TUNE WITHOUT MODS - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #71
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Yes, there is a build form. You can access it from the website now before buying it even. It's at the very bottom, under Tunes, called "Tune Build Form"

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Awesome! Thanks, I'll check it out now.
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
JR4288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 220
Has anyone had any experience with the preloaded tunes on a "regular" sct x4 (not bama or steeda) like the ones on anythingauto.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JR4288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
They are like the Fruit Os to MPT and BAMAs Fruit Loops. Stick with the name brand stuff...
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
TUNE WITHOUT MODS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Only if the dealer can show proof that the tune actually caused the damage to the engine.

They'll find a way lol. Im in canada so theyre much more strict here anyways. Ill wait for my tune, then its balls to the wall performance mod time


ig - @bradpigden
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:16 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR4288 View Post
Has anyone had any experience with the preloaded tunes on a "regular" sct x4 (not bama or steeda) like the ones on anythingauto.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Doubt it lol. Spend the extra $$ and do it right


ig - @bradpigden
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
They'll find a way lol. Im in canada so theyre much more strict here anyways. Ill wait for my tune, then its balls to the wall performance mod time


ig - @bradpigden
I'm just like you. Been under warranty for three years, and am glad I was. Got thousands of dollars worth of warranty work done. Now that it's expired I'm tuning and looking forward to other mods that I have spent the past year researching. I know exactly what I'm going to buy. Unlike a few others on this forum who buy first, think later, and then replace their mods with other mods. Won't say any names, haha. That said, you learn from experience, so no judgement of those folks at all. They will gain a lot of knowledge from their mistakes and be teaching the rest of us later on.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:53 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
tj@steeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,140
Hello All:

Let me try to answer these questions ... I just got back on-line:

1. Yes, we have tunes for life when you order from Steeda.

2. We write specific tunes to your car ... when you order ... we send you a questionnaire to fill out & we write your tune based on your feedback.

3. When you order a tuner from us ... we will preload the tuner with upto 3 tunes (per your request).

4. [QUOTE][I have to say though, the 87 is leaving a lot to be desired. I'm in communication with Steeda right now to try to get this dialed in, but unfortunately the customer service rep I've been talking to on the phone (Patrick) is a real d-bag and just said "well, that's because you have a stock car. What did you expect, that you would put this tune on your stock car and be blown away by the improvement?" I asked if they will look at a datalog for me and he said "no, if you have a stock car then datalogging won't do anything, we have thousands of cars out there running the same tune." That is NOT good customer service. I'm in email communication with someone named Matt. I hope I have better luck with him/QUOTE]

I apologize for the experience you had with our service rep. Please send me your email address, phone number & name ... I will ensure that you are taken care of with data logging or whatever else is needed to dial in your tune.

This goes without saying ... but this is not a typical situation when it comes to our customer service. I will be addressing this with my sales manager.

Please feel free to email me with your info to tim@steeda.com & if there are any other questions that I have not addressed ... please feel free to email me.

Best Regards,

TJ
__________________
Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
JR4288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 220
So tj, the tuner holds 10 tunes and yall offer lifetime tunes, so why can you only put 3 tunes on? Could I request more througgh email?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JR4288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
FiveO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Baton Rouge
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR4288 View Post
So tj, the tuner holds 10 tunes and yall offer lifetime tunes, so why can you only put 3 tunes on? Could I request more througgh email?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I 2nd this
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:04 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
I'm just like you. Been under warranty for three years, and am glad I was. Got thousands of dollars worth of warranty work done. Now that it's expired I'm tuning and looking forward to other mods that I have spent the past year researching. I know exactly what I'm going to buy. Unlike a few others on this forum who buy first, think later, and then replace their mods with other mods. Won't say any names, haha. That said, you learn from experience, so no judgement of those folks at all. They will gain a lot of knowledge from their mistakes and be teaching the rest of us later on.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Better to be safe than sorry!! What warranty work have you had done? I got 17k miles and a year of owning my car from the factory and nothings broke yet (knock on wood!!!) curious what to expect.

Its funny cuz i'm the exact same way, i swear i do more reading about the car than i actually do driving it haha


ig - @bradpigden
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:20 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
JR4288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Better to be safe than sorry!! What warranty work have you had done? I got 17k miles and a year of owning my car from the factory and nothings broke yet (knock on wood!!!) curious what to expect.

Its funny cuz i'm the exact same way, i swear i do more reading about the car than i actually do driving it haha


ig - @bradpigden
I am in the same situation. I ordered my car from factory and will have 17k in the next week. I will have had it a year in the first week of November.

