Real or fake? Anyone tried this? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:31 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Real or fake? Anyone tried this?

Installed JMS PedalMax... wow! - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I don't believe. What do want it to do (or think it does?)
Old 10-16-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I'd say it probably does do something with the signal since our throttle is drive by wire. BUT I can guarantee a proper tune could do the exact same thing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
ABSOLUTELY REAL.

I've been a Porsche guy most of my "car hobby" years, and Porsche guys have been installing those (SprintBooster brand) and been very pleased for years. Plus it does not require any tuning, is easily removed (doesn't leave traces like a tune, etc.) for warranty denials, etc.

It completely changes the throttle response / pedal sensitivity... in a good way. It makes you feel like you have more horsepower, but all it does it just give it a lot more gas, a lot easier. I'm just used to stomping the pedal to near WOT to get the same action.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
well I am tagging this for future feedback. Seems like a tune would accomplish this but maybe it is more aggressive that the tune usually does? Maybe we can get an AM guy input from BAMA or something?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Work for auto's?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Work for auto's?

According to the TMS thread, yes. I hope to see some more reviews of people with 11-14 V6s here. My main question is whether or not this adversely affects aftermarket tunes. Another question is the long-term performance. I'm currently running Steeda tunes.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
All it is is a signal amplifier I did research on that a couple of months ago but for 300 bucks 2 guys garage did a 0 -60 ft with and without and that time didn't impress me to much I forget what it was cool part though

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Work for auto's?

Yes
Geok.91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

http://youtu.be/MdafHRwAZeQ
Old 10-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

BMW PedalBox Throttle Controller, No More Throttl…: http://youtu.be/gAN7aRqT0B0

Old 10-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #11
Staff

Regular
Staff

b ut doesn't all it do is make your throttle more sensative? If so there is only feeling that is changed NOT acctual power or speed in the 1/4. I've driven slow cars where the mfr tricks you by making the 1st 1/2" of throttle tip in real sharp. You think it has lots of power but all you loose is the ability to drive smooth.

I admit to not trying one of these so it's speculation only.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
b ut doesn't all it do is make your throttle more sensative? If so there is only feeling that is changed NOT acctual power or speed in the 1/4. I've driven slow cars where the mfr tricks you by making the 1st 1/2" of throttle tip in real sharp. You think it has lots of power but all you loose is the ability to drive smooth.

I admit to not trying one of these so it's speculation only.

What I've gotten from the sprint booster is its just an amplifier. Because we're using fly by not cable when you floor the gas say it takes 1 full second for you computer to recognize that (not actual time) the booster will amplify the signal so it would be like 1/2 a second ...... Those are not real times just example
Old 10-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
The benefit here is that you are not tuning the car and voiding the warranty. If you have a tune, you may still enjoy this mod but the same could be had by adjusting the throttle parameters in the tune.

But again, for those who swear against losing the warranty, seems like a fun buy.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #14
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
It works, believe me.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
It works, believe me.

Is it worth the 300bucks though
Old 10-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Idk if the fly by system works off the ecu

Old 10-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

One of the founders is from sct

Old 10-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
Idk if the fly by system works off the ecu

It does
Old 10-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Is the throttle lag really that bad? Personally, I don't really think so.

Interesting piece of gear though nonetheless..

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb427r View Post
Is the throttle lag really that bad? Personally, I don't really think so.

Interesting piece of gear though nonetheless..
I think it is. Foot meets floor=wait, wait, go. Should be floor=go
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think it is. Foot meets floor=wait, wait, go. Should be floor=go

Touché
Old 10-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #22
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
I wish I would have tried it without my E-Force so I could give a more applicable comment, but it has made my car much more awesome to drive. It seems to give me more power down low, and the boost comes quicker, and more linear.

I'm not sure how it works with a V6, but I can assume it will be good. Well worth the price.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Hmm maybe I'll pick one up there's a shop by me selling them that's how I found out about it
Old 10-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks tommy

Old 10-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Maybe this is going to be an awesome mod for all of you running/going to run procharger on your car. I am expecting low end tq to be somewhat close to that of a turbo, if not same/better.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:55 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Maybe this is going to be an awesome mod for all of you running/going to run procharger on your car. I am expecting low end tq to be somewhat close to that of a turbo, if not same/better.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
But it's not changing the low end torque, as I understand it. Just changing the throttle response. Like, your engine isn't going to be producing any more torque at 3000 rpm than it is now... Just the pedal position is going to correspond to a wider open throttle position than it did without the device. So the end effect will be that you are feeling the power sooner, but that doesn't mean you have more low end torque.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:29 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
But it's not changing the low end torque, as I understand it. Just changing the throttle response. Like, your engine isn't going to be producing any more torque at 3000 rpm than it is now... Just the pedal position is going to correspond to a wider open throttle position than it did without the device. So the end effect will be that you are feeling the power sooner, but that doesn't mean you have more low end torque.

Yep.. U hit it on the nail I'll probably buy one after some other things

Old 10-17-2014, 04:08 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
The sprint booster seems to be interesting... it amplifies the signal from the throttle to the the TB.

The pedal box seems to function as an Overdrive / sports mode

I think the sprint booster is worth the try. I hope it doesn't mess up the tune ....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post

True that! I should have been more clear on that, I was meaning to say throttle response down low could come close to that of turbo I guess?

On a different note, I'm curious if pedalmax on a stock tune is going to give driveability of a tuned car? - nice kick in the pants and even flow of power?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 10-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'm going to try to give you another analogy.

Imagine an old rack&pinion steering wheel with play in it. It would take 2 complete turns to get the wheels all the way around to the most turned point.
And worse there's a little wiggle each way before it actually starts turning the wheels.

That's kind of like the pedal response. The pedal isn't very sensitive from the factory by default and it takes a big change in pedal location for throttle changes.

Its kind of a safety mechanism... imagine if you're driving on a bumpy road and the pedal was so sensative that the bumps in the road causing slightly pressing the gas more caused changes in the throttle.

Anyway, now you put the sprint booster on, it removes the play in that old steering wheel so as soon as you start turning it starts going the direction you want and makes it so you only have to turn the weel 180 degrees either direction to get the full turn radius.

I know its kind of a weird analogy, but that's what it does... sharper / faster response so it might make you a little faster b/c the higher sensitivity + amplified throttle signal equals an overall faster increase in gas or faster to WOT.

It DOES not make your car more powerful in anyway, but it can make your reactions a little faster and pedal more sensitive, which MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE ITS FASTER.

I think its a great "mod" for someone who doesn't want to ACTUALLY mod their car.
No warranty issues. No changes to the engine, tune, etc. It just makes the car think you have a lead foot.

And it should work fine with tunes, though you'd probably have a very sensitive pedal as you'd have the programmed increase in throttle response from the tune + extra from the SprintBooster. But I think there may be a limit and that they 2 are not cummulative.

It would be a fun toy.... to tell someone you could make their car faster in 5 minutes with this small black thing in your hand... install it & tell them to go take a spin. Then take it back and not tell them what it was!
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:05 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

How bout this video http://youtu.be/rawvJop772E so basically the booster is doing the same thing just electronically no cables
Old 10-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #32
Staff

Regular
Staff

and I wonder if what some call throttle lag is just lack of torque (or from what I've read slow AT shifting programing) I still think most of the differance would be in feel not real power. I can't imagine it takes more than .1 secs to go from no gas to mat gas. I know my V6 MT has good engine response in fact my only issue (besides not V8) is throttle hang which I believe is for pollution reasons to burn all the gas in the manifold

Tommy, I see your mods (wicked nice ride) and wonder if your love of this is just your tuner gave you a non-sensative pedal? respect bro...
Old 10-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Would it be safe to imagine that your car would go quicker through rpms if coupled with pedalmax? Much like going from 3.31 to 3.55 gears if not more.

Would it also give smooth delivery of power? I don't know about 5.0 but in 3.7s, there's a little jerk around 3000k before it really starts pulling away.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 10-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Real or fake? Anyone tried this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Would it be safe to imagine that your car would go quicker through rpms if coupled with pedalmax? Much like going from 3.31 to 3.55 gears if not more.

Would it also give smooth delivery of power? I don't know about 5.0 but in 3.7s, there's a little jerk around 3000k before it really starts pulling away.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||

Not quicker threw rpms I doesn't not change power if you have 350 hp you will still have 350 same with tourqe and all it does is send the message that u pushed the gas to the ecu faster
Old 10-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Just watch that video of Eric the car guy how he explains the cable is loose basically same thing with the booster your tightening your cable (metaphorically we don't have cables)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang