2014 V6 right off the lot - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_kky View Post
Here it is. Might have to take mine in as well. Good thing it's still under warranty.
Attachment 167548

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Yep. You let the car sit in the rain and when you get in and start driving my left foot has constant water dripping on it. There is someone else on this forum with the same issue. Shame a new car that smells like old water

Have you ever taken it to the dealership to see what they say about the windshield problem, why water is getting in?

Seems odd to me water entering through there. My dad's 2003 F-150 had the similar problem some months ago. I believe it ended up being an a/c hose that was leaking or somewhat around there. Need to ask him to be sure.

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Old 10-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
For those who are new to TSB's, they are Technical Service Bulletins. They are basically a "silent recall", meaning if you take your car in for service that matches a symptom of a TSB, they correct it for free, even if the warranty has expired.
I think someone or some here have mentioned that don't have warranty anymore. I did a little looking around here on the forum and found this by bucko; if this still stands, no charge for TSB's I'm not sure.

Bucko started a TSB thread sometime ago. I'll post the link to this thread here in a bit.

Advertisement

Old 10-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
I think someone or some here have mentioned that don't have warranty anymore. I did a little looking around here on the forum and found this by bucko; if this still stands, no charge for TSB's I'm not sure.

Bucko started a TSB thread sometime ago. I'll post the link to this thread here in a bit.

Here's the link

New TSB release

Old 10-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I keep reading online that TSBs are only free under warranty and Recalls are free no matter what.

Edmunds is where I read
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Have you ever taken it to the dealership to see what they say about the windshield problem, why water is getting in?

Seems odd to me water entering through there. My dad's 2003 F-150 had the similar problem some months ago. I believe it ended up being an a/c hose that was leaking or somewhat around there. Need to ask him to be sure.

Im going to try to drop it off friday morning. I ignored it for awhile thinking it was ac realted. It started as a very minor drip every now and then. Recently after hard rains it happens the most.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRedSixxer View Post
I keep reading online that TSBs are only free under warranty and Recalls are free no matter what.

Edmunds is where I read
Yeah, I had read some comments on bucko's thread. Some guy mentioned the dealership he went to did not do TSB's for free. That's why I said I wasn't sure if TSB's were free of charge or not.

I guess it all depends on the dealership. Maybe you'll want to call the dealership(s), before going to see if they'll charge you.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:52 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Im going to try to drop it off friday morning. I ignored it for awhile thinking it was ac realted. It started as a very minor drip every now and then. Recently after hard rains it happens the most.
Really odd. Hope the problem gets solved!

Old 10-08-2014, 12:38 AM   #44

my 13 explorer did that too, I am thinking take it to the dealer...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
SQUALL1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:31 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I had mine in at around 11k miles for the TSB. Service manager said it was the front control arms, had it replaced, and I was on my merry way. So far haven't heard anything. Then again I haven't been going over speed bumps as much as I used to when I was in school.
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:37 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I would like to contribute in this thread since I had the same issue before, it happened when I had 16,000 miles on my car, I live in a community condo place so we have a lot of speed bumps and I hear this creaking, clunking sound in the rear everytime I run through speed bumps so I finally brought it to sunnyside Ford and very professional people, they told there is a tsb for this and replaced my rear sway bar links no more clunking sound anymore, and just last week my screen on my stereo has this stress marks everywhere went to them again last Friday and replaced it no questions ask and both covered by my warranty.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #47
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Water Leak

i doubt it since it's driver side but look at the cabin air filter under the passenger side cowl...if the drain holes get plugged it'll leak. I had an Integra that when new it would whistle at what I'll just say were "higher speeds" I knew the dealer would just look at me If I asked him to recreate it. I was glad when I noticed a water leak after rains. They resealed the windshield and it was fine.

I had my LCA's replaced which stopped my squeek
Old 10-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I would like to contribute in this thread since I had the same issue before, it happened when I had 16,000 miles on my car, I live in a community condo place so we have a lot of speed bumps and I hear this creaking, clunking sound in the rear everytime I run through speed bumps so I finally brought it to sunnyside Ford and very professional people, they told there is a tsb for this and replaced my rear sway bar links no more clunking sound anymore, and just last week my screen on my stereo has this stress marks everywhere went to them again last Friday and replaced it no questions ask and both covered by my warranty.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
I made an appointment for this Friday. I also have noticed the stress cracks in my radio face. Was there a TSB for that as well or did they just replace it?

Old 10-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
I made an appointment for this Friday. I also have noticed the stress cracks in my radio face. Was there a TSB for that as well or did they just replace it?

Yup they do.. Took 45 mins. To replace mine..

Old 10-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

LOL I was just going to mention you Cassidy... I wonder if I'll be able to do any of that. Ihave the squeaking that everyone is talking about as well as i have the issue with SYNCs voice recognition of devices and voice. It also will freeze on me where I can only listen to the radio or CD. I press the AUX button or the VOICE button on my steering wheel and SYNC doesn't come up it just bounces back to AM/FM.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:08 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup they do.. Took 45 mins. To replace mine..

I'm definitely going to mention the radio then. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
LOL I was just going to mention you Cassidy... I wonder if I'll be able to do any of that. Ihave the squeaking that everyone is talking about as well as i have the issue with SYNCs voice recognition of devices and voice. It also will freeze on me where I can only listen to the radio or CD. I press the AUX button or the VOICE button on my steering wheel and SYNC doesn't come up it just bounces back to AM/FM.
Search for "sync not working", RushGotti had the exact same problem as you a few days ago and it is now resolved.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:10 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Here it is. http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru....php?p=2101368

Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Here it is. Sync is not working? - Mustang Evolution

Just check that out. Mine goes back to normal most of the time. sometimes ill have my ipod or Blue tooth connected and shut off the car. 5 mins later i go in and it jumps straight to AM/FM and wont switch back to AUX (Ipod still connected and such) then after a couple mins I press it and it works again. its hit or miss but i do know there is an update for the sync and the dealer should be able to do that for free right?
Old 10-08-2014, 04:35 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just check that out. Mine goes back to normal most of the time. sometimes ill have my ipod or Blue tooth connected and shut off the car. 5 mins later i go in and it jumps straight to AM/FM and wont switch back to AUX (Ipod still connected and such) then after a couple mins I press it and it works again. its hit or miss but i do know there is an update for the sync and the dealer should be able to do that for free right?
Try going to Sunnyside Ford they will you out with this issue. I didn't buy the car from them but been trying to convince me to get the 2015 but nahhh I'm gonna pass on that.. Lol

Old 10-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Try going to Sunnyside Ford they will you out with this issue. I didn't buy the car from them but been trying to convince me to get the 2015 but nahhh I'm gonna pass on that.. Lol

I'm going to talk to Framingham Ford first as they are just 5 mins away from me. If they end up being poop then ill deffinately make the trip to Sunnyside to get their help.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm going to talk to Framingham Ford first as they are just 5 mins away from me. If they end up being poop then ill deffinately make the trip to Sunnyside to get their help.
Sounds like a plan.. :thumbup:

Old 10-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

At the dealer now for warranty work. They looked at my stereo face and said it's normal. Told them others git them replaced and there's nothing normal about it. They said they would submit it to Ford. They also said they compared it to another 2012 and it's the same way. There's no 2012 on this lot that I've seen. Wtf?

Old 10-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
At the dealer now for warranty work. They looked at my stereo face and said it's normal. Told them others git them replaced and there's nothing normal about it. They said they would submit it to Ford. They also said they compared it to another 2012 and it's the same way. There's no 2012 on this lot that I've seen. Wtf?

In other words you have a crappy dealership like 90% of us and you should go to another dealer for service from now on.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Update: they ended up ordering a new radio. They couldn't duplicate the creaking of the front suspension. It rained cats and dogs right before I went it, so the car was wet. They did lube the clutch pedal assembly according to the TSB. When I go back in for the radio, the service guy is gonna ride with me to duplicate the suspension noise. It makes the noise every time I go over a speed bump, except for when it's wet apparently. I know they have to actually hear the noise in order to justify the repair. Overall, I'm satisfied. One good thing is they didn't say anything about my off road exhaust other than it sounds good lol.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

You still have your warranty right?
Old 10-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You still have your warranty right?
Yes.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Update: they ended up ordering a new radio. They couldn't duplicate the creaking of the front suspension. It rained cats and dogs right before I went it, so the car was wet. They did lube the clutch pedal assembly according to the TSB. When I go back in for the radio, the service guy is gonna ride with me to duplicate the suspension noise. It makes the noise every time I go over a speed bump, except for when it's wet apparently. I know they have to actually hear the noise in order to justify the repair. Overall, I'm satisfied. One good thing is they didn't say anything about my off road exhaust other than it sounds good lol.

That's good. Apparently the squeaking/creaking disappears when its wet. I've noticed it myself.

I went to the dealership today and told them about the squeaking and the TSB. They told me I had to bring in the car in order for then to check it out. (Of course I had the car with me) but didn't leave it, cause I need the car and don't got another method of transport til next week. Told the service manager I'm going to take my car in next Tuesday morning; so I should be to go

Old 10-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's good. Apparently the squeaking/creaking disappears when its wet. I've noticed it myself.

I went to the dealership today and told them about the squeaking and the TSB. They told me I had to bring in the car in order for then to check it out. (Of course I had the car with me) but didn't leave it, cause I need the car and don't got another method of transport til next week. Told the service manager I'm going to take my car in next Tuesday morning; so I should be to go

Yeah I couldn't believe it rained this morning. That's my luck.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No its not normal they have TSB created in this issue.. Try going to another dealer. I have no problem with mine.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No its not normal they have TSB created in this issue.. Try going to another dealer. I have no problem with mine.

I posted that they finally did order one for me.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I posted that they finally did order one for me.

Perfect.. You'll be surprised once you get the new faceplate cos it will have the mustang word everytime you start your car and it will have two lines in each side pretty cool I like it.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Perfect.. You'll be surprised once you get the new faceplate cos it will have the mustang word everytime you start your car and it will have two lines in each side pretty cool I like it.

Nice! I get to upgrade for free!

Old 10-11-2014, 12:14 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Really odd. Hope the problem gets solved!

Hmmm I have the same issue and thought it was also condensation from the ac. Let me know if you find anything out. Im going to have to take a closer look.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #70

Someone please help me with this issue. I bought a 2014 V6 brand new on May 24th. Bought two Mustangs because the rebates were great. Within two weeks both Mustang making this noise in the front end. Squealing, grinding, rubbing and rattling. Progressively got worse. Took the one mustang in three times. They finally fixed it but about 10 days later it came back. Fought w the dealership and traded it in for a 2014 5.0 which I got friday. It's making the se
Dang noise!!! So now my 2014 5.0 with 150 miles in it is doing it and our red 2014 V6 as well! Why can't the dealership fix it?? Any advice I can tell the tech when I bring in both these cars?? Inwant it resolved. I've HAD IT!!!

Bruizer74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang