A beginner's guide to modifying your V6 - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2015, 11:45 AM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
+2...you have a long time to get that car you really want. If I had just saved my money instead of modding and dumping cash into my Accent I could have afforded a new 5.0 by the time I was 24...instead I had to bust my *** another 3 years to finally get my current V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

So you guys suggest I wait and save money ? Should I flake on the salesmen im set to test drive a 14' tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:31 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCaMuscle View Post
So you guys suggest I wait and save money ? Should I flake on the salesmen im set to test drive a 14' tomorrow.

I would agree with them and just wait. You can always test drive the car, just be mentally prepared to walk away. They WILL pressure you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2015, 01:41 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

That's true, sorry I'm more familiar with older mustangs. The v6 has 305 hrp, and the GT 400 or so? Is that thee only difference performance. Although the v8 sounds better.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

And I have driven the v6, I gave the dealer dude a fake number so he wouldn't bug me. The v6 feels amazing I could only imagine the GT...My 4.6 was passed down by my older brother Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423773912.385604.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	175257

Old 02-12-2015, 01:47 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423774000.879584.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	175258

Old 02-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Given your situation I would say just hold off until you're out of college and have a steady job. That way you won't be hurting for money after a car payment and not to mention insurance which at 18 will be pretty high.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:05 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

I agree, thanks.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Given your situation I would say just hold off until you're out of college and have a steady job. That way you won't be hurting for money after a car payment and not to mention insurance which at 18 will be pretty high.

Yes insurance is a ***** trust me!!!

bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:15 PM   #115
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:

Do the right thing and give the courtesy of cancelling the drive.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:19 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
And I have driven the v6, I gave the dealer dude a fake number so he wouldn't bug me. The v6 feels amazing I could only imagine the GT...My 4.6 was passed down by my older brother Attachment 175257

I am 21 bro I was in the same shoes as you but didn't have a car, I bought my 2012 brand new because I needed a reliable car. That being said I was a full time student as well as working full time with overtime. I was making a decent amount of money and had money left over after my car payment. If I was you I would wait, you already have a car. I am now out of college and with a federal job I still have my 2012 v6 and able to get a cobra if I wanted to but, I am not a fan of payments so ill keep my 2012.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-18-2015, 11:43 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hi I'm new to this. I currently drive a 1996 4.6 GT I'm debating wether to upgrade to a newer mustang and I'm set to test drive a 2014 (RED) v6 automatic this Friday. The dealer is asking 17 k for it. I am only 18, soon to go to college I work a part time job, I do not make much but I do make a decent amount of money. My question here is wether to wait and purchase a 5.0 ? (Save much more) or go for that v6?

WAIT! Keep on with school hang in there and wait to grab a newer 5.0 for a bargain! By the time you're making better money you'll be able to pick up coyotes for the same price as that V6. Also it seems like the new coyotes in the '15s are getting HUGE aftermarket support so maybe check out one of those in a few years. I wish I was more patient when I bought my '14 v6 I had the money for a 5.0 but insurance was going to make me pay $400 a month so it was a no go! Patience is a virtue and hopefully you'll have a great opportunity in the near future. ☺

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mike3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:35 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I always wanted a Mustang for like 10 years and just bought a 2012 V6 with only 13k miles a few weeks ago. I was going to get a GT, but am enjoying the low car payments and insurance equal to that of my old Ford Focus. Plus, I love this car!

My goal is to enjoy this car as my first Mustang, pay it off, build up more credit, and use it as a trade in for a new GT down the road.

My friends give me trouble and laugh that it's a V6, but my 305hp smokes all their stock Camrys, Civics, and Malibus that they drive. Plus, it looks way cooler!

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424529342.109854.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	175804

aleXXXps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:14 PM   #119
Kevin.Cook

Hey Alexxx. The 2011s and 2012s are solid performers and have good style. Definitely see alot of potential in that car!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-27-2015, 07:19 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

True, I agree with you guys I would hate to pay for insurance lol. I have two jobs (YouTube) and (Walgreens) im getting decent paychecks but I'm going to college next semester Id rather not stress. Biggest issue I have no is deciding what I want to do, I thought about criminal justice as well as air conditioning since it's always a guaranteed job where I live. What would be a good down payment for a brand new mustang ? I will continue to save until after college

Old 03-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
[QUOTE=GoldenCaMuscle;2182203]True, I agree with you guys I would hate to pay for insurance lol. I have two jobs (YouTube) and (Walgreens) im getting decent paychecks but I'm going to college next semester Id rather not stress. Biggest issue I have no is deciding what I want to do, I thought about criminal justice as well as air conditioning since it's always a guaranteed job where I live. What would be a good down payment for a brand new mustang ? I will continue to save until after college

I bought mine in september for 18000, i got discounts for being active duty military, but i put down 8000 an got a pretty good interest rate im only paying 150 a month

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
swhitfield2013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:38 PM   #122
Kevin.Cook

Just wondering, What intake should I get?

Lol I kid...

Were any charts, graphs, or times ever provided for this? This thread would be more helpful with some numbers. I still see alot of posts that this thread was geared towards but without answering the numbers portion, more people will still ask the questions. We need to get our hands on some facts or else people like me will keep spending $400 on a throttle body. LOL!

I would take my car to a dyno but the only decent sounding shop I can find in Austin, TX, is Aikman's Performance. But they respond to calls and emails like they are avoiding the plague. No lie when I say I tried for a month straight to try and get them to install 3.31 gears on my 2011 Mustang. Had cash in hand and everything. Never would get a call back to confirm an appointment. And they have one of the few dynos here
Old 03-04-2015, 03:57 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post

Lol I kid...

Were any charts, graphs, or times ever provided for this? This thread would be more helpful with some numbers. I still see alot of posts that this thread was geared towards but without answering the numbers portion, more people will still ask the questions. We need to get our hands on some facts or else people like me will keep spending $400 on a throttle body. LOL!

I would take my car to a dyno but the only decent sounding shop I can find in Austin, TX, is Aikman's Performance. But they respond to calls and emails like they are avoiding the plague. No lie when I say I tried for a month straight to try and get them to install 3.31 gears on my 2011 Mustang. Had cash in hand and everything. Never would get a call back to confirm an appointment. And they have one of the few dynos here
It sounds like a thread is required to pose some basic questions to all who have throttle bodies as well as those that are knowledgeable on the subject.
There's obviously a lot of differences of opinions on the benefits of throttle bodies.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:02 AM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

I myself have a throttle body bbk, an i do believe it added air capacity, bot sure on numbers i got it dynoed with that an the cai and new gears, but with just the air intake my car ran fine little bit more peppy when i added the throttle body i had so much air my engine could hardly compensate it kinda worried me. I would rev it up and the rpms would lock at like 2 or 3 and not go down till i tap the pedal then theyd slowly go down again and when i reved it high it would take forever to get back down to idle, also it would pull my car to go faster almost like an automatic, so id leave the clutch in and at 2nd gear id be hitting 25 mph pulling me from a dead stop then put it in third once again without touching the gas and id get pulled up to 30 to 35 ish, kinda creepy like a ghost care but it showed i was getting much more air and power as the MAF tried to compensate my adding more air

Old 03-05-2015, 08:07 AM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post

Lol I kid...

I would say it wont make a huge difference between any if you are having a hard time choosing go with the one you think looks best, thats honestly the biggest difference, that and cost and maybe sound, my cai from airaid along with bbk throttle body makes my breather sound like a turbos BOV so i like it, most people think i have a turbo off the bat cause of that and the 4.10 gears, but if you are in cali like me then get the airaid its california emissions legal, thats big. As for the rest im not sure i went with airaid cause there seemed to be little difference between them all, airaid looked nice and it was recommended by AM.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:38 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Awesome guide volt!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
blackwolfndn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:12 AM   #127

Region: Washington
This is awesome! I appreciate this a ton.

2000 3.8 v6
67k miles
juststev96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:52 AM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by juststev96 View Post
This is awesome! I appreciate this a ton.

2000 3.8 v6
67k miles

Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:55 AM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
This is just what I needed to get my mod list going, thanks!

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:55 PM   #130

I need help on what to do to mine to make it look better

mattdasax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:21 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdasax View Post
I need help on what to do to mine to make it look better

What would you like to know?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:57 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1428724545.396438.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	179711 my new 2015 v6 for some odd reason I did not like the Eco boost so I went with the v6.... 7 year factory warranty! I had my dad drive my current GT home turned it on and the first thing the dude at the dealer said " make sure not to install aftermarket exhaust on your v6 it'll void the 7 year warranty. ):

Old 04-11-2015, 12:46 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

You turned down the warranty guaranteed flash tunes on the eco-boost for the v6?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mike3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:35 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

I liked the v6 better

Old 04-11-2015, 07:19 AM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attachment 179711 my new 2015 v6 for some odd reason I did not like the Eco boost so I went with the v6.... 7 year factory warranty! I had my dad drive my current GT home turned it on and the first thing the dude at the dealer said " make sure not to install aftermarket exhaust on your v6 it'll void the 7 year warranty. ):

Would rather have the V6 over the ecoboost

Sent from my XT907 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:59 AM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Okay in my opinion bro the v6 has a better feel and sound to it. Don't get me wrong they are both good cars but I preferred the v6

Old 04-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Okay in my opinion bro the v6 has a better feel and sound to it. Don't get me wrong they are both good cars but I preferred the v6

So does that mean if you won a contest for a free V6 or a GT, of equal value, you would take the 6?
Just wondering!
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:32 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Well hey a mustang is a mustang. Obviously we all wants a GT or cobra. But as of now I'm young a v6 is good enough although I have both a GT and v6.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:52 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well hey a mustang is a mustang. Obviously we all wants a GT or cobra. But as of now I'm young a v6 is good enough although I have both a GT and v6.

I like your answer that you have both. The best of both worlds.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I have a question about the SCT bama tuners. Do the SC3 and SC4 come preloaded with the same tunes? Is it dangerous to buy a used one?
Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang