2014 V6 right off the lot - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #1

2014 V6 right off the lot

1 week later I took it in due to a weird noise coming from my front left tire area. Turns out it's a bad lower control arm. Anyone encounter something like this? kind of killed me mood...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
blackmamba8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What kind of "weird" noise?
I had mine taken in and replaced after 4-5 months of owning mine. Due to some squeaking type of noise
Old 10-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

A arm and suspension*
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
This is just something that happens in mass production these days. There's always like a 90% intended yield rate and you just got one of the 10% or whatever (making up the #'s) that yielded an unintended product - in this case, a brand new car with a broken control arm.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Mine does the same. It's more of a creaking noise. Believe it's from the bushings on the control arms.
And correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can fix the problem by replacing the strut mounts to gt500.
Idk I read something somewhere about it

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
This is just something that happens in mass production these days. There's always like a 90% intended yield rate and you just got one of the 10% or whatever (making up the #'s) that yielded an unintended product - in this case, a brand new car with a broken control arm.

exactly brand new control arm is nice. But yes it was a squeaking noise, only heard it over speed bumps or any dips though.

blackmamba8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba8 View Post
exactly brand new control arm is nice. But yes it was a squeaking noise, only heard it over speed bumps or any dips though.

Looks like i am going to be taking in my car, then. I get a squeak over larger bumps (i.e. speed bumps or curbs) and and didn't think much about it since it is such a new car.

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, mine did squeaking noises when going over speed bumps or dips. I'm free of them now

Edit*
At first they had told me it was normal. I was like, how can it be normal if its new? Don't know, took it in and haven't heard the squeaking again.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
Yeah, mine did squeaking noises when going over speed bumps or dips. I'm free of them now
Mine does that, but separate from that issue, I also get a sort of vibrating of metal (buzzing/rattle) from the rear of my car when i start in 1st gear and accelerate near a wall (reverberations of the sound make it easier to hear, i guess?) I think it might be something with the exhaust when i removed my Borla's and reinstalled the stock mufflers.

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Same I had both control arms replaced in the front and had to have bushings on front and rear sway bars done as well. Yay for Ford .

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
geepoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone know what you replace to fix this? I know it's not the control arm. Seen hundreds of people say they did and the sound came back

Bama 93 Performance Tune
Old 10-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

There is a TSB about this. Mine was in last week for the passenger side. The productions LCA is "sensitive" to heat. They will replace it with a shielded LCA that is designed to handle it better. Mine has to go back because even though they fixed the majority of the squeak it is still very faint on the diver side now.

The dealer said people were coming back 5-6 times for the same thing before the re-engineered shields.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Same problem here. Had them replace the LCA. Seemed ok for a few days then the noise came back. Still makes that noise today but haven't taken it back in again yet.

rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysh View Post
There is a TSB about this. Mine was in last week for the passenger side. The productions LCA is "sensitive" to heat. They will replace it with a shielded LCA that is designed to handle it better. Mine has to go back because even though they fixed the majority of the squeak it is still very faint on the diver side now.

The dealer said people were coming back 5-6 times for the same thing before the re-engineered shields.
Yeah I've seen the shielded ones. Didn't know if they were available or not.
Are you saying that they didn't solve the problem or they do?

Bama 93 Performance Tune
Old 10-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Forgot to mention I had taken mine in twice for the same issue. First time they replaced the control arm but still had the noise, when I took the second time they replaced the control arm (again) a arm and suspension. I had stopped hearing it.

I noticed some of you commented that got the noise back so I got curious and went to a speed bump on my way to school. And what do you know, I heard some squeaking..ugh! I guess I never heard it cause I haven't been on speed bumps much since the second time; and the rare times I was on speed bumps I had the volume pretty high ha.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRedSixxer View Post
Yeah I've seen the shielded ones. Didn't know if they were available or not.
Are you saying that they didn't solve the problem or they do?

I believe he's saying it did solve the problem, he had it done for the passengers side only. After that, he heard a faint squeaking sound on the drivers side.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Forgot to mention I had taken mine in twice for the same issue. First time they replaced the control arm but still had the noise, when I took the second time they replaced the control arm (again) a arm and suspension. I had stopped hearing it.

I noticed some of you commented that got the noise back so I got curious and went to a speed bump on my way to school. And what do you know, I heard some squeaking..ugh! I guess I never heard it cause I haven't been on speed bumps much since the second time; and the rare times I was on speed bumps I had the volume pretty high ha.
Did they replace it with the shielded one or just another one like the original?
Bama 93 Performance Tune
Old 10-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did they replace it with the shielded one or just another one like the original?
Another one like the original. By what wysh said maybe the shielded one will do the trick. I guess I'll go stop by the dealership Friday and tell the service manager about the shielded one and the noise being back.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Another one like the original. By what wysh said maybe the shielded one will do the trick. I guess I'll go stop by the dealership Friday and tell the service manager about the shielded one and the noise being back.
Only reason im so concerned is because I have to pay out of pocket for it, not under warranty anymore.

Not trying to spend like $500 bucks to get it fixed then have the problem still, and i know dealerships are a pain and wont want to work with me.
Bama 93 Performance Tune
Old 10-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Only reason im so concerned is because I have to pay out of pocket for it, not under warranty anymore.

Not trying to spend like $500 bucks to get it fixed then have the problem still, and i know dealerships are a pain and wont want to work with me.
If your out of warranty go get yourself some upgraded suspension parts...either way its going to be better than what you currently have and it will be new.

I noticed a few weeks ago mine started squeaking as well. Bumps and such mainly, but I'm at 46k miles now so its not going to help me any to go to the dealer...
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
If your out of warranty go get yourself some upgraded suspension parts...either way its going to be better than what you currently have and it will be new.

I noticed a few weeks ago mine started squeaking as well. Bumps and such mainly, but I'm at 46k miles now so its not going to help me any to go to the dealer...
+1
The second time I went to the dealership I said to myself. If the squeaking continued after that I would just save up for an upgraded suspension. Now that its back and since I'm still under warranty and just found out about that so called shield I guess dropping by the dealership won't hurt.

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Old 10-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I need to take mine it for this. Left front suspension creaks over speed bumps at low speed. Sounds awesome. Also, I'm getting a high pitched chirp on rough roads at low speed coming from the rear right. Any ideas what that might be?
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Also, I'm getting a high pitched chirp on rough roads at low speed coming from the rear right. Any ideas what that might be?
Sounds like you have a nest of happy birds in that rear...

Can't think of what it can be though

Old 10-07-2014, 04:26 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I need to take mine it for this. Left front suspension creaks over speed bumps at low speed. Sounds awesome. Also, I'm getting a high pitched chirp on rough roads at low speed coming from the rear right. Any ideas what that might be?
LCA's, panhard bar, maybe even just the springs
Old 10-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Quote:
I believe he's saying it did solve the problem, he had it done for the passengers side only. After that, he heard a faint squeaking sound on the drivers side.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

They supposedly did both. But I'm getting a chirp when pulling into parking lots and such. Haven't done any speed bumps yet. It's just on the DS though. The PS seems quiet.

But the creaking went away. Overall it's like a 99% improvement.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Yeh but if I get aftermarket and they don't have a shield, won't it do the same thing

Bama 93 Performance Tune
Old 10-07-2014, 05:26 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysh View Post
They supposedly did both. But I'm getting a chirp when pulling into parking lots and such. Haven't done any speed bumps yet. It's just on the DS though. The PS seems quiet.

But the creaking went away. Overall it's like a 99% improvement.
Ah, well that's a good improvement. I'll stop by the dealership Friday and tell the service manager about the TSB, hopefully the squeaking will be gone this time

Old 10-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Same thing on mine, creaks going over speed bumps. I changed the springs and panhard bar still the same. The clutch pedal squeaking is loud enough to muffle it some. Now for bigger issues, my front windshield started leaking bad when it rains. This is the first mustang I've ever had these issues from. Very impressed with the engine but the rest of the car, im not to sure anymore. 17k on it 2014
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Yikes, never heard of anyone with the leaking windshield

Bama 93 Performance Tune
Old 10-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

ya, thats a little odd. leaking windshields and squeaking suspension... I'm getting issues with my clutch pedal making noise but only when it's quiet and the engine isn't on. Like right after that the other sound hides it while driving.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba8 View Post
1 week later I took it in due to a weird noise coming from my front left tire area. Turns out it's a bad lower control arm. Anyone encounter something like this? kind of killed me mood...

its the same control arms since 2011. they issued a recall on them but continued to put them in the newer mustangs. my car had 19mi. on it when the control arm bushings broke. look it up in late model restro website the recall is on there.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fordcrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Can someone post the TSB number? My '12 squeaks going over speed bumps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Here it is. Might have to take mine in as well. Good thing it's still under warranty.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1412732034.689621.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	167548

bob_kky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:40 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yikes, never heard of anyone with the leaking windshield

Yep. You let the car sit in the rain and when you get in and start driving my left foot has constant water dripping on it. There is someone else on this forum with the same issue. Shame a new car that smells like old water

Old 10-07-2014, 08:44 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
ya, thats a little odd. leaking windshields and squeaking suspension... I'm getting issues with my clutch pedal making noise but only when it's quiet and the engine isn't on. Like right after that the other sound hides it while driving.
It's embarrassing when someone is riding with me. The clutch pedal is very annoying. I now have 17k miles on my car and has squeaked, vibrated, since day one. This is why I stopped modding the car not sure if I'm going to keep it much longer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang