MBRP exhaust clips WANTED - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
MBRP exhaust clips WANTED

I am thinking of buying the MBRP axle backs in the upcoming month's (can't argue with the price). They sound good on MBRP's official video, but i would like to hear more exhaust clips of them. So far nobody else has a video on Youtube of them, and after my last exhaust (Borla S-type), i am not going to go by a manufacturer's video.

If anyone on here has any of the MBRP exhaust products installed on their V6, please post a sound clip or video of them.

Thank you in advance

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
The Borlas are amazing. Hard to beat that.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Pony123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony123 View Post
The Borlas are amazing. Hard to beat that.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Ehh. Exterior sound was nice, redline was decent, low rpms were...ok, interior was awfully disappointing. Looking for something quieter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
The MBRP will sound like crap compared to the Borlas. You're not gonna get better than the Borla S types. There is no drone at all in the interior. I don't understand what you want. You want something quiet? Borla tourings. Everything else will be raspy, loud, and drone.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
You aren't going to get something loud on the outside and quiet on the inside. Sound doesn't work that way. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I have MBRP catback. It's not loud but brings a nice tone to the exhaust. I would describe it as a nice "humm". As dumb as that may sound.
And no drone or that loud crackling noise when high revving

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
The MBRP will sound like crap compared to the Borlas. You're not gonna get better than the Borla S types. There is no drone at all in the interior. I don't understand what you want. You want something quiet? Borla tourings. Everything else will be raspy, loud, and drone.

There was drone on the interior with the Borla's. The sound when normally accelerating sounded worse than a Honda on the interior (nobody that sat in my car liked the noise unless i went balls out all the time). I want the same sound as the Borla touring's but i don't want to pay the Borla price. I thought if the MBRP's would sound like the touring's, i could save a lot of money.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRedSixxer View Post
I have MBRP catback. It's not loud but brings a nice tone to the exhaust. I would describe it as a nice "humm". As dumb as that may sound.
And no drone or that loud crackling noise when high revving

I would be forever grateful if you could upload a video

Old 09-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2012 Mustang 3.7L V-6 MBRP Cat-back Exhaust: http://youtu.be/srYtt3WMIK0

Old 09-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Alright give me a minute and I will. Takes forever to email myself the video from my phone.
Bama 93 Performance Tune
Old 09-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Hopefully this works
Attached Files
Bama 93 Performance Tune
Old 09-18-2014, 03:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
2012 Mustang 3.7L V-6 MBRP Cat-back Exhaust: 2012 Mustang 3.7L V-6 MBRP Cat-back Exhaust - YouTube

Please read my original post

Old 09-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRedSixxer View Post
Hopefully this works
Couldn't tell much from the video of just the idle, but i very much appreciate you uploading the video!

Old 09-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Borlas do not have drone worse than a Honda something was wrong with your exhaust then. None of them have noticeable drone even at highway speeds. Literally the least drone of any exhaust is borla. If that was too much for you and you want quiet Put the stock manual exhaust on .

Old 09-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Borlas do not have drone worse than a Honda something was wrong with your exhaust then. None of them have noticeable drone even at highway speeds. Literally the least drone of any exhaust is borla. If that was too much for you and you want quiet Put the stock manual exhaust on .

Maybe i phrased my post wrong. The drone wasn't bad...it was very tolerable. I had a problem with spending $600 on mufflers that claim are 100% drone free when they clearly aren't. I stated that under normal driving conditions, the sound on the interior was "ugly" and almost like a honda with a fart can.

On a separate note, they very overpriced. Their "high quality" stainless steel started to develop a rust spot next to where the welds are on the edge. I spoke to a Borla tech representative and she told me it was "part of the manufacturing process and normal." The problem i have with that statement is that i didn't see any rust when i put them on so...

Old 09-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I understand what you are talking about blackstang1, I even took them off for a month or two. I eventually put them back on, and I will say that with the addition of shorty headers, they are the best exhaust I've heard, idle through WOT.

But that wasn't enough, so I had to add an H pipe. The idle up to 3000rpm is beastly, but above 3000rpm rasps quite a bit. If you aren't racing, I'd 100% recommend shorty headers and S-types with the stock x-pipe.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
2Been waiting for bbk to finish their production on the v6 varitu ne but heard the mbrp catback with my setup. Sounds great in normal everyday driving. Haven't heard wot. I personally dislike all of borlas products.

Btw airaid /bbk Tb/bbk longtubes / bbk o/r x.

Hate my autocorrect on my phone.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:47 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post
I understand what you are talking about blackstang1, I even took them off for a month or two. I eventually put them back on, and I will say that with the addition of shorty headers, they are the best exhaust I've heard, idle through WOT.

But that wasn't enough, so I had to add an H pipe. The idle up to 3000rpm is beastly, but above 3000rpm rasps quite a bit. If you aren't racing, I'd 100% recommend shorty headers and S-types with the stock x-pipe.
Thank you! At least someone understands. I would love to do other modifications to my exhaust but i really don't want to add anything that isn't completely reversible when i sell my car. I completely agree with you that the shorty headers sound amazing, i just don't want to have to remove them when the time comes.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fission View Post
2Been waiting for bbk to finish their production on the v6 varitu ne but heard the mbrp catback with my setup. Sounds great in normal everyday driving. Haven't heard wot. I personally dislike all of borlas products.

Btw airaid /bbk Tb/bbk longtubes / bbk o/r x.

Hate my autocorrect on my phone.

What is the BBK product you mentioned? (i think the rest got cut off)

Old 09-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry. The bbk varitune. Its out for 5.0s but went into production the end of August for the v6. It should be out sometime in October for purchase. Probably on brothersperformance.com first as that shop is actually bbk owned.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Here a link to them. http://www.bbkperformance.com/produc...mufflers-.html

Old 09-18-2014, 07:10 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry. The bbk varitune. Its out for 5.0s but went into production the end of August for the v6. It should be out sometime in October for purchase. Probably on brothersperformance.com first as that shop is actually bbk owned.

Quote:
Here a link to them. BBK : adjustable varitune mufflers

Wow, i didn't even know they made mufflers like that. Those things are cool. If they nail the sound and the price, those are definitely going on my car!

Old 09-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I mean you're not gonna get a perfect exhaust sound from just an axleback exhaust.... shorty headers are what really help the exhaust note out.
I really think you are expecting way too much from a v6 mustang with just an axleback
Old 09-18-2014, 07:56 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I'm basing my post in my experience between the Touring and s type Borla's, my touring sound really good when I dont have my headers put in and my x pipe, but after that the sound seems to be really quiet don't get me wrong I still have the nice rumble to it but to quite for my taste, so decided to get the stype and woww I got best of both worlds nice rumble, aggressive when I want it to be and I have that deep gurgle at idle plus with my shorty headers and x pipe it complements really well.. They are pricey I know but you get quality products. This is my third Borla's one from my old 05 and two on my current one. I only stand with Borla's. They have there own unique sound that is, I would say orgasmic every roar I hear it makes me giggle.. I don't know about the drone if there is one then I would never waste my money for getting another one. For each there own.. 😈

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:25 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I'm basing my post in my experience between the Touring and s type Borla's, my touring sound really good when I dont have my headers put in and my x pipe, but after that the sound seems to be really quiet don't get me wrong I still have the nice rumble to it but to quite for my taste, so decided to get the stype and woww I got best of both worlds nice rumble, aggressive when I want it to be and I have that deep gurgle at idle plus with my shorty headers and x pipe it complements really well.. They are pricey I know but you get quality products. This is my third Borla's one from my old 05 and two on my current one. I only stand with Borla's. They have there own unique sound that is, I would say orgasmic every roar I hear it makes me giggle.. I don't know about the drone if there is one then I would never waste my money for getting another one. For each there own.. 😈

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..

I think if we would have set up a trade (I don't have the cats and you do) we would both be extremely happy. The s-types are real raspy with the MRT H pipe, I'm curious if the Touring's would be the perfect fit.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post
I think if we would have set up a trade (I don't have the cats and you do) we would both be extremely happy. The s-types are real raspy with the MRT H pipe, I'm curious if the Touring's would be the perfect fit.
The guy that bought my touring don't have cats and the reason why he bought my touring cos it will sound perfect. I'm happy with my set up with cats on and not raspy at all, it's probably from my shorty headers but will definitely be raspy with your set up with no cats.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I would love to get the touring's but just don't want to pay the price like i did with the S-type.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Get them used you can get them for 400 or less. Got my ATAKs for 250

Old 09-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Get them used you can get them for 400 or less. Got my ATAKs for 250

You got a great buy there, mine is at auction and I put a set price of 500 3 days later a guy bought it right away. Paid 582 for it.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
I would love to get the touring's but just don't want to pay the price like i did with the S-type.
I put mine on trade here for s type, but you didn't chime in, I could have trade you my touring.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You got a great buy there, mine is at auction and I put a set price of 500 3 days later a guy bought it right away. Paid 582 for it.

I mean absolutely no offense to you, but whoever bought your axle backs for $582 is a chump.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I put mine on trade here for s type, but you didn't chime in, I could have trade you my touring.

I was offering to buy them. I sold the S-types a while ago to a friend. If i would have kept them, i would have had no problems trading with you.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:00 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was offering to buy them. I sold the S-types a while ago to a friend. If i would have kept them, i would have had no problems trading with you.
Oh yeah I remember, but can't go for that low and I have to pay for the shipping. Sorry.. but glad I didn't since I got a good deal from it.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh yeah I remember, but can't go for that low and I have to pay for the shipping. Sorry.. but glad I didn't since I got a good deal from it.

Lol, definitely go where the money is.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:03 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I mean absolutely no offense to you, but whoever bought your axle backs for $582 is a chump.
I bought it 582 new, the guy bought it for 500. Just to clear things up, that's with the hat the original box and the instruction sheet.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Couldn't tell much from the video of just the idle, but i very much appreciate you uploading the video!
Yeah sorry it's the only one I had on my phone. I really like them though

Bama 93 Performance Tune

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust