The most mellow sounding axle back? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Looks nice. I wond e why they didn't just attach a dual tip to the one hole :-/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Looks nice. I wond e why they didn't just attach a dual tip to the one hole :-/
I think because they were under the (false) impression that increasing flow through the mufflers would result in significant performance gains, according to what dubaighost said when he bought them a few days ago.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:40 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
I think because they were under the (false) impression that increasing flow through the mufflers would result in significant performance gains, according to what dubaighost said when he bought them a few days ago.

Most likely. Dubai, if you ever end up getting rid of them, cut a cross section of the muffler. You'll see all the louvers and baffling inside. Pretty neat actually the way it's set up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Update.... closing the second hole did not eliminate the rasp... a bit less but it still sounds bad.

I will be cutting the tips and weld it in my Magnaflow street... I think that's the only solution. ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411840463718.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	166954   Click image for larger version

Name:	1411840480584.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	166955  

Name:	1411840493385.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	166956   Click image for larger version

Name:	1411840507321.jpg
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	166957  

Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 01:18 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Ahhh bro!! Rasp is in your long tubes and catless x. You sure nobody sells resonators in dubai?!

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

My bad bazinga. Was thinking of a different glass pack! Lol! Haven't checked but I'm sure there's a lot.

Yah, I figured out that the stock v6 muffler will not be able to handle the LTs and catless X... and will end up like this...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
You are far from the first to try catless and stock mufflers, they eliminate volume but not rasp. High flow cats and 18" magnaflow glasspacks eliminated my rasp 100%.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post
You are far from the first to try catless and stock mufflers, they eliminate volume but not rasp. High flow cats and 18" magnaflow glasspacks eliminated my rasp 100%.
Stock auto mufflers, no cats, h pipe and extra set of resonators after the H pipe pretty much eliminated all my rasp. Deeper then stock, but still to quiet for my liking.
I've gotten some rasp back with the GT500 mufflers, but its bearable and in a certain rpm range 2k-2.5k. I gained a deeper tone at idle, mid and wot though.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:30 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
Flowmaster force ii

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Had Flowmaster Force 2 drone was a killer 2100 to 2400. Otherwise a nice muffler
06ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:35 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
I replaced the mufflers in mine with the mufflers that come on the standard transmission.

It's exactly the sound I want, good rumble at idle, not waking up the neighbors, but you definitely hear it when you get on it. I don't like to draw much attention to myself. And since its OEM I don't have any drone and it's good quality.

It sounds better in person than in the video, but just as an idea. It doesn't sound raspy like it does in the video.

Manual mufflers on 2014 auto v6 Mustang - YouTube
Didn't think there was a difference between Auto and Manual exhaust. Whats the part number?
Old 10-06-2014, 10:37 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
And why not flowmaster?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Drone Drone drone drone
Old 10-06-2014, 10:40 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06ragtop View Post
Drone Drone drone drone
Yep, they are called dronemasters.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Didn't think there was a difference between Auto and Manual exhaust. Whats the part number?
There isnt a difference.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 10-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
There isnt a difference.

Yes there is. I met up with a member who has a manual and I have an auto. Mine has an inner, smaller diameter tube within the larger tip. His does not. The manual exhaust is slightly louder.

Unless by exhaust you mean everything before the muffler, which yes, is the same.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes there is. I met up with a member who has a manual and I have an auto. Mine has an inner, smaller diameter tube within the larger tip. His does not. The manual exhaust is slightly louder.

Unless by exhaust you mean everything before the muffler, which yes, is the same.

I see what you meant, my bad. The styles are different. Different tips and the outlet you mentioned, but the muffler itself isn't different as far as the inner core. That would make no sense.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
I see what you meant, my bad. The styles are different. Different tips and the outlet you mentioned, but the muffler itself isn't different as far as the inner core. That would make no sense.

Yes you are right. I'm pretty darn sure the baffling and everything inside the muffler should be the same. The larger tip does make the sound a little different but nothing drastic. I think Ford (correctly) assumed that in general, the demographic that buys manual will desire louder exhaust more than those who buy automatics. The people on this forum are exceptions to that rule. My parents, for example, think the stock exhaust is too loud, haha. That's why they drive a fusion.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Ford should know by now with the Mustang being one of the most commonly modified vehicles by a long shot, unless they pull some Lexus LFA magic with the exhaust, it's coming off haha

Old 10-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Sakib why don't you have those borlas on!?!?

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes you are right. I'm pretty darn sure the baffling and everything inside the muffler should be the same. The larger tip does make the sound a little different but nothing drastic. I think Ford (correctly) assumed that in general, the demographic that buys manual will desire louder exhaust more than those who buy automatics. The people on this forum are exceptions to that rule. My parents, for example, think the stock exhaust is too loud, haha. That's why they drive a fusion.

Do auto and manual mufflers have different part numbers though? - much like the GT mufflers from pre 2011 era.

I have a manual and my stock mufflers sounded quite throaty none the less. However, this was at least 6-7 months after I bought my car and had a CAI on. I was pulled over by a cop and he said he could hear me stepping on it from at least 2 blocks away. Even a friend of mine with an auto was like dude what exhaust do you have on your car. It's sounds pretty nice.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Sakib why don't you have those borlas on!?!?

Lol this was an old story

Old 10-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Do auto and manual mufflers have different part numbers though? - much like the GT mufflers from pre 2011 era.

I have a manual and my stock mufflers sounded quite throaty none the less. However, this was at least 6-7 months after I bought my car and had a CAI on. I was pulled over by a cop and he said he could hear me stepping on it from at least 2 blocks away. Even a friend of mine with an auto was like dude what exhaust do you have on your car. It's sounds pretty nice.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
There is a member who recently posted a video where he put manual mufflers on an automatic. Here's the video that I pulled from my watch history. Can't remember who it was, but based on his YouTube user name I would guess it's VIG. You could PM and ask him if he knows the part number.

Manual mufflers on 2014 auto v6 Mustang: http://youtu.be/kYrF7wIB6wI

Old 10-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I wanna know what happened !! You need Borlas !!

Old 10-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I wanna know what happened !! You need Borlas !!

No you misunderstood. I have Borlas. The story of me meeting up and comparing stock automatic and manual is an old story.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
I replaced the mufflers in mine with the mufflers that come on the standard transmission.

It's exactly the sound I want, good rumble at idle, not waking up the neighbors, but you definitely hear it when you get on it. I don't like to draw much attention to myself. And since its OEM I don't have any drone and it's good quality.

It sounds better in person than in the video, but just as an idea. It doesn't sound raspy like it does in the video.

http://youtu.be/kYrF7wIB6wI
Lol. What do you know. It was on this same thread.

Old 10-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
I happen to have a pair of the manual mufflers in case you're looking.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:47 AM   #95

Quote:

At IMM35 I met a guy with a 2013 v6 that had the performance option. The mufflers were the true 3.5 tip and not the cosmetic tip seen on the automatics. Are they different from the standard manual? Just idle curiosity.

But what I really want to know is - has anyone had any experience with either Ford Racing Touring or Sport mufflers on 3.7 auto? Had Flowmaster Force 2 dual conversion on my 06 4 liter and the drone was incredible. Nobody utubing their exhaust sound comment on possible interior drone. And I think autos are more exposed to it due to shifting program.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:50 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by fission View Post
I happen to have a pair of the manual mufflers in case you're looking.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Mustang Evolution mobile app
How much and where you at??
Old 10-08-2014, 02:53 AM   #97

I've got a pair of 05 / 09 GT mufflers. Has anyone tried to hook them up?
Old 10-08-2014, 05:03 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Update: will try the squeeze in the dual tips in my Magnaflow street. ... the 2nd hole will be closed...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1412762564601.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	167581  
Old 10-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
How much and where you at??
I live in Florida. Message me we can probably work something out.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:21 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Getting there. ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1412835691335.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	167643  
Old 09-05-2017, 01:52 PM   #101

Region: Alabama
Im new here and wanted to know the honest opinions with shorty headers, catless h pipes, and mbrp axle back. How do they sound?
3sevenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
with lt's Id suggest resonators first.
Bastard6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:06 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sevenguy View Post
Im new here and wanted to know the honest opinions with shorty headers, catless h pipes, and mbrp axle back. How do they sound?
The second you said catless H pipe it sounded like crap, but that is JMO since the Cats and stock resonators seem to tame the rasp and drone
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:28 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sevenguy View Post
The second you said catless H pipe it sounded like crap, but that is JMO since the Cats and stock resonators seem to tame the rasp and drone [IMG class=inlineimg]http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/images/smilies/new/whistling.gif[/IMG]
+1
Go shorties and axleback first

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang