Real or fake? Anyone tried this? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2014, 01:07 PM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Massachusetts
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Would it be safe to imagine that your car would go quicker through rpms if coupled with pedalmax? Much like going from 3.31 to 3.55 gears if not more.

Would it also give smooth delivery of power? I don't know about 5.0 but in 3.7s, there's a little jerk around 3000k before it really starts pulling away.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
No, not at all. Just a much quicker response in throttle. It will react more sesitivly like adjusting your mouse sensitivity on your computer.
That "jerk" you feel is the valve timing. It's the switch from "economy mode" (manor of speaking) to "sport". It's the jerk in power that you are feeling not the throttle.

“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #37
Registered Member
Region: Louisiana
Originally Posted by Geok.91 View Post
How bout this video $0.00 Performance Upgrade - EricTheCarGuy - YouTube so basically the booster is doing the same thing just electronically no cables
Yes, great example.

It mostly makes the car FEEL faster / more responsive. Will your times be a little faster... maybe a tiny fraction of second faster b/c it will be applying WOT a fraction of a second faster.

It does not make more power, neither horsepower nor torque. It just makes things feels snappier. Everyone that I've seen (read about on other forums) surprisingly is very pleased with it. Many have said it was the best $300 they've spent on their cars.

I'm glad someone reminded me about these, as I had kind of forgotten about them, and I'm now considering getting one instead of the ProCal since it doesn't do that much anyway, but does slightly affect warranty.

c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #38
Evolution's Finest
Region: California
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Tommy, I see your mods (wicked nice ride) and wonder if your love of this is just your tuner gave you a non-sensative pedal? respect bro...
Thanks, the throttle response has always been the same, I was just used to it. I was skeptical, like all of you, but it really did help. The PedalMAX also comes with a chip you can plug in to go from 100% to 60%. I'm staying with 100% but it does take some getting used to. The first day I had it, I broke my 315's loose accelerating on a right turn. Got my adrenalin up.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #39
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
BMW PedalBox Throttle Controller, No More Throttl…:

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
This video is a good example

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

2014 v6 blacked out.. the only way to do it. Airaid cai, bbk tb, 93htune, 3.73 gears, and magnaflow competition exhaust
14mustang v6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang