LPF Turbo Group Buy - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
LPF Turbo Group Buy

So, according to Clamphier - there are several groups of people trying to coordinate and get group buys together, as that is basically the only way anyone will ever get a discount on the turbo. The purpose of this thread is to consolidate the groups and add more people.

If anyone is genuinely interested in the kit, please PM me. We already have 5 in our group, fully committed.

1st tier discount is with at least 6 in the group (~6% off)
2nd tier discount is with at least 12 in the group (~9% off)
Discount is a % off the Kit, minus extras such as driveshaft, programmer, turbo blanket, and powdercoating option.

As far as payment and logistical details are concerned - they want all of the group payment within days of each other, or else they will refund everyone the amount back. So everyone must be ready. As far as kit expectations - I've been told they revised the kit, and they will produce them when the money's been paid.

We will coordinate payment and a timeframe of expected shipments as soon as the group is ready.

We are looking to purchase between October and December (but no later than January 2015 - We want that boost!)
spacechalklate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
1 of the 4 right chyeah... Haha

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'm also in the group buy

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Daveauth21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
How much is the discount? What will the price be if you are part of a group buy? When are you planing on paying and when is the estimated delivery date? What options for the kit did you choose?
Old 09-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
How much is the discount? What will the price be if you are part of a group buy? When are you planing on paying and when is the estimated delivery date? What options for the kit did you choose?

Since the group buy discussion was strictly between me and LPF, I won't say exact numbers publicly - however they do represent (to me, and the group members) significant savings. I'd say that we could make suspension upgrades to better handle the added power with the amount saved, and then some.

Once we have gathered the entire group (or we simply can't wait any longer), we will proceed to coordinate with LPF regarding our orders, payment, and expectations. So far everyone is really patient - we're especially keeping our eyes on Alefire and his kit.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Can you PM me how much I would save? I would like that info. before deciding whether to group buy or not
Old 09-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
^^ this. PM'd.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacechalklate View Post
Since the group buy discussion was strictly between me and LPF, I won't say exact numbers publicly - however they do represent (to me, and the group members) significant savings. I'd say that we could make suspension upgrades to better handle the added power with the amount saved, and then some.

Once we have gathered the entire group (or we simply can't wait any longer), we will proceed to coordinate with LPF regarding our orders, payment, and expectations. So far everyone is really patient - we're especially keeping our eyes on Alefire and his kit.

Too sketchy whenever somebody won't supply the numbers. There's no reason not to give the discount amount publicly.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
iantrusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
If you say the price points for each level in the OP, you'll garner way more interest.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Not hard to just PM them. It's not a good idea to openly advertise the discount price because every Tom, dick and Sally will whine why they can't get that price on their own.

It's to avoid that situation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Not hard to just PM them. It's not a good idea to openly advertise the discount price because every Tom, dick and Sally will whine why they can't get that price on their own.

Eh I disagree. Every reputable group buy has prices listed and vendors (which lpf isn't even on this board) just have to say it's a group buy price, if criteria are met. Doesn't mean it's now the price for any Tom, dick and Sally, regardless of how much they whine.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I would like PM of the discount as well...been considering it around Christmas

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
andrewheath09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

Actually most vendors on other forums have no issues posting price points for their group sales. They will require deposits/ full payment before shipping so they know its a for sure sale. Then if they don't get the minimum sales they will cancel it. It's understood its a special price and the lower price is made up due to the increased immediate volume of sales.

The only exception I've seen is certain companies won't let advertised prices online be so low so the vendors just say PM for price since they cant adverse it publicly. But still will be 100% willing to provide a firm price before asking you for payment or a commitment. I can imagine not having a firm price is going to lead to a lot of interest and then when a price is provided they will back out because they will have thought it would have been more especially considering the cost of the kit.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I'm not gonna commit to something without knowing a price .... That's ridiculous

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Correct you are haha. Then everyone will want in, even if they don't have the money

Bama 93 Performance Tune
Old 09-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Well if they don't have the money , then they don't buy it. I'm not understanding.

I want to know the price it would cost and other basic info. Why is that not allowed to be told? Could you just PM me the info?

Old 09-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Essentially what there saying is that if the normal price is 5,000 and they offer a group buy for 4,500 then people are going to be calling and asking for them to sell the kit for 4,500 which is BS. I mean Steeda, America Muscle, CJ Pony parts, etc all run SALES which is a discount at a point in time. If you buy the sale item while on sale you get the sale price if you buy when the sale ends you pay full price its that simple. I bought a part during a labor day sale from a vendor. If I didn't I wouldn't even think of calling them now to honor a previous sale price. I would either pay full price or wait for another sale its that simple. But how are you really going to gauge interest without providing a firm price? A lot of people may be planning to buy in the near future but depending on the amount off may decide to buy now which is why companies run sales. To receive more cash now.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
But how are you really going to gauge interest without providing a firm price? A lot of people may be planning to buy in the near future but depending on the amount off may decide to buy now which is why companies run sales. To receive more cash now.
This guy just nailed it!

Old 09-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Well there are certain options to the kit also that makes the price different. So I hope the discount is a flat x amount or percent off if you buy at a group discount.
I planned on buying it in Nov. but I'm all over a group discount to save money if I have to wait a few months later.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
What I meant was you could PM them and get the percentage of the discount, but they shouldn't advertise it right here in a post. Of course you should know the price but my argument is that it shouldn't be a billboard.

If you're serious about the kit, you can take 2 minutes to private message someone and get information.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I got the info. Not enough of a difference to do a group buy

Old 09-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What I meant was you could PM them and get the percentage of the discount, but they shouldn't advertise it right here in a post. Of course you should know the price but my argument is that it shouldn't be a billboard.

If you're serious about the kit, you can take 2 minutes to private message someone and get information.

If you were replying to me, I pm'd him before even posting anything in this thread. Regardless of whether or not they are serious about the group buy, I'll be buying it anyways with or without help. I'm only short a grand right now as is.
Most group buys I ever been a part of have been public, with the people committed and paid listed. Usually its x amount available, first come first serve.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
can someone sum that up for me im not in the mood to read it all
I keep telling you man, procharger. Or trade in.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:12 PM   #24
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Essentially what there saying is that if the normal price is 5,000 and they offer a group buy for 4,500 then people are going to be calling and asking for them to sell the kit for 4,500 which is BS. I mean Steeda, America Muscle, CJ Pony parts, etc all run SALES which is a discount at a point in time. If you buy the sale item while on sale you get the sale price if you buy when the sale ends you pay full price its that simple. I bought a part during a labor day sale from a vendor. If I didn't I wouldn't even think of calling them now to honor a previous sale price. I would either pay full price or wait for another sale its that simple. But how are you really going to gauge interest without providing a firm price? A lot of people may be planning to buy in the near future but depending on the amount off may decide to buy now which is why companies run sales. To receive more cash now.
You would be surprised at the number of people come in the next few days after a sale like that and ask if they can get the discounted price, and then get angry when they don't get it.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
So, according to Clamphier - there are several groups of people trying to coordinate and get group buys together, as that is basically the only way anyone will ever get a discount on the turbo. The purpose of this thread is to consolidate the groups and add more people.

If anyone is genuinely interested in the kit, please PM me. We already have 4 in our group, fully committed.

1st tier discount is with at least 6 in the group
2nd tier discount is with at least 12 in the group

We are looking to purchase between October and December (but no later than January 2015 - We want that boost!)
One thing that wasn't mentioned. Installing them. Do they have to be installed by a certified dealer in order for your warranty to be valid? Is there dealers in the area that can install them? Sure don't want to have to drive 500 miles to get one installed....
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:16 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
One thing that wasn't mentioned. Installing them. Do they have to be installed by a certified dealer in order for your warranty to be valid? Is there dealers in the area that can install them? Sure don't want to have to drive 500 miles to get one installed....
I'm sorry, what?

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:19 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thank you! All anyone has to do is PM me. I'm not here to generate interest. I'm here to gather the people who are ALREADY interested and were planning on a purchase! If you can't generate the effort to PM me, then chances are you aren't genuinely interested. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewheath09 View Post
I would like PM of the discount as well...been considering it around Christmas

Please PM me.

Quote:
Yeah I'm not gonna commit to something without knowing a price .... That's ridiculous

Looks like someone already messaged you - but hey, if you were planning on buying the kit anyway (which is what everyone in our group was doing), I'm just trying to save you money. I'm not trying to convince people to purchase the kit.

Quote:
But how are you really going to gauge interest without providing a firm price? A lot of people may be planning to buy in the near future but depending on the amount off may decide to buy now which is why companies run sales. To receive more cash now.

I'm not gauging interest, and I don't work for LPF. That's why I'm not trying to generate interest. I'm just trying to collect everyone who was already planning on purchasing the kit, or going forced induction. Everyone in our group was already planning on the turbo - so now we're all happening to be saving money than if we were to make the purchase individually. That being said - if someone was planning on purchasing in the near future, they should PM me and get in on the group! If you were planning on the purchase, and didn't join the group anyways - it's like saying you didn't want to save money, and preferred to buy it on your own at full price. We're not rushing to order - we're simply collecting like-minded individuals! That's why we have a time-frame. Our "October-January" is "the near future."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
Well there are certain options to the kit also that makes the price different. So I hope the discount is a flat x amount or percent off if you buy at a group discount.
I planned on buying it in Nov. but I'm all over a group discount to save money if I have to wait a few months later.

Details are as follows (I will update in the original post): It's a % off for the kit, but not including the extras like driveshaft, programmer, blanket, or powdercoating.

Quote:
I got the info. Not enough of a difference to do a group buy

Probably not for you... but if you were going to purchase the kit anyways why not save money? You will do what you want, on your own time! Everyone in our group just happened to want to turbo at the same time - we're looking for similar people!

Anyone else who's interested, feel free to PM me.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:21 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Clamphier mentioned a set price for them installed and out the door, I think that's how the group buy should be =P

If I did happen to join in the group buy, I'd want to go to their shop and have it installed there ;o
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:27 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post
Clamphier mentioned a set price for them installed and out the door, I think that's how the group buy should be =P

If I did happen to join in the group buy, I'd want to go to their shop and have it installed there ;o
Im with you on that, plan on shipping my car or have dad haul to TX with truck and trailer.
Bama 93 Performance Tune
Old 09-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Idk it's just barely any discount off % wise. Not worth it to have to deal with the hassle of buying/receiving as a group and all the complications that arise from it.
The 12 man group is enough to consider it. That being said, I have a few questions.

What are the other details, like how long it will take after payment for the full kit to arrive? It took way longer For Hasan to get his than what was said. That was 1 kit. Now imagine 6 at the same time. Have these "logistical" issues been worked out by LPF?
What options are included in the group buy plan (oiless, exhaust options, etc.)? Or does everyone pick their own kit and receive the amount of money off. Or does it then change to percent? Can you pay before everyone else that way the whole group isn't stuck waiting on 1 person, or a similar situation? Will the payment go straight to LPF individually or will one person need to collect it all and then pay? If that's the case then count me and everyone else out, not trusting anyone with almost 6k. Multiply that by 5 and someone has 30k of others money. I'm a trusting person but not dumb.
Sorry for all the questions but before I invest 6k I would like ALL the details.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Idk it's just barely any discount off % wise. Not worth it to have to deal with the hassle of buying/receiving as a group and all the complications that arise from it.
The 12 man group is enough to consider it. That being said, I have a few questions.

I understand being wary. Money isn't something to be thrown around! For someone who hasn't made up their mind to buy a kit, the amount saved doesn't seem much. But for someone who ALREADY wants to buy the kit and has the money ready, this is pretty significant for us! I mean.. if you are going to buy the kit anyways, why not save money?

Quote:
What options are included in the group buy plan (oiless, exhaust options, etc.)? Or does everyone pick their own kit and receive the amount of money off. Or does it then change to percent?
As I said before (And I already updated it in the OP) - it is going to be done as a % off the kit, no matter what options you choose regarding the billet wheel, oilless upgrade, or injectors. All of the extra options are not included, and you will have to pay the regular price for those (Turbo blanket, powdercoating, exhaust, etc.)

We are aiming for the 2nd tier, and everyone is patient and so far everyone is ready. We don't need to wait on anyone when we're ready to go. The whole purpose of this is to get people who are ready or seriously considering the kit. The reason I didn't post prices was out of respect for LPF, but mostly because I didn't want to attract a bunch of trolls who said they wanted the kit, or a bunch of flakes who decide to change their mind last minute.

So far everyone seems genuinely interested and I don't have to "test" them. But if it seems I get a whole bunch of people who are just blowing smoke, then I might coordinate a deposit with LPF. We're just gathering people now - and will take steps forward as a full group.

Quote:

What are the other details, like how long it will take after payment for the full kit to arrive? It took way longer For Hasan to get his than what was said. That was 1 kit. Now imagine 6 at the same time. Have these "logistical" issues been worked out by LPF?
Can you pay before everyone else that way the whole group isn't stuck waiting on 1 person, or a similar situation? Will the payment go straight to LPF individually or will one person need to collect it all and then pay? If that's the case then count me and everyone else out, not trusting anyone with almost 6k. Multiply that by 5 and someone has 30k of others money. I'm a trusting person but not dumb.
Sorry for all the questions but before I invest 6k I would like ALL the details.
As far as payment and logistical details are concerned - they want all of the group payment within days of each other, or else they will refund everyone the amount back. So everyone must be ready. As far as kit expectations - I've been told they revised the kit, and they will produce them when the money's been paid. (Why would you want to pay well before everyone else, anyways? It'd be best to just have everyone pay at once. If we get more than 12 people and a couple people drop the ball and can't pay - we can still move forward with the group buy).

I will admit that they kind of dropped the ball on Alefire, but he seems more than pleased and they have been following up with him to make sure he's happy with his kit. That being said, we must manage our expectations and work out a reasonable time frame with LPF.

If you're really skeptical of LPF, being involved in a group buy isn't going to protect you any more than if you were to purchase yourself. So if you are really worried, I'd advise you not to be a part of the group buy. However I do feel that if they screw a bunch of us over at once, we will have more power to act. So perhaps it is safer than going by yourself?

I hope this helps clear some issues. I'll update it again in the OP later. I have some studying to do...
Old 09-14-2014, 11:18 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Clamphier says all kits come with the exhaust now (that funky looking Y mid pipe)
Bama 93 Performance Tune
Old 09-14-2014, 11:21 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRedSixxer View Post
Clamphier says all kits come with the exhaust now (that funky looking Y mid pipe)

Yeah but it's still going down to stock 2.25" overaxles. If you wanted them to change that to a 2.5" or 3" and go with custom exhaust overaxle and mufflers, you would have to specify that and most likely pay the cost-difference for the change in diameter.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:42 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all the info. !
Old 09-15-2014, 12:40 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah but it's still going down to stock 2.25" overaxles. If you wanted them to change that to a 2.5" or 3" and go with custom exhaust overaxle and mufflers, you would have to specify that and most likely pay the cost-difference for the change in diameter.
The stock mid pipe is 2.25 right? So my catback I have now should fit, wrong or right?

Bama 93 Performance Tune

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang