Thoughts on Mac LT headers and H pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Question Thoughts on Mac LT headers and H pipe

So a lot of people on AM have bought the BBK LT headers and X-pipe/Catted pipe. Here in FL we don't have standard emissions testing so I originally wanted to go the BBK LT header and O/R X pipe route with maybe a Borla S/Touring to tame down the rasp..I would have preferred an H pipe over the X pipe for taming and preference for low end torque vs top end output, but on American Muscle there is only one combination I can see with an H pipe matching the manufacturer. MAC has a LT header and matching H pipe prochamber that I am interested in but cant find much exhaust clips or reviews for compared to the BBK setup. Anyone here have their thoughts on this setup on a 3.7 14 V6' looking to achieve a somewhat deep growl and more low end torque rather than rasp and top end output?
kgallowaypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 01:28 AM   #2
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
The MAC set-up is still fairly new, which is primarily why there aren't really any videos. AmericanMuscle doesn't carry them, but ARH has a set of longtubes with the option for an h-pipe: ARH Longtubes Headers & Off Road H-pipe. Kinda high in price but they've always been top quality products from what I've seen. You could also get a custom one fabricated. I had a shop make one for my Borla headers using the Lethal Performance off road h-pipe I had.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
The MAC set-up is still fairly new, which is primarily why there aren't really any videos. AmericanMuscle doesn't carry them, but ARH has a set of longtubes with the option for an h-pipe: ARH Longtubes Headers & Off Road H-pipe. Kinda high in price but they've always been top quality products from what I've seen. You could also get a custom one fabricated. I had a shop make one for my Borla headers using the Lethal Performance off road h-pipe I had.
1444 is definitely above average, I figure either they have a markup to meet for a specialized customer or it really must be that well built. I want to lean towards the latter, but with exhausts, its install after a few hours and test for resolution and satisfaction. I am going to bookmark this one and propose it to a welding shop to see if they can meet-or-less the cost for parts-labor to weld different sections in. The weld is just the icing on the cake in my opinion, the build of the two different parts is what your paying for in a custom job to do the connect.
kgallowaypa is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang