Steeda g - Trac brace - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-16-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Steeda g - Trac brace

So in a have the pp v6 and am wondering if the steeda g - Trac brace helps at all or is the stock brace sufficient?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
14mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
If you have a strut brace already, you won't really see much more benfit. The only reason to swap it out in your case would be the looks.

Personally, I don't like the PP or Boss 302 brace. Just my preference.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Are we talking about the same brace? This goes on the bottom underneath the car, not the strut brace.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
So you asked if it was sufficient...sufficient for what?
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Like is the stock bar that is there stiff enough for autocross or is the steeda brace going to be stiffer and actually make a difference in handling

Old 09-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang View Post
Like is the stock bar that is there stiff enough for autocross or is the steeda brace going to be stiffer and actually make a difference in handling

Nothing stock is meant or built to be used like that,especially on a V6 Mustang. If you auto cross Id pretty much upgrade as much as possible.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I was looking at BMR and UPR lightweight k members yesterday. They save around 20 lbs weight You can get them so they lower the engine mounts 1/2" in turn lowering the center of gravity. They also make the chassis more rigid.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang View Post
Are we talking about the same brace? This goes on the bottom underneath the car, not the strut brace.

Haha whoops. Nope, the one you're talking about strengthens the k member. My bad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

When you say especially on a v6 mustang thay doesn't make much sense. The v6 and the 5.0 chassis are identical. Mine has the performance package as well which means it has the same suspension and brakes too. So it being a v6 makes little difference . If compared to a gt500 that would be more understandable. Back to the point. Would it just be better to upgrade the k member and skip the brace altogether?

Old 09-17-2014, 09:03 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
There are 101 other things you can and should address before adding chassis bracing to a car when looking to do any sort of competitive driving. Just idly throwing suspension pieces on the car really wont give you the effect you are looking for. Do you have tires suitable for Autox? Suspension? Brakes? No offense, but can you drive?

Most of these cars in stock form are more than enough for a novice driver in any sort of "road course," or "handling" driving. Its important to drive the car as close to stock as possible and see how it behaves, and then add pieces to remedy, not vice versa.

Look at any road course forum, any autox forum or thread, and they will tell you the number one thing you can do to improve is seat time. Wish i would have listened before i started doing road courses, would have saved myself a lot of time and money on parts i "thought" i needed, when i still couldn't even drive my 5.0 7/10ths of what it can actually do.

Also my man, start using the search feature, every question you have doesnt need to be a new thread, it clutters the forums up.
GTWorx/RCE: ST Suspensions Reviewed | A 3.7L V6 Mustang Owner Resource for Modifications and Repairs
First Drive: 2011 Mustang 3.7 V6 and 5.0 V8: Pony, polished and practically perfect. - Speed:Sport:Life
2011-13 Mustang V6 AutoCross and Roadracing
Autocrossing my 3.7 MT-82 in STU - V6 Talk - FastFordMuscle.com
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Oh cool thanks for the links. I can drive pretty well. I have auto crossed alot in other cars I have owned. This is the first mustang though. Good advice for sure as to learning the cars limits and capabilities first.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:14 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I run ESP class with my V6, and have found bracing like that to not be a huge deal. Tires(285mm Bridgestone RE-11 on all four mounted on brembo wheels, or 315mm Hoosier A6 on same wheels), shocks, front sway bar, torsen differential (Hoosiers kill the normal diff within 15 runs), BRAKES (I have completely faded my stock brakes while running STU class, and ESP was even worse), and a watts link (because why deal with the panhard bar dance midcorner), were the best money I spent.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

So installed my g trac brace. I will have to agree that it doesn't look like it will make things better on the 14 performance package. I already have a brace attached at nearly the exact location of the g trac mounting. So maybe a waste of money but then again the k member is said to be a flex point on the mustang so maybe more bracing will help. Who knows I guess.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang