2014 EcoBoost vs S197 V6 - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-21-2014, 12:22 AM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You guys could be right and it's not going anywhere, only time will tell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2014, 12:28 AM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Ford is probably just hedging their bet on the Ecoboost Mustang by tooling up the S550 for the V6 too...But if the Ecoboost sales are strong enough relative to V6 sales, don't expect to be able to buy a V6 for very long.

You can follow my Ford based 'Locost' build at:
GarageOdyssey.blogspot.com
GarageOdyssey.tumblr.com
@GarageOdyssey (instagram and twitter)
Driven5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:35 AM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven5 View Post
Ford is probably just hedging their bet on the Ecoboost Mustang by tooling up the S550 for the V6 too...But if the Ecoboost sales are strong enough relative to V6 sales, don't expect to be able to buy a V6 for very long.
Every piece of information and looking at the global situation I can't find a way that the V6 CAN succeed. No premium package, next to no options available, very little marketing for the v6 specifically, and the fact the V6 won't even be offered in some European markets like the UK.

If it does get even close, I will be very surprised.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2014, 01:01 AM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
If it does get even close, I will be very surprised.
Agreed...But they still have legitimate reason to fear that the far-and-away largest Mustang market might not fully embrace a turbo 4. Enter the widely accepted V6. The only other issue I could see keeping the 3.7L around for more than a couple years, would be production cost vs the Ecoboost. If the EB is actually that much more expensive to produce than the 3.7L, then they also need to keep the 3.7L around for those MSRP cross shopping with the Camaro. Yes the next minor refresh might be a good time to drop it, if the market conditions are right.

You can follow my Ford based 'Locost' build at:
GarageOdyssey.blogspot.com
GarageOdyssey.tumblr.com
@GarageOdyssey (instagram and twitter)
Driven5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:37 AM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOberlander View Post
Here's my take on this (part two I guess - heh)

The Ecoboost is a decent enough engine. And you can mod it to maybe 350hp before you start to put a lot of money into it. Figure $28K total spent with some light mods.

Or you can take a $19K '14 V6 and drop a supercharger or turbo on it. $2-4K saved for more power.

Or you can get a $26K '14 GT and do nothing...

All of this which is faster forgets the most basic question. If I had a '14 V6 and put the extra money/difference in price into it, how much would it pound the ecoboost?

Here's my problem when playing the numbers game; i can go buy a busted *** fox body and for just a few thousand be twice as fast at 1/4 of the cost of all those cars. If horsepower is the one and only thing you're worried about you can compare price, but the S550 has so much more to offer in terms of suspension, ride quality, interior... Otherwise we'd all be driving busted *** beater bombs to be the fastest out there.
Voltwings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
nice!!!! that's great news and I hope ppl who do buy the turbo don't mod it up lol

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

You know that's the first thing people will do. CAI, Tune, bigger turbo, catless downpipe. those things are going to jump to 400+ hp in no time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang