What just happened - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What just happened

Was shifting between second and third called shut off briefly n I saw traction sign light up n then car accelerated again?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
Was shifting between second and third called shut off briefly n I saw traction sign light up n then car accelerated again?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sounds like you spun a wheel and traction control was trying to slow you down.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Lol was that all?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT AN AUTOMATIC
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:02 PM   #5
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Throwing down too many powers
Old 10-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT AN AUTOMATIC
SLUSHBOX SLUSHBOX SLUSHBOX.lol jk jk.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Wait why did it happen? I was shifting how I normally do

Old 10-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #8
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

You probably lost traction. The traction control kicks in and cuts power until you have grip again.

Nothing to be concerned about.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wait why did it happen? I was shifting how I normally do

Were you pushing the car, and do you have the stock gears? I've sometimes forgot to turn advance track off and even lighting up the tires between 1st and second I rarely had the tc light flash and cut me out. Shifting between 2nd and 3rd under normal shifting, even hard shifting shouldn't be enough to cut you out. I'm running 3.73s and a 91r and really couldn't break it loose enough for TC to take over and cut me off. I can churp the tires from 2nd to 3rd but if the pavement is dry its not enough for the car to cut me off. There might be something up. Normal shifting between 2nd and 3rd shouldn't require TC to take over.

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
You probably lost traction. The traction control kicks in and cuts power until you have grip again.

Nothing to be concerned about.

How did I lose traction on 20000 old wheels and on an on ramp?

Old 10-12-2014, 10:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How did I lose traction on 20000 old wheels and on an on ramp?

Because they're 20000 old and you were on a ramp? Kinda answered your own question brotha.

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Were you pushing the car, and do you have the stock gears? I've sometimes forgot to turn advance track off and even lighting up the tires between 1st and second I rarely had the tc light flash and cut me out. Shifting between 2nd and 3rd under normal shifting, even hard shifting shouldn't be enough to cut you out. I'm running 3.73s and a 91r and really couldn't break it loose enough for TC to take over and cut me off. I can churp the tires from 2nd to 3rd but if the pavement is dry its not enough for the car to cut me off. There might be something up. Normal shifting between 2nd and 3rd shouldn't require TC to take over.

I'm running stock gears and 91 bama tune. I've had this car over a year and I've never messed w the tc button. It's never happened. I was pushing it I guess but nothing out of the ordinary. What could be up w it?

Old 10-12-2014, 10:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Because they're 20000 old and you were on a ramp? Kinda answered your own question brotha.

But I was under control. I might've been reving a little on the high side but nothing crazy

Old 10-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
But I was under control. I might've been reving a little on the high side but nothing crazy

A 2nd to third 3rd shift with 2.73s anywhere in the 6k rpm range and up will be next to impossible to break it loose enough to merit tc IMO. I remember with my 2.73s from a 2nd gear to 3rd shift at 6k plus I was travelling at around 115kms, no way I was breaking it loose enough, even power shifting to require TC. I'd keep an eye on it if I were you. Maybe someone will chime in on a possible issue. As habit now as soon as I start my car TC/advance track comes off, unless its raining.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Should I keep it on? I've never turned it off since last year. Is this a dangerous situation?

Old 10-12-2014, 11:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Should I keep it on? I've never turned it off since last year. Is this a dangerous situation?

TC shouldn't be dangerous what so ever, its actually there to protect you. I'm just wondering if it was working correctly when that happened to you. Like I said earlier, even tuned with 2.73s and doing a full pull, Its unlikely that your car would have required TC when shifting from 2nd to 3rd on dry pavement. I would keep an eye on it, maybe you hit some lose gravel?.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:55 PM   #17
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
TC shouldn't be dangerous what so ever, its actually there to protect you. I'm just wondering if it was working correctly when that happened to you. Like I said earlier, even tuned with 2.73s and doing a full pull, Its unlikely that your car would have required TC when shifting from 2nd to 3rd on dry pavement. I would keep an eye on it, maybe you hit some lose gravel?.

I don't know. There have been times where i needed to do some hard accelerating and it kicked in when i didn't want to and i couldn't accelerate like i needed to, no joke i have been in that circumstance lol.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:59 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

You're going to lose traction on a wet uphill road if youre trying to accelerate hard. Happened to me today while I was in gear 2, as soon as I floored it past 3k rpm, traction control light came on and I lost power. Uphill on a rainy night, 12 degrees, stock Pirelli summer tires.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:01 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Oil on the road? Or gasoline?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:58 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I never had my tc light on when I chip my tires. Doesn't matter I have tc on or off.

Also, while I'm launching. I feel like the car lose power or restricted the power while I let go the clutch too fast. I still have traction and no tire chipping. Car just squats a little and kinda stop the acceleration. No matter how hard I floor it.

sunnytan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:34 AM   #21
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
if it was just once I wouldn't worry about it.....slick spot on road, glitch in wheel sensor, tires getting worn.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:14 AM   #22
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
You hit a slick spot

Like Midnight said:
Quote:
Oil on the road? Or gasoline?
Your TC probably saved your butt.
Be Happy about that.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:53 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I don't know. There have been times where i needed to do some hard accelerating and it kicked in when i didn't want to and i couldn't accelerate like i needed to, no joke i have been in that circumstance lol.
I've had it where the car hesitates slightly under hard acceleration, but my TC light never came on. Maybe the OP just spun on oil/gravel ect. IMO its next to impossible to spin the tires between 2/3 enough to see the TC light with 2.73 gears on dry flat pavement.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:34 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Every time I drive aggressively and shift from 2nd to 3rd, it kicks on my TC if I don't disable it.

In my experience, it seems like the faster you are going, the more invasive TC becomes. Going from 2nd to 3rd and shifting at 7500 RPM (about 85 MPH), I get a solid chirp and enough wheel spin to leave a small 3-5 foot #11 on most roads in dry conditions with TC off.

If I have TC on and do the same thing, the car seems to die for what seems like a few seconds before it goes again, whereas, going from 1-2 doesn't seem to be anywhere near as harsh when it comes to cutting the power.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I was making a left turn into a freeway on-ramp, was in 2nd gear and then I did accelerate pretty good, shifted to 3rd and all of a sudden damn car goes crazy lol it took over all by itself and I saw the TC sign on the dashboard for a split second and then the car was under my control. I wasn't sure at the moment what it was, which is why I posted this thread ASAP. I must have been going nowhere near 70 mph, maybe 50-60 mph range.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:21 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Every time I drive aggressively and shift from 2nd to 3rd, it kicks on my TC if I don't disable it.

In my experience, it seems like the faster you are going, the more invasive TC becomes. Going from 2nd to 3rd and shifting at 7500 RPM (about 85 MPH), I get a solid chirp and enough wheel spin to leave a small 3-5 foot #11 on most roads in dry conditions with TC off.

If I have TC on and do the same thing, the car seems to die for what seems like a few seconds before it goes again, whereas, going from 1-2 doesn't seem to be anywhere near as harsh when it comes to cutting the power.
You can leave a 3-5' patch at 85mph with a 3.7 and stock 2.73s????

Old 10-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was making a left turn into a freeway on-ramp, was in 2nd gear and then I did accelerate pretty good, shifted to 3rd and all of a sudden damn car goes crazy lol it took over all by itself and I saw the TC sign on the dashboard for a split second and then the car was under my control. I wasn't sure at the moment what it was, which is why I posted this thread ASAP. I must have been going nowhere near 70 mph, maybe 50-60 mph range.
During a turn with hard acceleration it could cause your car to break loose. Sounds more like it was just doing its job. I wouldn't worry.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
During a turn with hard acceleration it could cause your car to break loose. Sounds more like it was just doing its job. I wouldn't worry.

Yeah, don't worry about it. Accelerating during a hard turn, sounds like it should definitely engage TC.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #29
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Like Midnight said:

Your TC probably saved your butt.
Be Happy about that.
Ronnie

Yeah, TC and AdvancTrac have bailed me out a couple of times haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang