Caster Camber plates. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
iantrusive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: LA
Posts: 195
Caster Camber plates.

Hey all, ordered my SR lowering springs and panhard bar, can't wait to drop this baby! Quick question though, I've been reading a few mixed posts about people who used Caster Camber Plates and people who did not. My question is, are they absolutely necessary? Some people seemed to have lowered the car without using them and have had no issues, while others said they had to buy them. I rather not drop $300 if I don't have to. Anyone have experience leaving them off after lowering the car? Did you need to buy them down the road? Have there been 0 issues and still going strong? Any help is appreciated.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
iantrusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by iantrusive View Post
Hey all, ordered my SR lowering springs and panhard bar, can't wait to drop this baby! Quick question though, I've been reading a few mixed posts about people who used Caster Camber Plates and people who did not. My question is, are they absolutely necessary? Some people seemed to have lowered the car without using them and have had no issues, while others said they had to buy them. I rather not drop $300 if I don't have to. Anyone have experience leaving them off after lowering the car? Did you need to buy them down the road? Have there been 0 issues and still going strong? Any help is appreciated.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I got them when I lowered my car out of pure preference. To have more adjustability room, along with get rid of the crappy stock strut mounts.

Do you "need" them? Absolutely not. I would highly recommend at least eibach camber bolts to help get things back in line, but the plates themselves really just depend on your plans.


Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
iantrusive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: LA
Posts: 195
Thanks Joey much appreciated!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
iantrusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Laquisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,279
nope I have SR lowering springs and steeda adj panhard bar. everythings dandy Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1411686436.571759.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	806.3 KB
ID:	166879
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
iantrusive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: LA
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorB3 View Post
nope I have SR lowering springs and steeda adj panhard bar. everythings dandy Attachment 166879

That's a beautiful car my friend, thanks for letting me know!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
iantrusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Laquisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by iantrusive View Post
That's a beautiful car my friend, thanks for letting me know!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Thanks Pal.
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caster Camber Plates or Camber Bolts OutlawGT 2005-2010 Mustang GT 18 04-05-2012 05:55 PM
Caster/Camber Plates...will they be a problem with this? Joel5.0 1979-1995 Mustang GT 4 10-22-2005 05:36 PM
Steeda Springs - Do I need caster camber plates? audioqueso Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 8 12-05-2003 06:34 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:22 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.