A strange but cool thing happened to me this morning - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:04 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
A strange but cool thing happened to me this morning

I left the house at 7:am to go to the VA clinic. Going up I-95 I passed a Harley Davidson Motorcycle and the Motorcycle guy followed me all the way to the VA clinic. I pulled in and parked and he parked in the Bike Parking and walked over to me. He just wanted to know how I liked my Mustang and informed me how good it looked going past him. He said he loved the sound of my mufflers and asked me if they were stock or performance. I said Magnaflow streets. At 75 MPH I can hear the humm of them if I listen but I did not think they would sound so good going up the interstate at speed outside of the car.
He said he was thinking of getting a 2014 mustang GT but could not find one at the Daytona dealer. I told him mine was a six and he did not believe me until I popped the hood and showed him. He said it sounded so good he just thought it was a V8.
He still wants a GT stick though and the dealer is supposed to be looking for one for him.
He did cheer up my day complimenting my Mustang.
Ronnie

PS: I did tell him I have it for sale for one million dollars cash. He laughed and we went inside.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
There aren't many things that make me feel as good as when someone compliments me on my car.

It's awesome. Congrats!!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

At first I thought I was gonna get beat up or something

I was wondering why he was following me. I knew I didn't cut him off. When somebody follows you to exactly where your going you begin to wonder. It turns out we were going to the same location.
Ronnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Still trying to get that million bucks huh??
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Getting compliments on a vehicle that you love (and everyone here loves their car) is such a great feeling. Even better when it's a girl that's doing the complimenting!

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Getting compliments on a vehicle that you love (and everyone here loves their car) is such a great feeling. Even better when it's a girl that's doing the complimenting!

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yep, had a few of those. Even from my diehard Chevy friends. Although they still give me crap about it being a six haha.

But unfortunately the girlfriend is scared of the car. She HATES when I got WOT. I roll down the windows and sneak it on her from time to time hahaha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
sneak it in her from time to time

Me too!!!!

Anyhoo, did Mario come on this trip with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Great story Ronnie, same happen to me, one of my patient pulled over beside me in the lot and told me my car sounds great, I said thanks, and asked what exhaust I have and told him it was the Borla S-Type, he asked if he could go with me for a spin and I told him sure why not, he was shocked when I told him you can drive it if you want. He was very impressed and said your car is much faster than mine, he has the 2010 Gt Mustang grabberblue but all stock. That made my day and saw him for his check up and the whole time we talk about mustangs.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I left the house at 7:am to go to the VA clinic. Going up I-95 I passed a Harley Davidson Motorcycle and the Motorcycle guy followed me all the way to the VA clinic. I pulled in and parked and he parked in the Bike Parking and walked over to me. He just wanted to know how I liked my Mustang and informed me how good it looked going past him. He said he loved the sound of my mufflers and asked me if they were stock or performance. I said Magnaflow streets. At 75 MPH I can hear the humm of them if I listen but I did not think they would sound so good going up the interstate at speed outside of the car.

He said he was thinking of getting a 2014 mustang GT but could not find one at the Daytona dealer. I told him mine was a six and he did not believe me until I popped the hood and showed him. He said it sounded so good he just thought it was a V8.

He still wants a GT stick though and the dealer is supposed to be looking for one for him.

He did cheer up my day complimenting my Mustang.

Ronnie

PS: I did tell him I have it for sale for one million dollars cash. He laughed and we went inside.

I've got Streets. How the heck did he hear them over the Harley?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

He had stock Harley Mufflers still on it.

It was a newer dresser and still totally stock. He does not want to mess up the warranty so he is not touching anything on it.
My Streets are not really that quite when the RPM's are up. It is pretty silent driving slow around the neighborhood though.
DiESeven asked,
Quote:
Anyhoo, did Mario come on this trip with you
No, Mario could not come to this VA with me. I just went to the Daytona VA clinic to pee in a cup for my cancer treatment tomorrow. Tomorrow I get to leave the house at 4:30 AM to go to Orlando VA for my treatment. The drive over is usually fun but the drive back home is a PITA. (Traffic)

Ronnie
Old 09-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's great. I amazed by the number of complements I get on my base 6er.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Sabs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I was in Daytona last year. Went to Orlando for one of the days... I know what you mean about the drive back! The drive inside Miami was even worse lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang