LPF Turbo Group Buy - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2014, 03:17 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
If Rube Goldberg sold autoparts...
WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2014, 07:44 AM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
One thing that wasn't mentioned. Installing them. Do they have to be installed by a certified dealer in order for your warranty to be valid? Is there dealers in the area that can install them? Sure don't want to have to drive 500 miles to get one installed....
Are you asking about your Ford warranty? If so, no, your engine/drive train warranty will be done. Ford warranties the car that Ford built, not the one you built.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:46 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
No wonder the group buy price is not good. Why would they want to discount the kit much since your stated goal was to get guys together that were already buying the kit. Now, if your stated goal was to sell more kits for them and generate new business... The discount may have.been more substantial.
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2014, 08:44 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by badka2ma View Post
No wonder the group buy price is not good. Why would they want to discount the kit much since your stated goal was to get guys together that were already buying the kit. Now, if your stated goal was to sell more kits for them and generate new business... The discount may have.been more substantial.
Nice try! Actually, I asked about discounts a few months ago, and they stated the only way to get a discount was through a group buy - and they gave me their criteria, which without PMing me you already seem to know: 6 in the group for 6% off, and 12 for 9%. I confirmed with Clamphier that those rates are the standard rates they've been telling anyone who's inquired about group buys, no matter what the group "goal" is.

It's all a matter of perspective. To people who already were planning on buying the kit - 6 or 9% saved is a pretty solid amount. To people who don't have the money, or people who aren't sure - of course it doesn't sound like a lot.

So, now that the rates are public, how many more people are interested?

Time to update the OP.
spacechalklate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
One thing that wasn't mentioned. Installing them. Do they have to be installed by a certified dealer in order for your warranty to be valid? Is there dealers in the area that can install them? Sure don't want to have to drive 500 miles to get one installed....
Way more homework needed here.

When installing FI made by a private group that has no affiliation with Ford will not get you any sort of warranty from Ford or even the guys that built the product unless it was a manufacturer defect. By installing something wrong or just a poor tune is all that it takes to make a bad day worse.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:36 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'd be interested but I won't be able to do it until after mid March. I'll be stuck in Missouri until then. but plan to make a trip to Texas on my way home.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 03:02 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I know I'm bumping an older post but just making sure, is it too late to jump in on the group buy?
Lan_Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:57 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
all the lpf threads seem to have died

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

it does seem like it has ...
Old 12-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
We turned them into q and a, and y'all stopped asking questions lol

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan_Evo View Post
I know I'm bumping an older post but just making sure, is it too late to jump in on the group buy?
Yes, it is. I'm going to update the OP with new info. Stay tuned.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Okay, it's not letting me update the OP, so I'll post it as a response.

Basically, here's the current situation:

After seeing the unsuccessful results of Alrefire's kit, the group really got cold feet and ended up disbanding, with half of them jumping on much cheaper, used Procharger kits.

To be fair to LPF's kit, Alrefire's poor performance and engine damages were due to the tuner, not the kit.

I personally have been offered an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. MPT & Bomber Performance are working together to come out with a kit for our V6's. They're using my car as a test, and should be completed either by the end of Dec. or Middle of January. The good news is that the kit should have an option to include a tune, and should give LPF's kit a run for their money.

Pricing is still TBD, but should really be competitive with LPF's kit. At the time we were trying for the group buy, LPF didn't offer a tune with their kit, though things may have changed since then. I'm not sure whether or not they are still exclusive to Diablo, whereas the kit MPT and Bomber Performance is working on is based off the more widely-used SCT.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacechalklate View Post

After seeing the unsuccessful results of Alrefire's kit, the group really got cold feet and ended up disbanding, with half of them jumping on much cheaper, used Procharger kits.

To be fair to LPF's kit, Alrefire's poor performance and engine damages were due to the tuner, not the kit.

I personally have been offered an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. MPT & Bomber Performance are working together to come out with a kit for our V6's. They're using my car as a test, and should be completed either by the end of Dec. or Middle of January. The good news is that the kit should have an option to include a tune, and should give LPF's kit a run for their money.

Pricing is still TBD, but should really be competitive with LPF's kit. At the time we were trying for the group buy, LPF didn't offer a tune with their kit, though things may have changed since then. I'm not sure whether or not they are still exclusive to Diablo, whereas the kit MPT and Bomber Performance is working on is based off the more widely-used SCT.
Competition is the best, it usually benefits the consumer (us) and I personally hope all the best for this new turbo kit. Please keep us updated
Zombiefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

well alright then! I can't wait to see, hear how this new kit does. honestly as long as she can make 400 hp and tq close to that on 91 ill me more than happy.

dont be a stranger spacechalklate and post up progress on the new kit.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

New thread is up. Check it out at:

MPT / Bomber Performance Turbo Kit
Old 01-30-2015, 04:06 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacechalklate View Post

Can you convince Bomber to do a group buy discount? I'd be all in if that were available.
blackwolfndn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:45 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Am i too late for a group buy? Id really love to, i have the cash

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
swhitfield2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:15 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhitfield2013 View Post
Am i too late for a group buy? Id really love to, i have the cash

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Buy mine, it's for sale

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-26-2015, 04:45 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Buy mine, it's for sale

? U goin bomber?? Lmao
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:48 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
? U goin bomber?? Lmao
Nope.
You'll see in july

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang