A beginner's guide to modifying your V6 - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:06 AM   #176
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Food for thought

Power train warranty is five years or
60,000 miles.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016, 09:10 AM   #177
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
Also note that the SCT4 DOES have a box tune on it. So, if you buy a used one first make damn sure the seller UNMARRIED the device. Then second, make sure you RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULT when you get the device. Third, connect the SCT via wifi and UPDATE the tuner with the latest files.

Now, after all of that, if I were you I would try the box tune that comes with the SCT4. I chose 91 octane for better compression, and set my max rev at 7000, then removed the max speed. The box tune actually greatly improved the dumbed down stock tune of my auto transmission and my Mustang's overall performance was greatly improved.

I would only pay for a "custom tune" if my Mustang was heavily modded. Otherwise you're wasting your money.
The only thing I would add to this is, if you buy the SCT tuner new from MPT, Bama or Steeda, you will get the boxed tunes that come with the SCT tuner and the custom tunes from MPT, Bama or Steeda are included free.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:00 PM   #178
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
The only thing I would add to this is, if you buy the SCT tuner new from MPT, Bama or Steeda, you will get the boxed tunes that come with the SCT tuner and the custom tunes from MPT, Bama or Steeda are included free.
Just trying to get more familiar with some of the details myself and found this so far.

Steeda - SCT Tuner with 1 custom tune - $400
Bama - SCT Tuner with 2 custom tunes - $400
MPT - SCT Tuner with 3 custom tunes - $450
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016, 04:57 PM   #179
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Just trying to get more familiar with some of the details myself and found this so far.

Steeda - SCT Tuner with 1 custom tune - $400
Bama - SCT Tuner with 2 custom tunes - $400
MPT - SCT Tuner with 3 custom tunes - $450
Got mine from MPT during Christmas sale for $375. Best time to buy the big ticket items is around the end of the year. Have always saved money. I just checked MPT's website and they have the SCT tuner and 3 custom tunes bundle for $400 ($399.95). Here's the link: http://www.morepowertuning.com/sct-7...d-mustang-3.7l
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 08-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #180
Registered Member
Regular

That's good to know about the end of year deals. I'm not quite ready for mine yet.

That's the MPT ad I was looking at. The title is misleading. When you go down to "Please Choose an Option", you have to add $50 for the MPT tunes. (Unless I missed something.)
Old 08-25-2016, 04:03 PM   #181
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
That's good to know about the end of year deals. I'm not quite ready for mine yet.

That's the MPT ad I was looking at. The title is misleading. When you go down to "Please Choose an Option", you have to add $50 for the MPT tunes. (Unless I missed something.)
You're absolutely right about the drop down option for the $50 tunes. I missed that, must be new. Not surprised they went up a bit. From my own experience and many others, MPT is the best tune for our 3.7L V6 engines. I've been running my MPT tunes for over 2 years and have had zero issues and plenty of fun

Also, at the time I got mine, before Christmas, MPT was the only one that was offering a break on the SCT tuner with 3 tunes.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:27 AM   #182
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Little curious on something. I saw a fellow Stang owner's engine bay (awesome by the way he painted the air plenum and block all candy red!) and he had the "Crankcrase or Oil Breather's" installed on his engine.

Is there any real use for these? I thought they were mainly used for "High Powered" vehicles?

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:44 PM   #183
Registered Member
Regular

What about a oil separator?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #184

This has a lot of valuable information!
Have you guys heard of the Bassani axleback? What do you think of it?
SDV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #185

SDV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:04 PM   #186
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDV6 View Post
I have the bassani axle back on my car and love it.
Bastard6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #187
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastard6 View Post
I have the bassani axle back on my car and love it.
They are the best

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang