Been busy - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
rob.james.arias
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Been busy

Well I purchased my 2014 3.7 manual transmission with package 102 A three months ago. 300 miles in I was hit by a drunk driver really doing a number on my new ride... 6 Weeks later and multiple HORRIBLE paint jobs and missed repairs by the dealership I finally got it back. It is definitely not 100% but I was over going to the dealership and looking at them proudly parade my car only to see defects from 5 feet away and having to wait another week at a a time.

Once it was as good as they could get it I took it home. I had sworn I would not mod this car but since its never going to be 100% I figured I may as well have a go. The last few days off I have been busy.

First was the headlight, side markers and third break light tint. 20% window tint all around. Then a 302 look alike grill conversion.


Then a spoiler. Its not really a boss or shelby, somewhere in between. I liked it as it was OEM looking but unique.

free image uploading


Had one of these show up in the mail today Settled on a 91 race tune.

screen shot on pc

Found a GT strut bar on craigslist for dirt cheep. Painted it and installed today.
upload image

Next will be the drive shaft, gears and lowering springs in that order.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,259
Very nice, congrats and welcome!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
KieraniGadget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 36
Looks awesome. How does the boss grill fit in? Looked on AM and says they only fit the GT etc and not the v6. Are additional parts required? Looks great though


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
KieraniGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #4
rob.james.arias
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by KieraniGadget View Post
Looks awesome. How does the boss grill fit in? Looked on AM and says they only fit the GT etc and not the v6. Are additional parts required? Looks great though


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Thanks!

It's a GT grill and surround with the BOSS fog delete plates. It's a direct fit. Tug the old one out snap the new one in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
KieraniGadget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
Thanks!



It's a GT grill and surround with the BOSS fog delete plates. It's a direct fit. Tug the old one out snap the new one in.

Thanks! Where did you get the grille surround from?


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
KieraniGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #6
rob.james.arias
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Grill and surround came off a GT. Ebay is a great place to start.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New Smyrna Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
Thanks!

It's a GT grill and surround with the BOSS fog delete plates. It's a direct fit. Tug the old one out snap the new one in.
Looks nice. Sorry to hear about getting hit ... hope everyone is ok.
Might have to steal your idea for the spoiler Perfect size for what i was looking for.
BTW Where in FL are you?

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #8
rob.james.arias
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by fission View Post
Looks nice. Sorry to hear about getting hit ... hope everyone is ok.
Might have to steal your idea for the spoiler Perfect size for what i was looking for.
BTW Where in FL are you?

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Thanks, everyone was fine except for the guy that hit me... He was going almost 100 in a 45. No major injuries he was just beat up.

I am just south of Tampa in the Apollo Beach area. Are you in Florida?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:12 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
Thanks, everyone was fine except for the guy that hit me... He was going almost 100 in a 45. No major injuries he was just beat up.

I am just south of Tampa in the Apollo Beach area. Are you in Florida?


I can't believe your car wasn't totaled if someone hit you going anywhere close to 100 mph! Hitting a car anywhere going 100mph seems like it would do a ton of damage. Certainly glad everyone was fine.......


Car looks awesome by the way!
ridge_runner91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #10
rob.james.arias
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_runner91 View Post
I can't believe your car wasn't totaled if someone hit you going anywhere close to 100 mph! Hitting a car anywhere going 100mph seems like it would do a ton of damage. Certainly glad everyone was fine.......


Car looks awesome by the way!
He side swiped me. It was ugly, I think the car should have been totaled however since he was uninsured and the car was so new I don't think my insurance wanted to be on the hook. The hood, bumper, quarter panel, door, mirror, front sway bar, tie rods, caliper, wheel, fender liner, rear quarter panel, cv axle were all trashed.

The car looks great from 5 feet away. Up close there are still a few fish eyes in the paint and some clear coat overspray. I have given up on the dealership though as it was repainted 5 times.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
He side swiped me. It was ugly, I think the car should have been totaled however since he was uninsured and the car was so new I don't think my insurance wanted to be on the hook. The hood, bumper, quarter panel, door, mirror, front sway bar, tie rods, caliper, wheel, fender liner, rear quarter panel, cv axle were all trashed.

The car looks great from 5 feet away. Up close there are still a few fish eyes in the paint and some clear coat overspray. I have given up on the dealership though as it was repainted 5 times.
We are always picky about our own cars. I doubt most people except for us would even notice.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #12
rob.james.arias
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
We are always picky about our own cars. I doubt most people except for us would even notice.
^^^^agreed
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 64
How are you liking the tune? Do you have an auto or manual?
I have been kicking around tuning mine because the lazy auto tranny. I hate to void the warranty but I may just roll the dice.


I also agree being picky with our own cars. I'm freakish about mine. I won't even let people drink in it. lol
ridge_runner91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #14
rob.james.arias
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_runner91 View Post
How are you liking the tune? Do you have an auto or manual?
I have been kicking around tuning mine because the lazy auto tranny. I hate to void the warranty but I may just roll the dice.


I also agree being picky with our own cars. I'm freakish about mine. I won't even let people drink in it. lol
I make my wife lint brush off before getting in, and vacuume it every time I get home. I'm kinda crazy.

I have a manual. I believe in auto trans it makes a bigger difference. I am very pleased can squawk the tires into third at 80mph YIKES! Stock 2.73 gears and I can hit 0-60 in 5.1-5.3 now. Big improvement.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
I really like that spoiler as well. where did you get it?
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #16
rob.james.arias
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I really like that spoiler as well. where did you get it?
Thank you. I will put the link below. It comes prepainted for $119. Thought it was an awesome price compared to the others I had shopped. I will say that I did have to wet sand or and polish it to get the finish to be glass like the rest of my car.

Painted Ford Mustang GT500 Factory Spoiler 2010 2014 | eBay
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
Thank you. I will put the link below. It comes prepainted for $119. Thought it was an awesome price compared to the others I had shopped. I will say that I did have to wet sand or and polish it to get the finish to be glass like the rest of my car.

Painted Ford Mustang GT500 Factory Spoiler 2010 2014 | eBay
Very nice, and installation was easy?
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #18
rob.james.arias
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Very nice, and installation was easy?
It comes with a template. Drill 4 holes, line with rubber grommets and viola.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New Smyrna Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
Thanks, everyone was fine except for the guy that hit me... He was going almost 100 in a 45. No major injuries he was just beat up.

I am just south of Tampa in the Apollo Beach area. Are you in Florida?
I live in New Smyrna beach. The another end of i4

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
well ill be busy for the next two hours SpectorV The Bar 9 05-18-2005 07:07 PM
sorry guys, been really busy... redrum The Bar 16 03-25-2005 12:47 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:46 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.