Where do yall store CCWs in this thing? - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #281
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmoyer View Post
I'm not a good debater, so I stepped back on this conversation, but I need to ask why Sakib, and many other anti-gun people, keep saying that assault weapons aren't needed? I know what you are referring to as an assault weapon, but aren't all weapons used for protection or assaulting someone?

According to the FBI, in 2012, there were only 332 deaths caused by a rifle of any kind. They also acknowledged that anti-gun groups have said that there was virtually no difference in statistics during the assault weapon ban of 1994-2004.

Approximately 11,000 people die each year from guns. Between 5000 - 6000 of those are between black males. That equates to inner city crime, gangs, drug dealers, etc. The other 49% include all the other races involved in those same crimes. An "Assault weapon" only shoots one bullet at a time, just like every other semi-automatic weapon. Rapid fire or full automatic weapons are not what the majority of the population own. Based on that, the so-called "assault-weapons" should include every hand gun made if they are using the AR-15 as a definition of "assault weapon".

Just because the weapon looks military grade, doesn't mean it functions identically. However, handguns used by the military are also sold to civilians. What make the military rifle any more dangerous than a military handgun in the possession of law abiding citizens?

I'd like to know why so many anti-gun folks fear the AR-15 style rifle and call it an "assault weapon"? It's a semi-automatic rifle! Look online for that and you'll find that there are hundreds of semi-auto rifles that look nothing like the military M16, but do the exact same thing.
You seem like a master debater to me.

(Lol, I just wanted to say that, PERFECT SETUP)

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #282
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
So, thread from the dead.

Today on the way home a car cut me off in traffic with no blinker and no warning. I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting him. I hit my horn to let him know, and received a one finger salute. When the lanes opened up again I passed him and again received the one finger salute. I drove home and noticed he was following me. I arrived at my apartment complex and parked directly in front of the office. He pulled up beside me and got out of his vehicle and proceeded to yell obscenities at me for about 30sec while I ignored him. Not sure he ever saw my hand on my Sig 9mm in the cupholders (black on black, so not much definition from more than a few feet away). Never had to pick it up, but if a guy is willing to follow somebody home and get out of his car to yell at them after he cut someone off, I wonder what other reactions he has. This is the reason for the original question in this thread.

I did immediately go into the office and have them call the on-site security officer to make a report should something happen in the future.

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
Old 05-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #283
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
So, thread from the dead.

Today on the way home a car cut me off in traffic with no blinker and no warning. I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting him. I hit my horn to let him know, and received a one finger salute. When the lanes opened up again I passed him and again received the one finger salute. I drove home and noticed he was following me. I arrived at my apartment complex and parked directly in front of the office. He pulled up beside me and got out of his vehicle and proceeded to yell obscenities at me for about 30sec while I ignored him. Not sure he ever saw my hand on my Sig 9mm in the cupholders (black on black, so not much definition from more than a few feet away). Never had to pick it up, but if a guy is willing to follow somebody home and get out of his car to yell at them after he cut someone off, I wonder what other reactions he has. This is the reason for the original question in this thread.

I did immediately go into the office and have them call the on-site security officer to make a report should something happen in the future.
And if he had a gun like so many of you do a shoot out might have ensued that could have killed you both over a finger......

Sent from LG G3.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang