuable time, or I'm so passive on the launch that I get an even slower time. :'(
Khanh4o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
elkoritaNAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 851
Put it in first gear step on it right before u get to redline shift to 2nd keep gas pressed firmly... Go to red line again and shift to 3rd. Your clutch movement shall be quick and minimal


Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Khanh4o9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Port Arthur
Region: Texas
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
Put it in first gear step on it right before u get to redline shift to 2nd keep gas pressed firmly... Go to red line again and shift to 3rd. Your clutch movement shall be quick and minimal


Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
It's an automatic transmission ;_;
Khanh4o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-13-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
LOL @ clutch movement shall be quick and minimal. It'll be so quick and minimal that it's nonexistent !

I keep my foot on the brake, press not too hard (moderately) on the gas until about 1750-2k RPMs, then let off the break and floor it.
It'll take some practice to get it just right and for it to hook up.
Work on it for a little and you'll get it in no time!
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
elkoritaNAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 851
U can't "control" rpm settings in an auto. I think if u tune ur car the preprogrammed shift points switch


Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011fastford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 520
You need a stall to launch your auto anything higher then like 2k rpm...
__________________

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Khanh4o9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Port Arthur
Region: Texas
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
LOL @ clutch movement shall be quick and minimal. It'll be so quick and minimal that it's nonexistent !

I keep my foot on the brake, press not too hard (moderately) on the gas until about 1750-2k RPMs, then let off the break and floor it.
It'll take some practice to get it just right and for it to hook up.
Work on it for a little and you'll get it in no time!

I wanna keep practicing but I'm afraid I'll less up my car from a lot of break launching or whatever it's called (stepping on brakes and gas to rev engine in Drive).
:'( that and all the WOT I'll be doing during the process as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
--------------------------------------
2013 V6 Premium Automatic Transmission. Steeda CAI & Steeda 93 Octane Tune. 3.73 Gear
__________________
2013 V6 Automatic Transmission, Steeda CAI & Steeda 93 Octane tune, 3.73 Gears ratio.
Khanh4o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Metro Detroit
Region: Michigan
Posts: 115
Same question but manual and 3.31 gears


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Brandneutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fastford View Post
You need a stall to launch your auto anything higher then like 2k rpm...
That's why I launch at 1750. To be honest I really don't usually bother... haven't noticed much of a difference between that and just flooring it. I guess at 3k it would make more of a difference probably
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
U can't "control" rpm settings in an auto. I think if u tune ur car the preprogrammed shift points switch


Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
He's not talking about that he's asking when to launch his car from a stop, like at what RPMs to launch it.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,445
I staged my GFs auto v6 with 3.73s at the track a bunch of different ways. Came right off idle, staged at 1500, 2000, 2500 ... made no difference, car always cut like a 2.0 or so 60'. You're just not going to get much better on the stock converter.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackout2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 89
Hello Grabber.... here a question : I have a 3,7 2012 with CAI bama tune 93 body spacer because I have 100 shots of n
blackout2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackout2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 89
sorry ! 100 shots nitro and rims 20''and now my son got the new 5.0 with 3,73 gear an and want race his car is stick shift my is Automatic what you think??
blackout2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
elkoritaNAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 851
If ur car is auto, I wouldn't dare race against stick shift... Sports mode is not manual


Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackout2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 89
Yes mine is manual


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Sorry us auto


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
blackout2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
LOL @ clutch movement shall be quick and minimal. It'll be so quick and minimal that it's nonexistent !

I keep my foot on the brake, press not too hard (moderately) on the gas until about 1750-2k RPMs, then let off the break and floor it.
It'll take some practice to get it just right and for it to hook up.
Work on it for a little and you'll get it in no time!

Lol i do that in my worktruck and launch at 30psi. Haha monster f550


ig - @bradpigden
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:42 PM   #17
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
Like voltwings, I tried a bunch of different RPMs to launch at including straight brake to gas, and they all yielded about the same 60' times.

So I just stick with the simple old brake then mash the go fast pedal.

Also, you're really not doing your transmission any favors by power braking.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanh4o9 View Post
Like title says, what's the best rpm to launch my car at for the best 0-60 time? Also, how exactly should I launch it? Do I let off on the brakes completely and floor the gas?Do I let off on the brakes completely while quickly step down on the gas but not WOT immediately? Do I quickly (but not completely) let off on the brakes while flooring the gas? Do I quickly (but not completely) let off the brakes while stepping on the gas about the same quick pace?

Looking for experience from those who have mastered launching in their 2011+ V6 with the 3.73 gear.


Whoops...looks like it's not attaching my signature for some reason, or I didn't do the signature right. Anyways, the car is:
2013 V6 Automatic Premium. Mods are: Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 Octane tune, and 3.73 gear.
That's it.

My few mods are in the signature, everything else is stock, including tires of course. Thanks!

P.S. yes I already tried to practice some, but I am doing terribly. I don't want to keep WOT my car while sucking at launching it. I keep getting so much tirespin that I lose valuable time, or I'm so passive on the launch that I get an even slower time. :'(
So don't WOT! Practice less trottle but with a little tire spin. You could also let a few pounds of air out of your rear tires to help reduce tire spin.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #19
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
What's the best rpm to launch my car at?

.
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
.
All depends on just how much tire spin you're getting. It may work for you with your tires, etc but may not be the same with another car.
I think his real question was how do I control my tire spin, At least that's the way I interpreted it.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #21
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
What's the best rpm to launch my car at?

If you're having tire spin issues then brake to gas is you best bet.

My runs were on worn down Pirelli 245/45/19s.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rpm launch eswinty 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 15 12-16-2014 08:26 AM
At what RPM do you launch? FOX21 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 23 01-04-2013 01:00 AM
Rpm at launch willrad00 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 3 11-14-2011 10:38 PM
rpm launch help 04machazblue 1996-2004 Mustang GT 23 11-12-2010 07:01 PM
Good RPM to launch at 67mustang97 1996-2004 Mustang GT 3 03-11-2010 06:15 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:06 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.