Best axle back for less than $500 - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-16-2014, 08:48 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Definitely. It looks like Jegs has the cheapest across the board.

I'll probably see if AM will pricematch them. I haven't heard anything bad about Jegs' service, but I'm more familiar dealing with AM.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I was seeing that. They should pricematch them and then the added 6% discount
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
All mufflers and tips "should" have weep holes. As Kona said, they should be very tiny, not enough to affect sound, but enough to let the condensation out.

This is what I was thinking, every mufflers and tips having a hole for the water to get out. Weird Kona's didn't have a tiny hole to let the water out.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
I was seeing that. They should pricematch them and then the added 6% discount
AM will only do one or the other. Either price match or 6% discount.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
They also can decline to price match.
The last two times I checked if they would price match they said they could not.
So I stopped checking to see if they would and just bought it from other vendors.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
The last two times I checked if they would price match they said they could not.
So I stopped checking to see if they would and just bought it from other vendors.
Some of the parts that AM are ridiculously overpriced. For example stop tech brakes. AM has em listed for 399 and 449 (z16 and z26). Jegs and bunch of other vendors have them listed for 265 and 296.

AM refused to price match.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:46 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Well then I guess most of my parts will be from other vendors then.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:36 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Nothing against AM at all.

I bought my BBK ceramic shorty headers for $315 from Autoanything
AM had them listed for $399.
The lowest they said they would go was $380. My forum discount of 6% got me more off than that.... And you can't use it if they price match....

AM had the throttle body for $400+
Bought mine for $280 after rebate.
If it was a few dollars it would be different, but that's over $200+ difference on just two purchases.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Nothing against AM at all.

I bought my BBK ceramic shorty headers for $315 from Autoanything
AM had them listed for $399.
The lowest they said they would go was $380. My forum discount of 6% got me more off than that.... And you can't use it if they price match....

AM had the throttle body for $400+
Bought mine for $280 after rebate.
If it was a few dollars it would be different, but that's over $200+ difference on just two purchases.

Glad you mentioned autoanything. For giggles, I checked their price on the ATAKS. They're slightly higher than everyone else BUT they're running a 15% off coupon code till tomorrow.

After the coupon, much cheaper.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Glad you mentioned autoanything. For giggles, I checked their price on the ATAKS. They're slightly higher than everyone else BUT they're running a 15% off coupon code till tomorrow.

After the coupon, much cheaper.

Yeah they're almost always running a 15% off coupon.... I had a 20% off which I used for the throttle body, but that expired the 10th.
They have amazing customer service too. If you call/chat them on the site and show them another site has it cheaper, they will adjust the price to that and THEN use the discount code usually. They also have a 1 year price match guarantee. For 1 year after your purchase from them, if you find that product cheaper anywhere they will refund you the money difference!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah they're almost always running a 15% off coupon.... I had a 20% off which I used for the throttle body, but that expired the 10th.
They have amazing customer service too. If you call/chat them on the site and show them another site has it cheaper, they will adjust the price to that and THEN use the discount code usually. They also have a 1 year price match guarantee. For 1 year after your purchase from them, if you find that product cheaper anywhere they will refund you the money difference!
Wha?!? I knew about the coupons they usually run but not the 1 year price match. That's awesome!

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Old 10-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
New favorite car part site...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

They do not have as large a selection as AM or LMR etc. because they are an auto parts site, not just for mustangs.
But what they do have, can't be beat!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Both of those codes don't work. Tried yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Pony123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony123 View Post
Both of those codes don't work. Tried yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Some products won't let you use the codes. I'm going to chat with them when I get off work and see if they'll pricematch or add the code anyway. We shall see.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 10-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

They're pretty good .ask for Brian

Old 10-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #86
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quick question, are items sold on autoanything.com the same as on other sites? Looking at the cat-back Borla ATAK and AM says it's 2.5" pipe while AA says it's 2.25" pipe. I looked up the part number from AA on Borla's site and it says 2.25" as well. Is there a reason AM would list 2.5"? I know it's not one of the axle back kits like the thread is about, but curious to know if the two sites do sell the same products?

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Are they both for the 3.7?
If they are the same part number and AM is not the same as what Borla lists then I would have to think AM is wrong

Old 10-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Quick question, are items sold on autoanything.com the same as on other sites? Looking at the cat-back Borla ATAK and AM says it's 2.5" pipe while AA says it's 2.25" pipe. I looked up the part number from AA on Borla's site and it says 2.25" as well. Is there a reason AM would list 2.5"? I know it's not one of the axle back kits like the thread is about, but curious to know if the two sites do sell the same products?
I've noticed some inconsistencies with AM as well. It says my x pipe is 2.75" when every other source says it 2.5. I didn't measure it, but I'm m willing to bet it's 2.5 due to the fitment.

Old 10-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Wow, what is this discount on AM I keep hearing about?!
Old 10-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Wow, what is this discount on AM I keep hearing about?!
6% discount code for ME members with 50+ posts. You can message one of the AM reps on here like Shane for the code. On the condition you keep the code to yourself.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang