BBK 73MM Throttle Body - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2014, 08:54 PM   #211
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I really feel my car kick in at 3000 rpm. You're saying that either the headers or TB clears that up? I run the Bama 93R tune.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #212
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
That's still the headers. They give power down low and in the mid range so the overall grunt and responsiveness is the headers. Anything over 5k isn't going to feel much different though.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:00 PM   #213
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
I really feel my car kick in at 3000 rpm. You're saying that either the headers or TB clears that up? I run the Bama 93R tune.

Do you have headers? If not that's just the valve timing lol, the tune these company's have really wake the car up. You definitely get that punch at 3k...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #214
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Do you have headers? If not that's just the valve timing lol, the tune these company's have really wake the car up. You definitely get that punch at 3k...
Stock manifolds here. I hate how the power comes in. I'd rather it be more smooth.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #215
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Headers and the throttle body really smoothed it out. Its from the headers down low but once you hit 3500 it keeps going there's no drop off and I believe that's the throttle body helping out

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-13-2014, 10:12 PM   #216
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Headers and the throttle body really smoothed it out. Its from the headers down low but once you hit 3500 it keeps going there's no drop off and I believe that's the throttle body helping out

Did you ever get a revised tune for your throttle body?

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:27 PM   #217
Registered Member
Regular

Nope Bama has still not sent me the e-mail they said they would.

I will be data logging with MPT to get everything accounted for and have it running so I get as much out of it as possible

Old 10-13-2014, 10:28 PM   #218
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

I will be data logging with MPT to get everything accounted for and have it running so I get as much out of it as possible

Really? That sucks lol
I just bought one and was hoping bama could help me out

Katy Texas
Eric e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:27 PM   #219
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Can't have after market cats unless yours break and the manufacturer no longer makes them. It's some bS.

So the headers are finally on. Had a big exhaust leak and had to tighten up the bolts to the cat on the right side. Got that done and she sounds good.

Car sounds absolutely Amazing. It quited out my Borla ATAKs and they are so deep now. The idle sounds sort of like a ghost cam tune MPT makes.

Throttle response down low is increased.
I know there is a break in period of about 50 miles before the performance gains start to be felt.
Throttle body has really increased mid range throttle response. There is no more "kick in" or lag before the power comes, it is constant and steady throughout . Really really love it.
Will post a video and review on both products tomorrow after I break them in !
Couldn't be happier with both products, the sound is literally orgasmic.

Another reason why not to live in the State of New York. Ha. Ha. Ha. That's crazy that a high flowing catted mid pipe won't pass emission inspections. How the heck do they even know. Technically you have cats on it and the tune would be for the catted mid pipe. That $ucks bro.

From what I have read about those high flowing catted mid pipes , they are very good and make a little power gains to the off road x pipe but still better than the factory cats.

Glad you like your throttle body. Just think how much better it will be when the car is tuned for that 73 mm throttle body. I do find it strange that Bama wouldn't tune for that. Again, I believe the factory throttle is 68 mm so the comouter is tuned for that.

Now you added a larger throttle body but the computer still thinks you have a 68 mm on. That really doesn't make any sense. That's like getting a larger intake manifold and not tuning it for the larger intake. That's odd!

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:49 PM   #220
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know. Haven't gotten answer from Bama. Hopefully one of the AM guys can clear this up for us. An explanation would be nice lol

Old 10-14-2014, 04:59 AM   #221
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

If you plan on doing ported manifolds I would wait until you get those installed as you will have to datalog again.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #222
Registered Member
Regular

Lone Wolf has still not e-mailed me back and I am having a really rough time finding any used take off intake mani's... might just wait until Spring
Old 10-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #223
Registered Member
Regular

Ugh it's killing me! same here, no response from this lone wolf.

i swear your description sounds exactly what I felt with just the headers. PLEASSE PLEASE PLEASE remove the Tb and drive it around a couple days, see how it feels and performs then re-install the TB and see if its any different...you'll never be able to tell what is doing what until you do it one at a time...also the tune...but that's not for a little while. i'm still waiting for my data log tune to come through.

I am just very very skeptical that this TB is doing as much as you say. not that i don't believe you but i've done TB mods before on other cars, some work some don't and some make the car just plain suck but with all i've read and heard about for this particular BBK 73mm TB i need some hard evidence.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #224
Registered Member
Regular

If you do, datalog both and i'll try to make a comparison. 3rd gear from like 2000 to redline will do.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #225
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Ugh it's killing me! same here, no response from this lone wolf.

i swear your description sounds exactly what I felt with just the headers. PLEASSE PLEASE PLEASE remove the Tb and drive it around a couple days, see how it feels and performs then re-install the TB and see if its any different...you'll never be able to tell what is doing what until you do it one at a time...also the tune...but that's not for a little while. i'm still waiting for my data log tune to come through.

I am just very very skeptical that this TB is doing as much as you say. not that i don't believe you but i've done TB mods before on other cars, some work some don't and some make the car just plain suck but with all i've read and heard about for this particular BBK 73mm TB i need some hard evidence.

If he doesn't, I'll let you know how much of a difference it does when my tb comes in later this week.

Katy Texas
Old 10-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #226
Registered Member
Regular

I will do that as soon as I get a free day to do that lol.
Quick question (sounds dumb).
I disconnected the battery (obviously) while doing my headers, will that reset my tune/put it to stock tune? I can not feel the MPT engine braking at all. I'm going to re-tune it in a few minutes.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #227
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I disconnected the battery (obviously) while doing my headers, will that reset my tune/put it to stock tune? I can not feel the MPT engine braking at all. I'm going to re-tune it in a few minutes.
No, it won't reset your tune. It may restart the "break in" period of the tune though. If in doubt, just reflash the tune.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #228
Registered Member
Regular

No, that doesnt reset the tune. It will reset all of the "learned" values for things that use them though, Fuel trims, throttle trims, spark advance / ****** ...
Old 10-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #229
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Lone Wolf has still not e-mailed me back and I am having a really rough time finding any used take off intake mani's... might just wait until Spring
Just an FYI Lone Wolf is just one guy and last I heard he was without a computer at the moment. Be patient he will get back to you.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #230
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
If you do, datalog both and i'll try to make a comparison. 3rd gear from like 2000 to redline will do.
You can read datalogs?!

Quote:
I thought you were running the BAMA 93 race?
Old 10-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #231
Registered Member
Regular

I know its pretty overwhelming at first haha, butIts pretty straight forward, been doing it for a few years now. Granted, its easier to know what to look for when you're the one who wrote the tune lol, but yeah. If he gets me the logs, or hell if anyone does when comparing two mods / tunes, i can try to make a how to thread.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #232
Registered Member
Regular

I've been running MPTs 93 tune since early August.
Not very happy with Bama getting back to me (still no e-mail) and 5-7 business days between each step is just too long for me .....

Old 10-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #233
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
I know its pretty overwhelming at first haha, butIts pretty straight forward, been doing it for a few years now. Granted, its easier to know what to look for when you're the one who wrote the tune lol, but yeah. If he gets me the logs, or hell if anyone does when comparing two mods / tunes, i can try to make a how to thread.
That would be awesome cause i just sent a datalog to BAMA for a new tune, thought id see how well the log tune feels, but if your able to get a look at it id appreciate it
Old 10-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #234
Registered Member
Regular

For sure. I have an exam tomorrow that has been kicking my ***, but maybe Friday or so i can type something up and/or take a look at it. I've got a few of my datalogs saved on my computer i can use for the how to though. I'm actually really looking forward to it, i really enjoy putting stuff like that together.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:55 PM   #235
Registered Member
Regular

Nice, i just sent you a message on your page. No worries about the time ive been waiting a week for BAMA to get back to me about what i sent them.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #236
Registered Member
Regular

Guys, as I've said and some of you know already the BBK mostly only adds throttle response unless you have the other pieces of the puzzle. CAI & Ported or aftermarket Manifolds. You see or hear about the bad reviews because people are either putting it on and everything else on the entire intake is stock or they put it on with just a CAI. That's not gonna cut it for the money. Gotta open up the entire intake to see gains. Get air in, get air out. This is not a knock against anyone. Also I have all the pieces of the intake and I can do a comparison if your up to it Voltwings. I still have my stock TB.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #237
Registered Member
Regular

If you send me logs and let me know what mods are in each one, i can get them sorted for us.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #238
Registered Member
Regular

I just wish the manifolds for the 3.7 were as plentiful as the coyote. I can go on ebay right now and get a coyote manifold with the TB for $150 . Although it makes sense, most coyote guys go for the Boss 302 or the Cobra jet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #239
Registered Member
Regular

Video oncoming!!!

Old 10-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #240
Registered Member
Regular

This freaking mobile app has a mind of its own. The links work let me try and clean it up. on my YouTube channel is a video of just the ATAKs... Watch that one first and you will really notice the difference.
The car freaking thunders now. It does NOT sound like a v6.
This is as good as it gets for a v6 mustang. I am so happy lol.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #241
Registered Member
Regular

Old 10-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #242
Registered Member
Regular

Not bad at all but then again Shorties tend to just fine tune the sound from what ive noticed...glad your happy with how it all sounds now lol
Old 10-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #243
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds really good!

Katy Texas
Old 10-14-2014, 03:38 PM   #244
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Glad you finally got 'em on! (told ya those shorties were a real pain!)

Not sure the issue with the collector bolts, I've had my mid pipe in and out more than I've changed out mufflers (which I've also done 3 or 4 times).

Enjoy the sound and don't change a thing! Shorties + Borla = WOW. I was gonna throw on some nitrous for the track so I switched out my midpipe, new can of worms...
Old 10-14-2014, 03:38 PM   #245
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you! Every time I turn the car on I get a huge smile on my face

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang