Bama Performance Tune Issue - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grom80 View Post
I had the same issue...with 4, not 1 or 2...FOUR Bama tunes. I think these guys just done give a damn or fork out so many random tunes that god knows what you get. Performance sucks as well...because for a "race" tune, I'm sorry...80% of other tuners out there give them dust...

I wonder why they haven't realized that yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Free tunes for life....not many offer that. Plus smart people datalog their cars to ensure the tune is written specifically for their car. They have hundreds if not thousands of people demanding "perfect" tunes from them and on top of it all the expect it the next day or worse THAT very same day. People need to get over themselves and stop to realize the job these guys do for us is the best they can. Not that they are the best but they are deffinatly one of the more respected and for that I trust them. So you get a botched tune? So what! Return it back to how you had it and tell them. They will fix it. No one has had their engine damaged as of yet and if they did it's most kikly they ignored the small tune issues and decided to run the car hard on said botched tune and killed it themselves. Plus their tunes are very conservative. They tune it yo give you added performance but as it states on their site if your not happy with how it performs send them a datalog and they will amp it up for you.

Grom, your right though, going with a custom dyno tune is best and had I known about Mr. Swan I'd prolly had just gone with him while I was still in California.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2014, 10:15 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Bama Performance Tune Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Free tunes for life....not many offer that. Plus smart people datalog their cars to ensure the tune is written specifically for their car. They have hundreds if not thousands of people demanding "perfect" tunes from them and on top of it all the expect it the next day or worse THAT very same day. People need to get over themselves and stop to realize the job these guys do for us is the best they can. Not that they are the best but they are deffinatly one of the more respected and for that I trust them. So you get a botched tune? So what! Return it back to how you had it and tell them. They will fix it. No one has had their engine damaged as of yet and if they did it's most kikly they ignored the small tune issues and decided to run the car hard on said botched tune and killed it themselves. Plus their tunes are very conservative. They tune it yo give you added performance but as it states on their site if your not happy with how it performs send them a datalog and they will amp it up for you.

Grom, your right though, going with a custom dyno tune is best and had I known about Mr. Swan I'd prolly had just gone with him while I was still in California.

Man the last time I tried to get Bama to datalog my car and fine tune my tune, I got a **** ton of excuses, resistance and "oh you don't need to do it...we only do it if you have a problem"...so what thy state publicly and what you're up against privately are two different things.

I keep hearing many complain about Bama. And don't get me wrong, I gave them my money. But after a while I bailed...

grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:28 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Bama is great for beginners to the tuning world. Most want to have a little more performance but are way too scared to do the proper mods to get that performance and therefore stick with basics. Bamma offers a great intro into tunes and how they change your cars performance without scaring people into thinking their engine will explode. MPT has tunes that are much more aggressive and not really setup for the uneasy noob. Some people just can't handle. Now back to BAMA, you can start off stock and get a great tune and leave it at that. After a year you may decide I want a steeda intake. Well you can just call up BAMA and they wil send you a revised tune free of charge. As you progress through your mods they will provide basic revised tunes for you absolutely free (try that with MPT). Now once you have your mods done. You decide that you want it more aggressive, shoot them a call and explain that you want a more aggressive tune and they will to what they feel the limits should be write you a tune doing so. If it still isn't working for you, then I would say go to MPT or better yet get a custom dyno tune. Grom...your mods are WAY beyond what Bama can handle man. LoL no online tune would have ever satisfied you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Bama is great for beginners to the tuning world. Most want to have a little more performance but are way too scared to do the proper mods to get that performance and therefore stick with basics. Bamma offers a great intro into tunes and how they change your cars performance without scaring people into thinking their engine will explode. MPT has tunes that are much more aggressive and not really setup for the uneasy noob. Some people just can't handle. Now back to BAMA, you can start off stock and get a great tune and leave it at that. After a year you may decide I want a steeda intake. Well you can just call up BAMA and they wil send you a revised tune free of charge. As you progress through your mods they will provide basic revised tunes for you absolutely free (try that with MPT). Now once you have your mods done. You decide that you want it more aggressive, shoot them a call and explain that you want a more aggressive tune and they will to what they feel the limits should be write you a tune doing so. If it still isn't working for you, then I would say go to MPT or better yet get a custom dyno tune. Grom...your mods are WAY beyond what Bama can handle man. LoL no online tune would have ever satisfied you!

Yeah I guess you're right. But this guy shouldn't be having these issues bro.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #40

Region: Kentucky
I had issue after issue for months with BAMA. It would take weeks to get a new tune after the last one they sent wasn't even right. Speedo always off, DTC's left and right.. It was a nightmare. Finally switched to MPT and I couldn't be happier.

Bama needs to just stop. Theyre wasting everyone's time and risking blowing up motors sending out crap that isn't right.
mittermiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I did the #47 fuse pull and it seems to be shifting much better. Not as jerky on WOT shifts. Still think my old tune was better though

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Whoops wrong thread

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:25 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

coming from having a Bama tune then switching to MPT. MPT is loads better and no more idle surging just fyi. Bama is actually getting more conservative on their tunes to make them more safer now. Bama is better then stock then you got MPT which is a whole different breed when it comes to tuning our Mustangs. Theirs a reason why when everyone switches they say MPT is better.
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #44
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I've seen dyno threads of mpt vs Bama vs stock, does anyone have some 1/4 times comparing them??
Old 11-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willb2305 View Post
coming from having a Bama tune then switching to MPT. MPT is loads better and no more idle surging just fyi. Bama is actually getting more conservative on their tunes to make them more safer now. Bama is better then stock then you got MPT which is a whole different breed when it comes to tuning our Mustangs. Theirs a reason why when everyone switches they say MPT is better.
Auto?
Old 11-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #46
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
What happened to the OP?
Did Bama fix the issue?
Did he get the MPT installed?

Somethings just don't sound right.
I got MPT and it is 100x better than Bama...

Edit: But Bama did send me a corrected version of the tune, Discarded after I received my new MPT tune (Car is more responsive and even feels more aggressive)
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Most Auto guys end up with MPT, the shifts are firmer and more aggressive. Engine wise the two dynos ive seen between BAMA 93 race and MPT 93they are just a couple hp and trq from eachother it doesnt make a difference.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Notice that the AM reps haven't responded in a while. Although that could just be because they were busy with SEMA
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Notice that the AM reps haven't responded in a while. Although that could just be because they were busy with SEMA
They shouldn't have to. Yes BAMA is owned by the same company that owns AM but AM shouldn't be involved with pleasing everyone who is unhappy with BAMA. BAMA should do a better job...maybe even offer a live chat like Tire Rack....might help people a little more. Could even have people work remotely from other areas to expand their Customer Service hrs. Sucks when your on the west coast and you have to call before 2 pm because they are closed at 5 EST.

Anyway, its going to happen. Your never going to get the perfect tune through email unless you work with a smaller company who has the time and sits with you day to day as you datalog and they adjust.

Im going through my 3rd revision with BAMA right now. I had 2 great revisions but the car just feels a bit slower up top above 3k rpm the higher the rpm the more choked it feels. It didn't feel like that before i started data logging. Down low its a little monster. Point is this 3rd revision threw a CEL. 2 codes, "banks 1 and 2 Cam Shaft over retarded". didn't feel different until i gave it 25-30% throttle and i could feel it bogged way down and had absolutely NO power. I just need to reload with my previous revision and wait for them to correct it. Be patiant with them and they will help you out.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

I agree that they shouldn't have to, just that they usually do
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

any one done a Mpt tune on a stick ? how does that compara to bama tune?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:08 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
From everyone who has made the jump.........better, I don't think I've ever read someone say that they were going back to Bama because MPT wasn't good enough. I'm going to give MPT a try next spring, but I really have nothing negative to say about my Bama tunes, I just want to explore what's available. Might even give Steeda a call also.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Bama Performance Tune Issue

Sorry I double posted
FRPP tower brace,SVT front sway bar,SVT rear sway bar
FRPP lowering springs,FRPP brakes ,3.31 gears
Loudv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

I recently got the stage 2 lope tune for my auto on the 87 octane at first I thought their was something wrong with the tune because it made the car basically long story short a ready to go drag car for anything. I gave them a call and talk to them over email and they said absolutely everything was fine. I also have the 87 octane Economy tune their is one problem that is it revs way to high gave them an email response the same day I have the codes p0240 and p0241 which I believe is because of water in them when I hit a puddle in a rain Storm, but they said as soon as those go away tell them and will get it figured out. All and all best customer service I've ever had they know what they are doing.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:52 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

DYNO TUNE! nothing beats it...these Mailorder tunes are like Mailorder brides...

Old 11-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Hahahaha that's a great example yeah here pretty soon I'm going to take it down to this place in Ohio called cincy speed I heard they do absolute great stuff I should of listened to my mustang buddies when they to get it dyno tuned

Old 11-07-2014, 11:04 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudv6 View Post
Hahahaha that's a great example yeah here pretty soon I'm going to take it down to this place in Ohio called cincy speed I heard they do absolute great stuff I should of listened to my mustang buddies when they to get it dyno tuned

There ya go !

Old 11-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Same here...me and Shunc01 are going to a place up in New Hampshire to get a dyno tune once we get out ported Intake manifolds...
Old 11-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Same here...me and Shunc01 are going to a place up in New Hampshire to get a dyno tune once we get out ported Intake manifolds...
Hell yeah....

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Lol geeez...Bama isn't bad at tuning they just take so damn LOOOONG to get to anyone's tune. I got an email last Friday with a new revision (I had just sent them a second datalog the day before). The tune threw a cam over ****** code and CEL came on.so I just loaded the previous one. I sent a response to them about it and they got back to me on Monday. When I received the email I responded 10 mins after it came in...i get a response the NEXT day (today) and they want me to send a NEW datalog...it's been almost a month and only 2 revisions have been made. If I was still nine So Cal I'd be fine with it all but winter is coming soon. I'll be gone for 2 weeks at the end of the month, I have no comp of my own (borrowed Shunc01's a couple times) to top it off I have no time. I get 1 day maybe 2 where I don't have work or something to do. If there is a problem with Bama it's the turn around time...it's slower than a stock auto 4.0...
Old 11-12-2014, 04:18 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Go to Danny Swanson in Torrance and Dyno tune it man...$350 very well spent.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:38 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99 View Post
any 99-04 stang would work. theres not much difference between the cars for years, and only fogs, badging, duals, and wheels for v6-GT.
I'm not in So Cal any more. There are some tuners out here I can go to and I will once I get some ported intake manifolds
Old 05-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #63
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Thanks for posting Rush. This info is making my immediate similar purchase much easier.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang