How many miles tune? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
How many miles tune?

Just got a new 14 auto and have my airaid intake and bama tune from last one just wondering when should I first tune and put intake in the new one it has 130 miles just wondering how many more miles should be safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanglife305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2014, 08:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
How many miles tune?

I'm not sure about safe but I put a Airaid,Bana 93r tune,Lethal o/r x pipe, and Roush axle back on before my car hit 40 miles. I should also have a LPF turbo kit on before I hit 2000 miles

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Daveauth21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Safe is just a matter of opinion, and how you drive it. I know these cars go through a "break in" procedure from the factory, but i still treat every new car like a built motor.

Oil change at 500, and oil change at 1000 to flush all the shavings and things out as the motor is breaking in. It can be cheap oil, its literally just for the sake of removing debris as the parts start wearing to each other. No WOT under 500 miles, and i try to keep the engine under 3000-3500 or so. from 500-1000 i'll gradually start leaning into the throttle and going higher in the rev range with LOTS of engine braking (engine braking really helps set the piston rings). After the 1000 miles, i put my good oil in and drive it like i stole it.

Point being: You can put the mods and tune on right now, and it makes no difference, its basically how you drive it that counts. Some people hop right on a new motor and go for broke, some like to break them in a bit...
My method is probably overkill, but i am kind of OCD about my cars... i know i abuse the hell out of them, so i try to do them every favor i can along the way.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #4
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
OP-Volt beat me to it on this and I come from the same school of thought...I'm a little meticulous, borderingocd but it's really going to be a matter of opinion on this! I would say do it when you're comfortable with doing so. The tune is absolutely safe! Let us know if you have any other questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Safe is just a matter of opinion, and how you drive it. I know these cars go through a "break in" procedure from the factory, but i still treat every new car like a built motor.

Oil change at 500, and oil change at 1000 to flush all the shavings and things out as the motor is breaking in. It can be cheap oil, its literally just for the sake of removing debris as the parts start wearing to each other. No WOT under 500 miles, and i try to keep the engine under 3000-3500 or so. from 500-1000 i'll gradually start leaning into the throttle and going higher in the rev range with LOTS of engine braking (engine braking really helps set the piston rings). After the 1000 miles, i put my good oil in and drive it like i stole it.

Point being: You can put the mods and tune on right now, and it makes no difference, its basically how you drive it that counts. Some people hop right on a new motor and go for broke, some like to break them in a bit...
My method is probably overkill, but i am kind of OCD about my cars... i know i abuse the hell out of them, so i try to do them every favor i can along the way.
This!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang