2014 v6 mustang as we know it... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2014 v6 mustang as we know it...

well 15 v6 mustang is like the following: I've been working at a company 30 years and one day my boss asks me to train a newbie. so I do after he/she learns everything my boss lets me go. this is what ford is doing to the v6 w the eb introduction lol

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
More accurately: The boss makes you retarded to make the new guy look better.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
^ that. They kinda dumbed down the V6 just a little, but still. Imagine an ecoboost 6. I kinda see it as giving the new guy everything he needs to succeed, but making the old guy figure it all out on his own all while knowing the old guy could easily out perform the new guy.
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
^ 100% Agree, I doubt they'd let it go, They just want to join the "ECO" market.
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

1. The ecoboost makes more power in a smaller displacement
2. Its easier for that engine to be global
3. Ford does not have to rate an engine at peak hp, they just have to rate it. 5 crank horsepower guys... do you honestly think Ford took the time to tune out 5 horsepower? The engine is likely the exact same, IM redesign nonwithstanding, as the one you have now.
4. MPG is effected by the weight, anyone can see that, but the Ecoboost is also returning the same or better MPG with a 3.31 standard gear. It doesnt need to use a 2.73 as a crutch to reach that figure.
5. Development. Turbo charging and direct injection are the way of the future, so the more turbo and/or DI engines Ford can get out and develop the better its future will be. This is pretty straight forward, and i imagine it wont be long before the v6 in itself is a thing of the past with the HP capabilities of most modern 4s.

the 3.7 is and was a stout engine, but its just time to accept reality. Not like many of you planned on trading up to a '15 V6 anyways did you?
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

nah only reason is I prefer 5th gen styling than this new one

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
elkoritaNAY:

How many threads like this are you going to start?
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Hahaha that is the perfect analogy!!!
JR4288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #9
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Why not offer a EB V6? Ford could sell an EB V6 in the U.S. & globally without upsetting the balance of power in the Universe. I don't understand the marketing strategy that punches the loyal U.S. base in the gut to appeal to the rest of the world. Globalization doesn't always make a better product. Trying to be everything to everybody NEVER works.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Why not offer a EB V6? Ford could sell an EB V6 in the U.S. & globally without upsetting the balance of power in the Universe. I don't understand the marketing strategy that punches the loyal U.S. base in the gut to appeal to the rest of the world. Globalization doesn't always make a better product. Trying to be everything to everybody NEVER works.

This might happen if they ever try to phase out the V8, so it would happen in Europe before ever happening here.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #11
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
This might happen if they ever try to phase out the V8, so it would happen in Europe before ever happening here.

Replacing the V8 would be a kick in the BALLS to the U.S. base, rather than a punch in the gut.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post

An EB6 would hurt the 8 as it sits, and be too much for the hair dressers and dumbies who got into a Mustang for no reason. No offense to anyone who bought a Mustang because it matched their outfit the day they walked past a dealership!

But if they dropped the SHO 3.5 in, that's 365 HP. If an EB3.7 came out, it would be more. So for example purposes, would people have such desire for a 5.0 NA with an EB37 out? Other than the Shelby name, is a 500 HP GT500 worth that much more than a 420 HP GT?

I won't fire up the debate of "my car would be better if I spent that much more money," but people want to get more for what they spend. 55 HP for a 10k price difference isn't a great deal. 100+? That sounds better.

Until the GT is pumped up, the base model won't go up much. I would GUESS we have another track car (BOSS esque) coming shortly, then shortly after another drag car (13/14 GT500 esque). Then again, that would be in the 2022-2028 year range, and who knows what'll happen.

As long as the Lincoln MKM (Mustang) comes with a six (or seven, or eight...) Speed standard, I'll take it. (I know this has nothing to do with the conversation, but I want Ford to DO IT!)

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:44 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Elkorita, you're an engineer, you should know that your analogy didn't make sense. What you described is product development. By your logic Ford should have stopped with the Model T. I understand you hate the 2015, that's painfully obvious from the 50 threads you've started about it, but this particular argument does not make sense.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Anybody else thinking that the 2016 is gonna have a new engine thats way better than the 2015? Like im talking about back in 2010 when the gt had 300hp and the v6 had 210hp but the 2011 bumped those numbers up by 100hp.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:53 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Are you talking about the GT or V6? The V6 is done man, its a dying breed with this generation. The GT received a ton of substantial upgrades this year, although it is still relatively the same architecture. The only things left to do to the GT are DI and bumping up the compression as far as factory upgrades are concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if we dont see something like that until the next generation.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
Anybody else thinking that the 2016 is gonna have a new engine thats way better than the 2015? Like im talking about back in 2010 when the gt had 300hp and the v6 had 210hp but the 2011 bumped those numbers up by 100hp.
Yes. Maybe not 2016, but soon. They will have to keep up with the Camaro.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Are you talking about the GT or V6? The V6 is done man, its a dying breed with this generation. The GT received a ton of substantial upgrades this year, although it is still relatively the same architecture. The only things left to do to the GT are DI and bumping up the compression as far as factory upgrades are concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if we dont see something like that until the next generation.
Actual, V8's will be gone before the V6's.

Writing is on the wall.... CAFE standards, etc.

F-150's Ecoboost engines are selling really well, which are more expensive than the 5.0L in them. So A LOT (as in millions & millions) of people have ponied up the extra G for the Ecoboost.

I'd predict everything is going to be losing 2 cylinders and about 1.0+ liters of displacement as ALL cars are transitioned to turbos or hybrid/electric driven/assisted engines.

The next step will be to replace the GT's 5.0L with the 3.5L (or a new souped up 3.7L) Ecoboost.

And the base V6 will probably disappear completely with the 2.3L Ecoboost.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

My statement was in regards to the Mustang, but i agree with you, I'd take a TTv6 over a v8 any day.

Edit: well, i say that... The power potential is massive for a TT V6, but there's something about the simplicity of Na, as well as the INSTANT power. Turbos do add a lot of heat and weight, but i do agree that this is the future.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #19
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

There's a better chance of James Bond coming out of the closet during the next movie than Ford doing away with the V8 Mustang.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Oh i agree, the purests will never understand it, but a 3.0L TT V6 would be wicked. Small (ish), light(ish) and easily over 500 whp capable, but also probably damn near 450-500 wtq as well, which is something a 5.0L N/a V8 will never do.

Same people who cant accept the fact that the 2.3L in the Ecoboost is making more power STOCK than basically any GT prior to the 5.0. Hell, it took heads / cams to make 350 on a 3v GT, and i wouldnt be surprised if the EB can do that on pump gas with the stock turbo.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:12 AM   #21
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

A TT V6 would be a complete monster.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:43 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Yet, look at the videos of the V6 vs the Ecoboost. The Ecoboost is half a second slower on a quarter mile. I suspect that Ford is under-rating the V6 on paper for marketing purposes by a large amount. And turbo lag does rear its head as most of us predicted.

That said, a supercharged or turbo of the V6 would be amazing. Just talk to anyone who has done the mod here The V6 is a beautiful engine with loads more potential than a 4. At 18 psi boost, you can't actually mod the Ecoboost much, despite what the press is saying. 30+ ends up wearing things out very quickly. There is no free lunch here. I think a lot of modders are going to be in for a world of angst when they realize they're stuck and need a lot of money to actually mod it.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:04 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't have much understanding about turbos or their operations. The auto ecoboost is slow, but so is the auto v6, both are about .5-.8 seconds slower than their standard counterparts. A standard ecoboost is going 13.8 stock and out trapping the v6 while doing so.

Also ... Turbo lag, do you understand what a twin scroll turbo is, or have you seen an ecoboost dyno? The car makes peak torque at 2500 rpm and holds that damn near to 5000 where the computer starts to limit boost for heat management.

Next, the ecoboost peaks 18 psi, it does not run 18 psi. That's what allows it that big torque hit down low, then it manages boost throughout the curve to maintain a flat torque curve. If you've spent any time around any turbo at all, you will now there is plenty left on the table with that car. The fact that companies are getting over 300 whp and 340 wtq with a tune alone speaks volumes about that.

Lastly, no stock turbo will give you 30 psi, and it certainly won't take that to make power on this car. Also, I've tuned and ran SEVERAL stock turbo 4 cylinders to 25-22 psi and they're all still running just fine
Turbos are incredibly cheap to mod, a downpipe and tune will bet you 80% of the gains the car has to give, not to mention this car will support e85 on a 100% stock fuel system. I would bet money downpipe and e85 has this car damn near 350 whp and 400 wtq.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #24
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

My question, not to poke the bee's nest, is why didn't they give the EB more power out of the factory to put some more (actual) separation between it and the V6? Rather that dumbing down the V6.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Most likely since the V6 is getting dropped, we're just in that awkward overlap generation. When the new body style rolls around I wouldn't be surprised to see a ~320 hp (or even the same) Ecoboost as the base model, then the GT and wherever they choose to go from there. Just my thought.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:14 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
i was just thinking this. they did it in 2010-2011so they may do it again.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fordcrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Reports state the same engine will do 350 in the next Focus, and they put it there to not compete with the 8.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:21 AM   #28
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
The 3.7 V6 is going to be here for a long time

Ford does not only use this engine in the Mustang.
It is also used in their trucks.
It is also used in the Rental cars because it is one very sturdy engine and easy to repair.
This engine is also used in some import cars and trucks.
Don't count the 3.7 cyclone dead for a few more years.
The big reason for the turbo four was to try to meet the stupid rediculas C.A.R.B. standards our wise car hating President put out. Plus they needed it to sell in other countries that have a cap on displacement size of Automobile engines. Ford knows they need to sell a lot of cars to stay in business and the Mustang is wanted all over the world.

Ford will push the turbo four because they will make a better profit and also get closer to the C.A.F.E. goal.

My friend Shari just bought a 2014 F-150 four door pickup with a 3.7 V6 automatic fully loaded with a trailer towing package.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly I believe a NA 3.7 is way to small to be worthwhile in a truck, a truck needs tq and the 3.7 lacks it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Honestly I believe a NA 3.7 is way to small to be worthwhile in a truck, a truck needs tq and the 3.7 lacks it.

Also seems that ford is dropping the 3.7 in the 2015 F-150 in place for a NA 3.5. Not at all good news for the shelf life of the 3.7. : (
http://www.caranddriver.com/ford/f-150

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Also seems that ford has dropped the 3.7 in the 2015 F-150 in place for a NA 3.5. Not at all good news for the shelf life of the 3.7. : (
http://www.caranddriver.com/ford/f-150
Interesting, the 3.7 is a dam good motor but just not for a truck imo,
Now a 3.5 ford is all over the dam place now

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Interesting, the 3.7 is a dam good motor but just not for a truck imo,
Now a 3.5 ford is all over the dam place now

Agreed, it seems that ford now has too many engines choices in their stable these days. Its looking like there's no more room for the 3.7 anymore and I'm guessing if they choose to keep a V6 in the mustang it might be the NA 3.5, or the eco 3.5.

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Eco 3.5, please. Heck, make an ecoboost TT 5.0.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #34
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
The 3.7 seems to work very good in Shari's F150

It feels nice and crisp.
It gets good MPG.
It tows a 32 foot boat and don't breath hard.
It sure does feel better then the V8 that was in her 1997 F150 Automatic.
I don't really know if the truck 3.7 engine uses a different cam to provide more torque then whats in our Mustang engines. Looking at the engine it looks the same.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Eco 3.5, please. Heck, make an ecoboost TT 5.0.
Oh hell yeah!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
v6 mustang