Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Can our 3.7 achieve this? (850hp??)

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  bazinga11 
#1 ·
Just ended up scratching my head after watching this video... is our 3.7 capable of the same?

There have been turbo kits (& supercharger kits) from different companies but all seems to have high 10s to mid 11s as the best quarter mile time....

Watch "8 Second Toyota Corolla! Crazy FAST!" on YouTube
8 Second Toyota Corolla! Crazy FAST!: 8 Second Toyota Corolla! Crazy FAST! - YouTube

#5 ·
Wasn't clamphier already in the 800+ range with the turbo and 100 shot of nitrous?

#3 ·
With the eight engine and transmission work, of course.

But the problem being, it's still uncharted territory so everything would have to be bespoke, which means astronomically expensive.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#8 ·
Ahh that's right. What I'm thinking is probably when he mentioned going to the twins. 800+ being the goal, not including the hp boost from spraying. Impressive none the less. Wish I had the cash to drop on that kind of power haha.

#9 ·
although he hasnt provided any recent dyno graphs.... daniel screen name (solobusa) has claimed 748rwhp on 19lbs and a 10.2 1/4mi

but he hasnt posted any vids or time slips...

#10 ·
So without forged internals and nitrous, what could be the maximum HP our 3.7 can achieve?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#16 ·
Bone stock engine on a 'turbo' would be 475rwhp max, provided you have a 'good' tune and a smooth dyno graph.

Procharger I'd say 450 due to parasitic loss; number you see on a dyno with this setup don't show it. Hence you need more boost to get to same power levels of a turbo running low boost.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||

#11 ·
Take any number you want (within reason) and you can reach it. It just depends on whether or not you have the funding. I remember reading an article about 5 years ago. First 100 hp is $2500 next 100 hp is $7500 ( dont remember real numbers) but you'll get to the point where adding 5 rwHP is 5x as much as adding the first 500.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#12 ·
I know it's $$$ at the end of the day but it's just that I've been seeing videos of 4 bangers that is way up the mark than our 3.7s in terms of HP... both with spray or turbocharger or supercharger

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#13 ·
Some engines take boost better than others. Plus those 4 bangers have a LOT of money in them to get to that level.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.