Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Finally we might see an intake manifold for our 3.7s

21K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  SouthernCyclone 
#1 ·
I have been closely following this thread for quite some time now. It's a single turbo prototype build by JMP Performance, one of the first guys who tried to come up with a twin turbo system. As I have read, they are competing with LPF to develop a kit for our sixers. But having said that, this new IM is engineered with FI in mind. For those of us planning to stay N/A, OP said different engineering design might be needed. I'm sure once his kit is out, we will hope to see a N/A version sooner or later.

Here are the pictures. And the throttle body you see is a 90mm from 5.0! Enjoy :D

2013 V6 Mustang: Twin Turbo Build - Page 28 - Houston-Imports.com

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·

Someone beat him to it... kinda looks like he built his off a similar design that John Kerr used.. this one has been around since early this year too..

#7 ·
That plenum is massive, and clearly designed for boost. For high RPM Na though, the runners would need to be a little longer i feel. Its very hard to say from the pictures, but that one still looks like it sits a little short. Still pretty exciting though.

#5 ·
I guess I'm going to be nitpicky here. Those things are ugly as sin.

I'm all for performance, but take some time for some aesthetic design lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#6 ·
I'm guessing they are Prototypes

When and if they come out with a production version it will look a whole lot better and probably be made of some sort of plastic.
Things like this take a whole lot of time and money plus "TESTING & CHANGING" things before they can sell them.
Ronnie

#9 ·
#13 ·
Yah I saw this before and I'm waiting for it to progress... good to see the development of the intake. The last time a saw, there were just six raw pipes... I hope it moves a bit faster...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#16 ·
Is this the same car?

Attachments

#17 ·
thats it... its gonna be a bamf when its done

#18 ·
I wonder who's garage / company will be selling it.....

#19 ·
John Kerr sells em

#20 ·
Who's John kerr? :p

#22 ·
#21 ·
At least it's not an intaker and 7 1/2 pistons.

#23 ·
Thanks man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.