Rearend Looks not centered... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
IS3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Rearend Looks not centered...

I just noticed today when my friend pointed out that the rear end of my v6 is not centered... Anyway, i brought it to a mechanic, lifted it and said there is an adjustable pan-hard bar. I have no idea how to use it. It came with the car when i bought it as a 2nd driver. Basically the looking from the back, the left tire is flushed in the tire well/fender or parallel to it but the right side is slightly out. Can someone please help me how to prep for the adjustment? do i have to lift it or can i just adjust while the car is on the ground?

Thank you,
IS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Learn to google. You are not the only V6 ever to have adjusted a panhard bar. Since i'm feeling generous at the moment though...

The car will need to be on the ground so the suspension is loaded. You'll need to measure the distance from each fender to the rim, i like to use a nail on the end of some string (the nail acts as a weight to keep the string taut) and measure from the string to the center cap of each rim.

Lets say this distance is 1" on one side, and 2" on the other. You'll need to move the car 1/2" so both sides are 1.5" away. This is where it helps to have a second set of hands so someone can be measuring while you're adjusting the PHB, or vice versa. Also, a dab of red loctite on the Jamb nuts is never a bad idea to keep them from backing off in the future.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
IS3
Registered Member
Regular

"Learn to google" love that answer! Obviously, I am doing that at the same time i would like to get help from a MUSTANG forum that had a similar issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

1. I answered your question.
2. The point of a forum is not to come and ask and get a question answered ... well, it is, the first time, but subsequently it serves as a knowledge base for people to look up answers in the future.

When 100 people a day ask what the best intake is, a lot of good information gets lost in the shuffle for the people that do try to search, because theres 100000000 threads on it. On the other hand, if there were only a few concise threads on a topic, the information would be much more easily accessible.

/rant
Old 09-17-2014, 05:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
1. I answered your question.
2. The point of a forum is not to come and ask and get a question answered ... well, it is, the first time, but subsequently it serves as a knowledge base for people to look up answers in the future.

When 100 people a day ask what the best intake is, a lot of good information gets lost in the shuffle for the people that do try to search, because theres 100000000 threads on it. On the other hand, if there were only a few concise threads on a topic, the information would be much more easily accessible.

/rant
C'mon, cut the guy a break, he's a new member and just asking fellow mustang owners a simple question.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

I agree the question is more than reasonable. Lets stick to the topic...
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #7
IS3
Registered Member
Regular

thank you for the answer and i really appreciate it. thing is, not everyone has the same way of finding things. sometimes a forum can be your only friend. but once again thank you.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Yes the never ending CAI and "what exhaust should I get" threads get old. This was a more than reasonable question though. Yeah you can Google but for a question like this hands on advice is best. Sometimes its hard to find the info you need especially when you don't know what some things mean or what info is relevant. Glad the OP got his info. Let's try not to be an "elitist" forum lol

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Dang y'all relax and enjoy the fact that we all own (or wish we owned) some of the best cars out there. Let's have a group hug now

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dark_Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Nothing better than asking a question and then having some wisenheimer chime in like a jerk. If you don't like the question, don't answer it.
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I'm active on several different forums, which are "cluttered," in my opinion. Op just happened to catch me at a bad time.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Guys seriously, we need to move on. I assure you this is not the image the admins here are trying to portray. They want an environment where everyone can post. Are there a million posts about CAI's and exhaust, probably but they want every one to feel welcome. If you dont want to help why waste your time even typing something? Just move on and some one else will chime in. None of this is productive.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:47 PM   #13
IS3
Registered Member
Regular

hey I want to hug it out please lets move on sorry if I replied in a sarcastic way I should have known better!
Old 09-18-2014, 12:12 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3 View Post
hey I want to hug it out please lets move on sorry if I replied in a sarcastic way I should have known better!
Did you get it figured out though? That is all that matters my man

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:56 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Just curious:

Let's say the rear end is not aligned, what will be the effect in the car performance wise? I'm asking coz my panhard bar install is still pending. I can see the other tire sticking out more.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:59 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Pretty much uneven tire wear

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-18-2014, 01:13 AM   #17
IS3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Did you get it figured out though? That is all that matters my man

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune

I figured out how to do it but I dont have the tools available so I'll let you know tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-18-2014, 04:10 AM   #18
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Guys seriously, we need to move on. I assure you this is not the image the admins here are trying to portray. They want an environment where everyone can post. Are there a million posts about CAI's and exhaust, probably but they want every one to feel welcome. If you dont want to help why waste your time even typing something? Just move on and some one else will chime in. None of this is productive.
Yes, correct.

Lets remember that not all of us own the "magic pillow" that we can lay our head down on at night, and obtain the answers while we sleep. I've tried, and it does not work for me.

While I can agree that many automotive forums, including ME are filled with duplicate questions to popular topics, we have to remember that many new members who have just bought a Mustang come to sites and do a first time post, perhaps without first using a search tool.

Mustang Evolutions V6 forum is one of the most popular sections of this site, and I believe its due to the friendly owners of V6 equipped Mustangs. We have a closely bound group of owners, who enjoy talking about their Mustangs, and share their knowledge, ask questions, and enjoy the hobby here. Lets try to be a site where members of all experience levels can come and obtain and share information, politely.

And to those that are tired of the same posts, here's an easy solution; simply don't open the thread. Move on.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:17 AM   #19
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaighost View Post
Just curious:

Let's say the rear end is not aligned, what will be the effect in the car performance wise? I'm asking coz my panhard bar install is still pending. I can see the other tire sticking out more.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I'm thinking the handling into corners is going to be the concern than a vehicle that has it's rear axle centered.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

^^ This, its not something you really notice when its there, but its a profound difference once its been addressed with an ADJ PHB.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang