Where do yall store CCWs in this thing? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #106
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello View Post
I have said nothing about "rights" as I stated already I am not against guns. I have plenty.

Your problem is with lawful concealed carry?
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
man read my comments if you want to call me out. I was simply just asking what situations yall find yourself in to feel the need to carry a gun on you. Its just annoying in my opinion is all I was saying lol carry your gun bro.
I find it annoying enough to bring my wallet, cell phone, keys ect.. let alone having a pistol on my side that I highly doubt I would ever need to pull.

Vig I will ask you the same question. In all your years, have you ever had to pull and fire upon someone?
Old 11-22-2014, 04:59 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
problem solved
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5282690925_1a08e331ba_z.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	170101  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Again, I need to ask the naysayers if they have insurance on their home or on their cars? Owning and carrying a gun is insurance should you ever need it. The hope is to never need to use it. I would sure hate to need a gun and not have one. I live in a golf course community and we have had break ins during the day. Good thing I work from home. Almost victimized a few years ago but...

Again, why have insurance? If you're a good driver, you have nothing to worry about right? You're paying all that money for something you never need. What's the point?

The biggest thing is, if you don't like guns, then don't get one, but why argue with those that do? I find it funny that the anti gunners say that we have so many dead people because of guns so we have to abolish all guns. What about abortion? There are many more innocent babies killed every year by another person than there are murders by gun. I don't see the anti gunner or the government fighting for the baby.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I rather have a gun and never have to pull it out on someone in my life than be in a situation where I need one and not have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #111
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I guess I don't find it annoying. I've been carrying for years. At work I carry a walkie and two PDAs at about 1/2lb each, along with my wallet, keys, knife, and phone. I'm just used to carrying things, so it's second nature to strap on a holster. In the past I have carried a Kel-Tec PF9 with the belt clip and I could actually forget it was there. I'm 6'4" and 270lbs, so a big semi-auto doesn't feel big to me while a S&W 642 can almost disappear in my front pocket.

I respect your right to not want to carry a gun. I sincerely hope you are never in a situation where you need one.

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
Old 11-22-2014, 09:04 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmoyer View Post
Again, I need to ask the naysayers if they have insurance on their home or on their cars? Owning and carrying a gun is insurance should you ever need it. The hope is to never need to use it. I would sure hate to need a gun and not have one. I live in a golf course community and we have had break ins during the day. Good thing I work from home. Almost victimized a few years ago but...

Again, why have insurance? If you're a good driver, you have nothing to worry about right? You're paying all that money for something you never need. What's the point?

The biggest thing is, if you don't like guns, then don't get one, but why argue with those that do? I find it funny that the anti gunners say that we have so many dead people because of guns so we have to abolish all guns. What about abortion? There are many more innocent babies killed every year by another person than there are murders by gun. I don't see the anti gunner or the government fighting for the baby.
"Someone I know what killed with a gun, so I can't be around them."

This is the most aggravating statement I hear. Several women close to me have been sexually assaulted- it doesn't mean I don't use my penis anymore.

If someone they know was shot, it seems safer and smarter to have an advanced way to defend ones self. Not that anyone here said it, this thread just made me think of that.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 11-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #113
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Where do yall store CCWs in this thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello View Post
Vig I will ask you the same question. In all your years, have you ever had to pull and fire upon someone?

No.

I also have an airbag in my car that's never been fired, but I feel safer knowing I have it.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Well just to let you know an airbag can kill you these days. So it might not be as safe as you think! Lol

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:31 PM   #115
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Well just to let you know an airbag can kill you these days. So it might not be as safe as you think! Lol

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.

Lol touché!
Old 11-23-2014, 09:58 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
The big problem with this study is.

He counted all gun incidents which included Police Shooting Criminals, Homeowners Shooting Burglars, Store owners shooting robbers, Suicides, Accidental shootings, and Hunting accidents.

The whole study was just a shameful farce.

If he broke it down to actual shooting events it would show that more people were using a firearm to protect either themselves or someone else then used by criminals.

The thing is: If you don't want a gun, Or even like Guns, Do you like the constitution?????? As long as you know that if the second amendment falls, The rest of your freedom is next. We already have lost the first amendment which used to be "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" If you don't think so, just say the wrong thing in public and see what happens. The old speaking your personal opinion is now better left not said depending on what your talking about and who hears you.

Back to the post:

You really don't need a large automatic for protection. The small North american arm 22LR works just fine. It is very small and easy to hide. Another choice is a Beretta 25 which is skinny and small.

Ronnie

I see. What about this study? Are all these children dying in areas with loose guns laws being killed because people are defending themselves?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11834986

This study also controls for outside factors like poverty and education.

As for "protecting our rights" and the second amendment in the Constitution ... just like slavery was once in the Constitution (it never was or is a perfect document), one day too the 2nd amendment will be gone as we advance and develop into a more enlightenment nation. Trust me, the government and its m1 tanks are not afraid of your glock when it's trying to determine what laws to pass (no disrespect to your glock). Rather we have this thing called representative democracy where we express our opinions by voting.

I'm glad this is an online forum ... It probably isn't smart of me to be making gun owners angry lol. (Just a joke ..)

Old 11-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreenmachine View Post
I see. What about this study? Are all these children dying in areas with loose guns laws being killed because people are defending themselves?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11834986

This study also controls for outside factors like poverty and education.

As for "protecting our rights" and the second amendment in the Constitution ... just like slavery was once in the Constitution (it never was or is a perfect document), one day too the 2nd amendment will be gone as we advance and develop into a more enlightenment nation. Trust me, the government and its m1 tanks are not afraid of your glock when it's trying to determine what laws to pass (no disrespect to your glock). Rather we have this thing called representative democracy where we express our opinions by voting.

I'm glad this is an online forum ... It probably isn't smart of me to be making gun owners angry lol. (Just a joke ..)

Wow.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 11-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #118
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

You better go back and read the constitution.

The Constitution neither authorized or prohibited slavery.
They were very careful about this very touchy subject and neither approved or condemned slavery. They did insure the American Indians would never be taxed.

As far as children playing with guns. If taught what a gun can do, and learn not to touch one if ever found. Some of the accidents would never happen.

There is no loose gun laws, There really are no "LOOSE" gun laws. Even here in Florida there are laws that make a gun owner responsible for keeping guns locked up and away from children.

As far as you not wanting to own a gun, It is fine with me. It is your right as an American to choose not to own one. But It is my right to own as many guns as I please.

Now, I gotta know.WHY DO YOU THINK YOUR RIGHT IS FINE BUT MY RIGHT IS NoT???????????????

Ronnie

PS: I think we are just having a friendly discussion and not an argument
Old 11-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They were very careful about this very touchy subject and neither approved or condemned slavery. They did insure the American Indians would never be taxed.

As far as children playing with guns. If taught what a gun can do, and learn not to touch one if ever found. Some of the accidents would never happen.

There is no loose gun laws, There really are no "LOOSE" gun laws. Even here in Florida there are laws that make a gun owner responsible for keeping guns locked up and away from children.

As far as you not wanting to own a gun, It is fine with me. It is your right as an American to choose not to own one. But It is my right to own as many guns as I please.

Now, I gotta know.WHY DO YOU THINK YOUR RIGHT IS FINE BUT MY RIGHT IS NoT???????????????

Ronnie

Very well spoken. I believe many incidents which occur could be avoided with proper gun education.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 11-23-2014, 05:24 PM   #120
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yes, 100% correct

That and a little discipline from some parents to teach their children not to touch certain things. Tools, Knives , Medication, strange dogs (includes any strange animal) are all very dangerous and harm or kill way more children then guns do.

When I was a kid my dad had a gun in the house and my brother and I was taught how to shoot it. My brother and I knew where he kept it and taught never ever to show it to friends or touch it.

Mom taught us about not touching any of the things I mentioned. We had pot belly coal stoves and was told never ever touch one or even get close to it.

But, in those wonderful days I could stand in the front or back seat while riding in a car, Ride in the back of a pick-up truck. Swim with the snakes and cow poop at Adams Dam.
Ronnie
Old 11-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ronnie

Yes, I agree that this is a friendly discussion, as you can see I love these kinds of discussions, they don't anger me at all.

I'm quite aware of what the Constitution has to say about slavery (I'm a history teacher). Slavery was a tricky topic, liberals pushed to end the practice while conservatives wanted to keep it. While it did not ever mention slavery as a result, it did recognize the legal existence of unfree labor when it stated in the 3/5 clause that unfree individuals would count as 3/5 of a person in those states' congressional representation. This clause was pushed by slave states to increase their representation in the government. Certainly not the kind of language of a perfect document. I was just simplifying things to show that the Constitution never was, or is a perfect document. It was a very progressive document for its day, but was certainly never intended by the framers to be a be all end all.

As for why I am against your right to own a gun, it's because people die as a result. I already cited a study showing that looser gun laws are statistically correlated with more gun deaths amongst children after controlling for outside factors. And some states do have looser gun laws, I would never dream of "carrying and concealing" here in NY.

Just saying people should take better care of their weapons doesn't cut it. Unfortunately there is no IQ test when purchasing a firearm. In fact, the NRA even opposes common sense gun safety laws like mandatory storage of firearms (NRA Asks: What Kind Of Idiot Would Keep His Gun In A Safe Where His Children Can’t Even Get To It? | Wonkette).

Quite simply, the US has more gun deaths per capita than other countries because guns are more available here - U.S. Has More Guns – And Gun Deaths – Than Any Other Country, Study Finds - ABC News. It's not because Americans are any crazier than Canadians (I've met quite a few wacky Canadians), it's because guns are more widely available. And please I don't want another person saying that these gun deaths are criminals being killed, the children being killed in the study I cited showing increased deaths amongst children with looser gun laws are not criminals.

Eventually, the US will catch up to other advanced industrialized nations and ban or significantly curtail guns. Just as we were one of the last western nations to ban slavery, we will be one of the last to ban guns, but it will happen. Australia just recently took a large number of guns off their streets - with predicable results, gun deaths declined - http://andrewleigh.org/pdf/GunBuyback_Panel.pdf.

By the way, I love this country and every criticism I have is geared towards improving our nation and moving us towards being a more "perfect union."
Old 11-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

And if there were no guns in the hands of law abiding citizens they would still find their way into the hands of criminals. And then what? when guns are banned will we ban cars.... Lots of deaths caused using those. Maybe we can ban all knives since those can be weapons. I mean seriously... people think "baby-proofing" this country will work. The problem is the disasociated youth that are unable to cope with the real world. Children no longer have true human interaction as they watch TV and play video games instead of going outside and making friends. Also the things they see in today's society has caused them to be desensitized to many things. It's not the gun, car, or knifes fault as they are merely tools. The human makes the decision on how to use the tool.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 11-23-2014, 06:20 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

This country will never be perfect. But what we need is to focus on fixing the broken homes and children growing up without parents.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 11-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
This country will never be perfect. But what we need is to focus on fixing the broken homes and children growing up without parents.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
True story. I won't even bring up drug tests to receive government benefits...

The issue is, of guns exist, we can't take them from law abiding citizens. As of 2008, there were over 1 billion known in the US.

In Tiewan, none of us would ever get a gun in the country- short of having a sub, missed by the radar, and unloaded. But why? EVERYONE IS ON BOARD. I don't think we need to adjust gun laws for law abiding citizens until we start enforcing stricter gun laws on criminals.

I like that each state has its own setup, like Europe as the US, and each country like a state. Cali? If you have three rounds within 100 feet of a gun, 15 years in prison!

In Ohio? We are giving teachers guns.

Taking away all of the firearms we know about from law abiding citizens will not help anything. It will just turn them into criminals, and make criminals more ambitious.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 11-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes, I agree that this is a friendly discussion, as you can see I love these kinds of discussions, they don't anger me at all.

I'm quite aware of what the Constitution has to say about slavery (I'm a history teacher). Slavery was a tricky topic, liberals pushed to end the practice while conservatives wanted to keep it. While it did not ever mention slavery as a result, it did recognize the legal existence of unfree labor when it stated in the 3/5 clause that unfree individuals would count as 3/5 of a person in those states' congressional representation. This clause was pushed by slave states to increase their representation in the government. Certainly not the kind of language of a perfect document. I was just simplifying things to show that the Constitution never was, or is a perfect document. It was a very progressive document for its day, but was certainly never intended by the framers to be a be all end all.

As for why I am against your right to own a gun, it's because people die as a result. I already cited a study showing that looser gun laws are statistically correlated with more gun deaths amongst children after controlling for outside factors. And some states do have looser gun laws, I would never dream of "carrying and concealing" here in NY.

Just saying people should take better care of their weapons doesn't cut it. Unfortunately there is no IQ test when purchasing a firearm. In fact, the NRA even opposes common sense gun safety laws like mandatory storage of firearms (NRA Asks: What Kind Of Idiot Would Keep His Gun In A Safe Where His Children Can’t Even Get To It? | Wonkette).

Quite simply, the US has more gun deaths per capita than other countries because guns are more available here - U.S. Has More Guns – And Gun Deaths – Than Any Other Country, Study Finds - ABC News. It's not because Americans are any crazier than Canadians (I've met quite a few wacky Canadians), it's because guns are more widely available. And please I don't want another person saying that these gun deaths are criminals being killed, the children being killed in the study I cited showing increased deaths amongst children with looser gun laws are not criminals.

Eventually, the US will catch up to other advanced industrialized nations and ban or significantly curtail guns. Just as we were one of the last western nations to ban slavery, we will be one of the last to ban guns, but it will happen. Australia just recently took a large number of guns off their streets - with predicable results, gun deaths declined - http://andrewleigh.org/pdf/GunBuyback_Panel.pdf.

By the way, I love this country and every criticism I have is geared towards improving our nation and moving us towards being a more "perfect union."
Well put! Thumbs.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #126
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The N.R.A. is 100% for safely storing all guns.

If you go to their web site you can see they do sell gun safes and many assorted lock boxes.
They also have a program that teaches children about firearms and what to do if a child comes across one while out playing.
It also teaches gun safety. It is called the"Eddie Eagle Gunsafe Program"
You should call 1 800 231 0752 to see if the program will come to your school.
Right now ,Guns are a way of life here in America and instructing children on how dangerous and foolish it is to have a gun in their hands would be a great learning tool.
Of course in Australia and England among other country's that banned all gun ownership the suicide rate went down as well as accidental shootings.
The problem is that in all of those countries actual armed robbery's and Car Jacking's as well as House crashing went sky high. Throw in the increase of just plain muggings and I'm sure all of the citizens feel much safer.
In Australia the gun deaths declined 10% but the death by knives went up 10% .

America is dangerous enough in some places and a gun is the best way to protect you and your family.

You can never stop a lunatic idiot from doing the things they do. If they don't have a gun they just use pipe bombs or malachite's to do their terrorism.

Here in Florida , Most all of the robbers go for the jiffy type stores and Hotel/Motel desks because they know that the employees are not armed.

Ronnie
Old 11-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The part of Texas where I live happens to be close to the border. Lately there have been kidnappings going on and a whole load of other things going on. By who? Mostly by people from Mexico coming into the United States. (Might actually be U.S. Citizens as well) Say the U.S. does get rid of guns or makes it hard to own a gun, what now? Those people from Mexico don't live by our rules. They smuggle weapons into the U.S. to do these crimes. These current events are what makes me carry a gun. Since I'm only 21 going on 22 next week and I'm not completely done with school, moving isn't an option. I never show my gun to anyone and no one is aware of the location of my gun on my person nor in my mustang. It gives me a sense of safety and security knowing I can defend myself, even if there are multiple attackers, at least I can pick off one or two before I go down in order to keep myself or my loved ones safe.

I feel taking away our rights to bare arms only leaves us vulnerable. Yes "that's why we have police to keep us safe" but they're not there all the time. By the time they show up, the shooting or robbery already happened and there may be casualties.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:20 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Thegreenmachine, you must be a public school history teacher. I don't know what history you teach or read, but the Republican Party was created when the Democrats wanted to extend slavery into the Kansas-Nebraska Territories and move westward. The Republican Party was created to stop the expansion of slavery. Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. The democratic party identified itself as "The White Man's Party". Let's also not forget that the KKK was made up of democrats, not republicans and the first Grand Dragon spoke at the Democratic National Convention in 1868.

Now as for the Constitution and slavery. After their experience with the British, the colonists distrusted a strong central government. The new national government consisted solely of a Congress in which each state had one vote.

With little power to execute its laws or collect taxes, the new government proved ineffective. In May 1787, 55 delegates from 12 states met in Philadelphia. Their goal was to revise the Articles of Confederation. Meeting in secret sessions, they quickly changed their goal. They would write a new Constitution. The outline of the new government was soon agreed to. It would have three branches — executive, judiciary, and a two-house legislature.

A dispute arose over the legislative branch. States with large populations wanted representation in both houses of the legislature to be based on population. States with small populations wanted each state to have the same number of representatives, like under the Articles of Confederation. This argument carried on for two months. In the end, the delegates agreed to the “Great Compromise.” One branch, the House of Representatives, would be based on population. The other, the Senate, would have two members from each state.

Part of this compromise included an issue that split the convention on North–South lines. The issue was: Should slaves count as part of the population? Under the proposed Constitution, population would ultimately determine three matters:

(1) How many members each state would have in the House of Representatives.
(2) How many electoral votes each state would have in presidential elections.
(3) The amount each state would pay in direct taxes to the federal government.

Only the Southern states had large numbers of slaves. Counting them as part of the population would greatly increase the South’s political power, but it would also mean paying higher taxes. This was a price the Southern states were willing to pay. They argued in favor of counting slaves. Northern states disagreed. The delegates compromised. Each slave would count as three-fifths of a person.

You twisted the words of the 3/5s rule to make it sound like the conservatives weren't giving blacks a full count. The conservatives wanted them to count as "1" since the south had so many it would help the south with power in the House of Reps. The Liberals didn't want them to count at all, so they compromised.

I love the way the Democrats today have twisted history to make the Republican party seem racist when history shows that it was the Democrats that wanted slavery and the white supremicist groups are made up of Democrats. Today's Democratic party is still holding the black communities hostage and the blacks believe the lies that the democrats are there to help them out.

Also, your argument that people die because of guns is ridiculous. There are more vehicular deaths annually then there are death by gun. More kids die in swimming pools each year than are killed by a gun. Medical malpractice causes more deaths annually than guns. Alcohol kills more people annually than guns. Smoking kills more people annually than guns do. If you're so worried about innocent people dying, then again, the same liberal party that wants my guns should abolish abortion! The liberals, progressives, democrats or whatever you want to call them are hypocrites across the board.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thegreenmachine, you must be a public school history teacher. I don't know what history you teach or read, but the Republican Party was created when the Democrats wanted to extend slavery into the Kansas-Nebraska Territories and move westward. The Republican Party was created to stop the expansion of slavery. Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. The democratic party identified itself as "The White Man's Party". Let's also not forget that the KKK was made up of democrats, not republicans and the first Grand Dragon spoke at the Democratic National Convention in 1868.

Now as for the Constitution and slavery. After their experience with the British, the colonists distrusted a strong central government. The new national government consisted solely of a Congress in which each state had one vote.

With little power to execute its laws or collect taxes, the new government proved ineffective. In May 1787, 55 delegates from 12 states met in Philadelphia. Their goal was to revise the Articles of Confederation. Meeting in secret sessions, they quickly changed their goal. They would write a new Constitution. The outline of the new government was soon agreed to. It would have three branches — executive, judiciary, and a two-house legislature.

A dispute arose over the legislative branch. States with large populations wanted representation in both houses of the legislature to be based on population. States with small populations wanted each state to have the same number of representatives, like under the Articles of Confederation. This argument carried on for two months. In the end, the delegates agreed to the “Great Compromise.” One branch, the House of Representatives, would be based on population. The other, the Senate, would have two members from each state.

Part of this compromise included an issue that split the convention on North–South lines. The issue was: Should slaves count as part of the population? Under the proposed Constitution, population would ultimately determine three matters:

Only the Southern states had large numbers of slaves. Counting them as part of the population would greatly increase the South’s political power, but it would also mean paying higher taxes. This was a price the Southern states were willing to pay. They argued in favor of counting slaves. Northern states disagreed. The delegates compromised. Each slave would count as three-fifths of a person.

You twisted the words of the 3/5s rule to make it sound like the conservatives weren't giving blacks a full count. The conservatives wanted them to count as "1" since the south had so many it would help the south with power in the House of Reps. The Liberals didn't want them to count at all, so they compromised.

I love the way the Democrats today have twisted history to make the Republican party seem racist when history shows that it was the Democrats that wanted slavery and the white supremicist groups are made up of Democrats. Today's Democratic party is still holding the black communities hostage and the blacks believe the lies that the democrats are there to help them out.

Also, your argument that people die because of guns is ridiculous. There are more vehicular deaths annually then there are death by gun. More kids die in swimming pools each year than are killed by a gun. Medical malpractice causes more deaths annually than guns. Alcohol kills more people annually than guns. Smoking kills more people annually than guns do. If you're so worried about innocent people dying, then again, the same liberal party that wants my guns should abolish abortion! The liberals, progressives, democrats or whatever you want to call them are hypocrites across the board.

I am a public high school history teacher with 2 years PHD level work . I clearly stated "this [3/5] clause was pushed by slave states to increase their representation in the government." Conservative slaveholders wanted slaves to count for representation even though they were denied voting rights to increase slave state clout. I'm not sure where we disagree here.

I stated that it was CONSERVATIVES that were pro- slavery, in favor as always of keeping the status quo and stunting the growth of this great country. As far as the history of the Democratic and Republican parties, you are right that in the 19th century the Republican Party was originally a liberal party and the Democratic Party was the conservative party. Abraham Lincoln for example was a liberal. This switched between 1900 - 1932, when the Republican Party became the conservative party and the Democratic Party became the liberal party. I'm not sure what point you were making though.

I've addressed the gun argument enough, but I would also add that your use of the term "the blacks" says enough ...

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Old 11-23-2014, 09:08 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Your quote, " Also, your argument that people die because of guns is ridiculous. "...is ridiculous.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #132
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Lets get back to the subject

Where do you keep your protection in your Mustang so it does not show.

The under the steering wheel is a good place but the gun can be seen when you open the drivers side door.
I'm wondering if you can use good quality Velcro to hold the holstered gun there while in the car and easily pull it off when you stop and open the door with people around.
I do keep my pepper spry there because it is instant access if I ever need to use it.
Ronnie
Old 11-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
About 40% of all violent crimes did Not Involve Firearms!.. That info is from the FBI Crime Stats for 2013!.. Not info biased ABC News!.. I also love how you say you want the U.S. to become More Enlightened!.. Say like in Europe or Australia!.. Yet in those countries Violent Crime has Sky Rocketed!.. So please continue to explain how your Ideology trumps my right to Protect my family!.. And contrary to popular belief, police are no longer there to Protect You from violent crime!.. They are there to merely clean up afterwards!..

Old 11-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Your quote, " Also, your agreement that people die because of guns is ridiculous. "...is ridiculous.
Ridiculous is taking the literal, simplistic interpretation. People have died FOR our right to bear arms, but no one dies because of it. Firearm deaths are attributed to negligence, malice, and often sheer accident and/or stupidity, but I submit that no person has ever died "because of guns" or because there is a Constitutional right to them lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dubbed "Lucinda" by my 5 year old daughter and co-pilot
Old 11-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itcouldbebobby View Post
Ridiculous is taking the literal, simplistic interpretation. People have died FOR our right to bear arms, but no one dies because of it. Firearm deaths are attributed to negligence, malice, and often sheer accident and/or stupidity, but I submit that no person has ever died "because of guns" or because there is a Constitutional right to them lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Let's just ban all guns right now!!!! Then there will be mass piece and harmony all over the world!.. Because we all know Guns make people do bad things!.. Lol.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
About 40% of all violent crimes did Not Involve Firearms!.. That info is from the FBI Crime Stats for 2013!.. Not info biased ABC News!.. I also love how you say you want the U.S. to become More Enlightened!.. Say like in Europe or Australia!.. Yet in those countries Violent Crime has Sky Rocketed!.. So please continue to explain how your Ideology trumps my right to Protect my family!.. And contrary to popular belief, police are no longer there to Protect You from violent crime!.. They are there to merely clean up afterwards!..
Violent crime in Europe has skyrocketed? - News to me ... http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...level-33-years

Also ... that's a lot exclamation marks!

Old 11-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Let's just ban all guns right now!!!! Then there will be mass piece and harmony all over the world!.. Because we all know Guns make people do bad things!.. Lol.

Lol, easy access to a gun makes dumb people do dumb things. Lol

Old 11-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol, easy access to a gun makes dumb people do dumb things. Lol

And stricter gun laws only make law abiding citizens easier targets!.. When was the last time you've heard of a Criminal Follow the law?.. Lol

Old 11-23-2014, 10:15 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Violent crime in Europe has skyrocketed? - News to me ... http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...level-33-years

Also ... that's a lot exclamation marks!

And you still have not answered how or why your Ideology trumps my right to protect my family!..

Old 11-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And you still have not answered how or why your Ideology trumps my right to protect my family!..

We both have ideologies whose goal is to protect your (and my) family ... we just see things differently.

Your point of view seems to be backed by anger and lots of exclamation points ... whereas my point of view uses statistics and evidence, and has proven things that you've said ("violent crime [in Europe] has skyrocketed") to be demonstrably false.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang