BBK 73MM Throttle Body - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointYoBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nashville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 730
You bet. Wish I could have gotten mine for 280

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2014 GT. Oxford White.
20" Velgen VMB5s on NT555s.
MBRP Race Series Catback Exhaust
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
As am I.... All about the deals lol.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Aren't we all? lol
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
College and no job + girlfriend = low mod budget lol

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
College and no job + girlfriend = low mod budget lol

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Oh GEEEZUZ!!!No job AND a GF?! Well then your lucky to be spending what you have been on mods with all that LOL....
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:16 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointYoBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nashville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 730
Forreal haha. I have a job and still have to save for a while.
A crappy college student job until I get my degree. Then I can ball out haha!

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2014 GT. Oxford White.
20" Velgen VMB5s on NT555s.
MBRP Race Series Catback Exhaust
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
I already have a degree and have been working full time the past 6 years and i STILL can barely afford to do even half of what you guys have done!!
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointYoBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nashville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 730
Well I have a crappy job but no bills...
Only one more year for an associates then another 2 for bachelors and I'm done

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2014 GT. Oxford White.
20" Velgen VMB5s on NT555s.
MBRP Race Series Catback Exhaust
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:02 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Grabberblue, did you get your throttle body yet?

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Ordering it tonight as soon as I get home. I bought something from home depot and they got hacked .... So had no debit card lol

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Ordering it tonight as soon as I get home. I bought something from home depot and they got hacked .... So had no debit card lol

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I got ya bro. Please keep us informed of your gains by power and 1/4 mike tines with this 73 mm throttle body once installed. Over the years of reading numerous mustang forums, many customers felt the gains if any were not worth having that larger throttle body. $400 dollars is pure goofy. $280 for new is reasonable but me personally I wouldn't buy one unless I was going F.I. If your goal in the future is to go F.I. then its a smart buy especially for $280 brand new.

If your staying N/A with bolt on's you just gonna have a $280 paper weight my friend.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
I think in combo with the shorty headers it will do some good. Porting the intake mani's will really bring out the gains from all that .
Worth a try!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointYoBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nashville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 730
What's it cost to port the intake manifold. And can't you do both upper and lower? Or something like that

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2014 GT. Oxford White.
20" Velgen VMB5s on NT555s.
MBRP Race Series Catback Exhaust
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
smurf stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,341
Porting usually runs ya about 350 and yes he ports the upper and lower manifold.
__________________
2016 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I think in combo with the shorty headers it will do some good. Porting the intake mani's will really bring out the gains from all that .
Worth a try!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Did you port?

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:24 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
The app hasn't been letting me post for hours !!!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Finally. Kona - you are worrying me now that the throttle body won't be worth it!!!
I emailed lone wolf about getting mine ported waiting on a response from them!!
I decided not to go FI with this car or do the front end conversion....
I will be purchasing a 2016 GT or the GT350 when it comes out .....
Gonna be hard to fight the mod bug and I deff wanna do a few more things such as ported intake manis but I will hold off on the other stuff for a new car!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:50 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointYoBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nashville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 730
2016. Im guessing thats when you graduate lol?
__________________
2014 GT. Oxford White.
20" Velgen VMB5s on NT555s.
MBRP Race Series Catback Exhaust
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
That's when I'm hopefully done with police academy and working

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Damn kona now you got me really debating pulling the trigger on this throttle body !!!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:51 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
BBK 73MM Throttle Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Damn kona now you got me really debating pulling the trigger on this throttle body !!!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

At $280 it's worth it! It definitely helps with throttle response and if you were trying to go any bigger I would say hold off but there are performance gains to be had from the BBK TB. 2011 Kona Blue I know you mean well but unless you have one your opinion is purely basis off others not first hand. Like I told you in the msg Grabber having CAI, TB and ported manis will help your stang flow and breath better. It's not just how much you will get from the TB by itself but the fact that it will help the other parts of the air intake also.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
At $280 it's worth it! It definitely helps with throttle response and if you were trying to go any bigger I would say hold off but there are performance gains to be had from the BBK TB. 2011 Kona Blue I know you mean well but unless you have one your opinion is purely basis off others not first hand. Like I told you in the msg Grabber having CAI, TB and ported manis will help your stang flow and breath better. It's not just how much you will get from the TB by itself but the fact that it will help the other parts of the air intake also.
Absolutely, I don't have a 73 mm throttle body so my comments to grabberblue was just trying to help and make him aware prior to spending the $280. I don't have a 73 mm throttle body because after being on various mustang forums for 4 years, the reviews for them are nothing great or even good. I'm all about modding my 3.7 and love bolt on mods but can't convince myself to buy one because of the okay reviews at best. If grabberblue does get it and absolutely loves it, blown away by the throttle response, then I may have to get one then because grabber is the man.

I was just passing on what many others who have done write ups on thread discussions of this 73 mm throttle body who had used it in their 3.7. If grabberblue wants to buy it, by all means go for it. I respect grabberblue very much and was just trying to help before he dropped $280 on a mod that is highly questionable if its worth having on a N/A car. Heck, it not like the 3.7's factory throttle body is small to begin with.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Absolutely, I don't have a 73 mm throttle body so my comments to grabberblue was just trying to help and make him aware prior to spending the $280. I don't have a 73 mm throttle body because after being on various mustang forums for 4 years, the reviews for them are nothing great or even good. I'm all about modding my 3.7 and love bolt on mods but can't convince myself to buy one because of the okay reviews at best. If grabberblue does get it and absolutely loves it, blown away by the throttle response, then I may have to get one then because grabber is the man.

I was just passing on what many others who have done write ups on thread discussions of this 73 mm throttle body who had used it in their 3.7. If grabberblue wants to buy it, by all means go for it. I respect grabberblue very much and was just trying to help before he dropped $280 on a mod that is highly questionable if its worth having on a N/A car. Heck, it not like the 3.7's factory throttle body is small to begin with.

I feel where your coming from and at full price I agree with but at $280 it's worth it seeing as he will have the other pieces (CAI & ported manifolds) of the puzzle.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #58
ToP
Registered Member
Regular
 
ToP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: St. Louis
Region: Missouri
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
That's when I'm hopefully done with police academy and working

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

What sort of police work are you going into? State, federal, county? Always nice to see a fellow CJ major mustang enthusiast.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 v6

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
I feel where your coming from and at full price I agree with but at $280 it's worth it seeing as he will have the other pieces (CAI & ported manifolds) of the puzzle.
$280 is a great price for being brand new.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:54 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Oh deff I just know you're on the money with your build kona!
Did some more research into it and I'm gonna give it a try! I can always 're sell it for most if not all that $ back I bet

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Nassau county police dept on long island ny hopefully! I'm in the last stages of my investigation

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
BBK 73MM Throttle Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Oh deff I just know you're on the money with your build kona!
Did some more research into it and I'm gonna give it a try! I can always 're sell it for most if not all that $ back I bet

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Grabberblue, I apologize if I came off like a d bag about it. That was not my intent. I'm all about a sweet n/a build because I really want performance cams in my 3.7 someday. Lol. Please give us a review on it as I know you will and if you really think its worth it, I may just buy one. I'm not gonna pay $400 for one but a pre owned one for under $200.

Also good luck with the police academy, I have been on the job myself for 17 years now and counting. I'm a county police officer and my retirement can't come fast enough from police work. Ha ha ha. Still got a few years to go, lol.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:35 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
You didn't come off like a d bag at all!!! No worries.
Yeah I like the N/A build too.... Allows me to have some fun and build a killer sleeper while saving money for a really nice car in 2 years. I def will give a review on it I'm expecting a pretty noticeable increase between that and the shorty headers going on.... Hopefully it works out!

Thank you! It is ridiculously hard to get a job here.... In part because you make over 100k before overtime after 8 years. If everything works out I will be making 100k + a year before I'm 30 which would be amazing and I could retire with a full pension by 42. Hoping and praying I get it

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Finally. Kona - you are worrying me now that the throttle body won't be worth it!!!
I emailed lone wolf about getting mine ported waiting on a response from them!!
I decided not to go FI with this car or do the front end conversion....
I will be purchasing a 2016 GT or the GT350 when it comes out .....
Gonna be hard to fight the mod bug and I deff wanna do a few more things such as ported intake manis but I will hold off on the other stuff for a new car!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I'm still waiting for an email back as well and i sent mine over a week ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Absolutely, I don't have a 73 mm throttle body so my comments to grabberblue was just trying to help and make him aware prior to spending the $280. I don't have a 73 mm throttle body because after being on various mustang forums for 4 years, the reviews for them are nothing great or even good. I'm all about modding my 3.7 and love bolt on mods but can't convince myself to buy one because of the okay reviews at best. If grabberblue does get it and absolutely loves it, blown away by the throttle response, then I may have to get one then because grabber is the man.

I was just passing on what many others who have done write ups on thread discussions of this 73 mm throttle body who had used it in their 3.7. If grabberblue wants to buy it, by all means go for it. I respect grabberblue very much and was just trying to help before he dropped $280 on a mod that is highly questionable if its worth having on a N/A car. Heck, it not like the 3.7's factory throttle body is small to begin with.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
I'm the same way. I take what I've seen, read and experienced and try to make worth while decisions as best I can and if I can help someone out by passing on that information especially someone I respect then i will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Oh deff I just know you're on the money with your build kona!
Did some more research into it and I'm gonna give it a try! I can always 're sell it for most if not all that $ back I bet

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I swear you and i share a like mind. I'm on 2 levels.
1. I keep my V6 and mod it till I'm done with it looks and performance wise and when I get the money swap a 5.0 in there.
2. Stop modding my car, enjoy it how it is and in 2 years get a 2016. I want to give Ford a chance to work out any kinks with the new model. Plus i'd hate to end up like those who bought 2010s. New body style older engines. if they decide to drop in any more power to the 5.0 then great if not then hopefully its ready to go.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Just ordered it ! Over night shipping for $7... Can't be beat! Man I love auto anything their customer service is just awesome. Will be throwing this baby on on Saturday morning hopefully the headers and LCAs on all at the same time!!!!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

They have a sale going on for 20% off anything over $200 right now, so if you're looking to get some headers or an intake or throttle body.... Now's the time!!!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:25 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Just ordered it ! Over night shipping for $7... Can't be beat! Man I love auto anything their customer service is just awesome. Will be throwing this baby on on Saturday morning hopefully the headers and LCAs on all at the same time!!!!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

They have a sale going on for 20% off anything over $200 right now, so if you're looking to get some headers or an intake or throttle body.... Now's the time!!!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Nice!!
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I'm still waiting for an email back as well and i sent mine over a week ago.



I'm the same way. I take what I've seen, read and experienced and try to make worth while decisions as best I can and if I can help someone out by passing on that information especially someone I respect then i will.



I swear you and i share a like mind. I'm on 2 levels.
1. I keep my V6 and mod it till I'm done with it looks and performance wise and when I get the money swap a 5.0 in there.
2. Stop modding my car, enjoy it how it is and in 2 years get a 2016. I want to give Ford a chance to work out any kinks with the new model. Plus i'd hate to end up like those who bought 2010s. New body style older engines. if they decide to drop in any more power to the 5.0 then great if not then hopefully its ready to go.
Certainly agree that the internet is full of bogus lies and not saying you believe everything. One of the best things about being on forums is too talk with enthusists who many have been there and done that. I'm not sure if the 73mm throttle body works better with shorty headers compared to long tube headers or doesn't make a bit of difference. Perhaps, the 73 mm throttle body provides a more responsive throttle response with shorty headers over long tube headers.

I just recall many threads over the past years talking about the 3.7 larger throttle body and overall didn't have warm and fuzzy loving reviews but perhaps that's from people with long tube headers like I have.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
There's only one way to find out!!! Hopefully ill have everything installed this weekend and I can do some data logging with MPT this next week to get everything running perfect . At least I'll have an amazing sounding car! Lol.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
@Kona
back when i got my car the BBK TB was still not out and once it was released i wanted to jump on it but same as you after reviews and looking into variouse forum threads I decided maybe it wasn't for me. I want a bit more value and for something that does very little (according to these reviews i've mentioned) $400 for something ive seen work on other vehicles but not this one makes me wonder. Even if its to help support other mods, it should do more for you as a stand alone than some little 4-8 hp number...again. Not at the price ive been seeing it for. But then again i feel paying $199 for some alum piping and a cone filter is a rip off even though intakes have seen gain on dynos. Anyway im totally off topic here now.

GB93!! As i said before and Konas said let us know how it all works out! P.S. your car is going too sound amazing with or WITHOUT the TB...lol
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
@Kona
back when i got my car the BBK TB was still not out and once it was released i wanted to jump on it but same as you after reviews and looking into variouse forum threads I decided maybe it wasn't for me. I want a bit more value and for something that does very little (according to these reviews i've mentioned) $400 for something ive seen work on other vehicles but not this one makes me wonder. Even if its to help support other mods, it should do more for you as a stand alone than some little 4-8 hp number...again. Not at the price ive been seeing it for. But then again i feel paying $199 for some alum piping and a cone filter is a rip off even though intakes have seen gain on dynos. Anyway im totally off topic here now.

GB93!! As i said before and Konas said let us know how it all works out!
Fin kind of alluded to the main argument against these. It's not necessarily that they're useless, they just don't provide enough oomph to justify the full $400 pricetag. At 280 I think you'll get your money's worth.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BBK 73mm Throttle Body StewartL1189 General Mustang Discussion 14 09-10-2015 08:28 AM
Poweraid spacer and BBK 73mm throttle body grom80 AmericanMuscle 9 08-15-2014 07:31 AM
Compatibility between BBK 73mm increased throttle body & AIRAID POWERAID Spacer grom80 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 17 08-14-2014 12:22 PM
73mm Throttle Body JoeyM91 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 4 06-14-2014 08:58 PM
JLT CAI with Steeda spacer, or BBK CAI and BBK throttle body? Aventador97 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 11 02-26-2014 04:12 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:39 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.