I really am considering considering a tune though. I don't think I can wait another year!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JR4288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:25 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,260
My car was tuned less than a week after driving it off the lot,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:34 PM   #83
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
^+1
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
My car was tuned less than a week after driving it off the lot,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yaaaaa but your cars packin enough n2o that it could be considered the wmd that bush was lookin for lmao. Im honestly surprised you waited a week


ig - @bradpigden
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:45 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Yaaaaa but your cars packin enough n2o that it could be considered the wmd that bush was lookin for lmao. Im honestly surprised you waited a week


ig - @bradpigden
No n20 on it right now lol.

But this picture is back when it had the 1st nitrous kit on it and when it was practically brand new still lol.
" old picture"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1413607456112.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	168024  
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:11 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
No n20 on it right now lol.

But this picture is back when it had the 1st nitrous kit on it and when it was practically brand new still lol.
" old picture"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Damn thats pretty ::


ig - @bradpigden
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Damn thats pretty ::


ig - @bradpigden
That was when the car had like 2,000 miles or something on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
That was when the car had like 2,000 miles or something on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lol warranty? Whats that? Hahah


ig - @bradpigden
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #89
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Warranties are for girlie-men
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
JR4288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Warranties are for girlie-men
Hahahaha!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JR4288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:06 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
I apologize for the experience you had with our service rep. Please send me your email address, phone number & name ... I will ensure that you are taken care of with data logging or whatever else is needed to dial in your tune.

This goes without saying ... but this is not a typical situation when it comes to our customer service. I will be addressing this with my sales manager.

Please feel free to email me with your info to tim@steeda.com & if there are any other questions that I have not addressed ... please feel free to email me.

Best Regards,

TJ

Email sent! Thanks for reaching out to me! You really didn't need to do that; Matt has been doing a good job and has been nothing but respectful and professional.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:16 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Better to be safe than sorry!! What warranty work have you had done? I got 17k miles and a year of owning my car from the factory and nothings broke yet (knock on wood!!!) curious what to expect.

Its funny cuz i'm the exact same way, i swear i do more reading about the car than i actually do driving it haha


ig - @bradpigden
Ignore the others who are mocking us for keeping our warranties. It's your car and your money. Do what you are comfortable with. Same goes for them, if they want to break warranty then good for them, I hope they have a lot of fun and never have problems.

I'm very glad that I waited until now. I don't know what the exact dollar amount of all the work that was done on my car was, but it's gotta be several thousands. At about 25K miles and 2 years I was having a terribly annoying clunking noise that was very difficult to localize. The service department ended up replacing basically the entire front and rear suspensions, the steering rack, heck even the master cylinder because at one point they thought it might be that and there was a TSB on it anyway. They thought they solved it with the steering rack the first time, but about a month later it came back. Turns out it the main culprit was rear bushings.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:17 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
audioAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 604
I can feel my "canned 93 octane" tune with my 3015 SCT/3 tuner and all I have is an Airaid tube & drop-in K&N.
__________________
2014 DIB 3.7 "Blue Cyclone" on 275/40/18 RE 760 Sports/Sold
2016 ruby red GT 300 A with 3.55:1 gear/SVE resonator delete X-pipe/ UPR catch can/Airaid/AEM/J&M Bushings/ BMR cradle lockout/BMR CB006 brace/BMR cc bolts/S-04 pole position'
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:37 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Ignore the others who are mocking us for keeping our warranties. It's your car and your money. Do what you are comfortable with. Same goes for them, if they want to break warranty then good for them, I hope they have a lot of fun and never have problems.

I'm very glad that I waited until now. I don't know what the exact dollar amount of all the work that was done on my car was, but it's gotta be several thousands. At about 25K miles and 2 years I was having a terribly annoying clunking noise that was very difficult to localize. The service department ended up replacing basically the entire front and rear suspensions, the steering rack, heck even the master cylinder because at one point they thought it might be that and there was a TSB on it anyway. They thought they solved it with the steering rack the first time, but about a month later it came back. Turns out it the main culprit was rear bushings.
Oh wow, 1/4 through its life and it already has new suspension. Mine is just now starting to make little noises. Sometimes I d I'll nt even hear them but either way I'm at 46k miles so no TSB for me. Sucks
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Better to be safe than sorry!! What warranty work have you had done? I got 17k miles and a year of owning my car from the factory and nothings broke yet (knock on wood!!!) curious what to expect.

Its funny cuz i'm the exact same way, i swear i do more reading about the car than i actually do driving it haha


ig - @bradpigden
That's ashame you do more reading about your pony than actually driving it. I guess some people live life and others watch and read about people living life. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:16 AM   #96
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Is MPT any good for manuals over BAMA?
Well I got my mpt tune and it threw a lean code so I can't answer the "are they good with manuals" question


05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
That's ashame you do more reading about your pony than actually driving it. I guess some people live life and others watch and read about people living life. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Say that again in 10 years when mine is still sittin pretty

And since it has 17k miles since aug 2013 i'd say ive gotten quite a bit of livin done behind the wheel. Past 2 stangs ive owned lasted til 350000km and other went to 260000 miles so i plan on gettin much more life out of my car. Stang is bae


ig - @bradpigden
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
I've had mine since late August 13 and only put 12.5 K
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:57 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Say that again in 10 years when mine is still sittin pretty

And since it has 17k miles since aug 2013 i'd say ive gotten quite a bit of livin done behind the wheel. Past 2 stangs ive owned lasted til 350000km and other went to 260000 miles so i plan on gettin much more life out of my car. Stang is bae


ig - @bradpigden
Wow you have more livin' behind the wheel of Mustangs than almost of us I'm sure. I know what you meant by your comment before - you were seconding what I said about doing a lot of research before warranty expires so that you know exactly what to do when it does. Nothing wrong with that, you are living just as much if not more than everyone else. We just choose to postpone it by 36,000 miles.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Wow you have more livin' behind the wheel of Mustangs than almost of us I'm sure. I know what you meant by your comment before - you were seconding what I said about doing a lot of research before warranty expires so that you know exactly what to do when it does. Nothing wrong with that, you are living just as much if not more than everyone else. We just choose to postpone it by 36,000 miles.

Yea i got a ****ty commute to work each day, i watch my odometer with a big frown on my face. Gettin a promotion and a brand new work vehicle soon so that should help keep em down. Either way, ive enjoyed every minute behind the wheel!


ig - @bradpigden
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Say that again in 10 years when mine is still sittin pretty

And since it has 17k miles since aug 2013 i'd say ive gotten quite a bit of livin done behind the wheel. Past 2 stangs ive owned lasted til 350000km and other went to 260000 miles so i plan on gettin much more life out of my car. Stang is bae


ig - @bradpigden
Sounds like your getting tons of driving in bro more than reading about them. The way you wrote it, sounded like you had almost no miles on it. Ha ha ha. My pony just hit 4 years old back on October 2nd and I only have 42k miles. I'm letting pony life pass me buy. Lmao

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Well I got my mpt tune and it threw a lean code so I can't answer the "are they good with manuals" question


05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Yikes. Well I keep hearing all the auto guy saying that MPT is so good and such but havnt heard many of the MT guys chime in on the issue. Maybe they have i just havnt seen the posts or forgot they drive a manual. Either way I'd like to see a comparison of MPT Race VS BAMA Race with a manual. I doubt we will cause people are just too excited to throw parts on their car they dont stop to do any testing first.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,450
A lot of times, a "Lean," or "Rich" CEL is triggered by fuel trims being outside of an accepted range, not the car actually driving around in a "lean," or "rich" condition. Your AFR will (likely) still be in check, but the computer is just having to adjust more than it would like to get you there.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
bazinga11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Burbs
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,404
I have a manual with a mpt tune. It's smooth right out of the box, unlike my bama with twitchy throttle and harsh driveability. I can close my eyes and tell which tune I'm running.

MPT had a few pinging issues in the beginning, but I had em fixed with a datalog. No CELs thus far.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
I have a manual with a mpt tune. It's smooth right out of the box, unlike my bama with twitchy throttle and harsh driveability. I can close my eyes and tell which tune I'm running.

MPT had a few pinging issues in the beginning, but I had em fixed with a datalog. No CELs thus far.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
good to know. Just got my BAMA datalog last week. Been driving around on it the past few days and I gotta say it much better than any of the tunes they have given me thus far. very smooth down low and much better response over all. Im just a bit disappointed in the top end (4k rpm and above) It feels like I have thins kick from 2.5K up till then where it just flat lines and feels like its not going any faster. the rpms go up but the speed stops climbing as fast...it just feels 'blah".
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MODS MODS MODS! S197Miller 2005-2010 Mustang GT 28 02-10-2013 02:36 PM
Bama tune or lund tune or steeda tune Mustang32Bill 2011-2014 Mustang GT 89 11-12-2012 11:45 AM
Mods.....Mods.....Mods.... Srohda 2011-2014 Mustang GT 8 06-01-2012 01:50 PM
What is the best cold air intake to purchase without a tune for a 2008 4.0 v-6? Since64 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 9 01-19-2012 11:21 AM
Cold air intake without Tune RedToplessPony 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 14 12-28-2011 01:04 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:11 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.