Where do yall store CCWs in this thing? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Where do yall store CCWs in this thing?

Just curious. Coming from an SUV to the Mustang, space is now a premium. I regularly carry a 1911 on my hip, but used to keep a small Glock 27 in one of the pockets of my SUV console. Anyone have any creative suggestions? The 1911 isn't as comfy on my side in these seats so I'd want something I could leave in the car out of sight but accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
All that I can think of is either the glove box or the center console and locking them up. Only drawback is that you'd have to turn off your car and unlock the glove box/center console in order to get it and in situations where you'd need it, that's precious time you waste to get to the gun. Unless you keep it unlocked but that'd be easily accessible, say someone breaks into your car, that's the first place they'll look to steal items.

Maybe come up with some way to keep a holster attached to under the seat? Maybe with Velcro or something? It'll be out of sight and easily accessible from the drivers seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 10-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Hmm, I do use a Velcro system on the door inside my safe, will have to check out the bottom of the seats for clearance. I could always just keep a little .38 snubbie in the car, those can be had for $200 here and wouldn't be a big loss.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I am unclear exactly your intentions.

When I am locking gear up, I put it in the lock box.

Driving it stays on my hip, and I like to keep one just to the right of the parking brake, my Glock sits perfect and the others do okay. Though if there was a hit or an accident, then it would come out.

Some people I know just secured holsters under their seats. I like keeping it in the holster. They are not getting me out without unbuckling me, and it is a reasonable movement to reach there. The surprise comes after I reach...if it looks like you are grabbing a piece, they will shoot first. If you look like you are cooperating, you have a chance (the impression of armed robbery).

When traveling I keep it all separate. Hide one, under the spare tire or inside the sub box, one in my side bag, the open hip, the back up in person, and then car back up. But everyone is different.

PM me if you want to chat more on it, I only talk openly (on a forum...publicly...) About what can be seen- ya never know who's out there watching or planning.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #5

Region: Texas
I keep a S&W bodyguard in the door pocket in mine. In my F150 I keep a 1911 in a black hawk holster under the steering column. There just isn't much room in there cars for conceal carry.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
First get something smaller than a 1911. Second, wear holster under loose fitting shirt. If you going to leave it the car, underneath your passenger carpet in the back seat. Under the floor mat with one of the windshield covers over it. Make sure you don't have any phone charging cords or GPS cords sticking out.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:37 AM   #7
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Where do yall store CCWs in this thing?

My CCW is usually a .380, and that fits neatly anywhere I put it.

I have a holster that I have attached to the passenger seat back pocket that works well. Easy access and concealed.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:12 AM   #8
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

I guess I've gotten used to a 1911. I'm a big guy, 6'4" 270lbs, so a govt size 1911 doesn't bother me, or it didn't. I have been eyeing the Sig 1911 style .380 but if I have to chose between Borla exhaust and a new gun, the exhaust is gonna win out with my current armory. I'm more looking for a place to hide a subcompact pistol that's not the glovebox or console. Neither of those is easily accessible without being obvious. I'm always aware of my surroundings but have had to draw twice in my life from the vehicle holster, and I'm not sure I could have achieved the same speed from a holster while seated.

Many companies will make vehicle specific holsters and I was curious if there was one for the Mustang?

Old 10-19-2014, 02:26 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I carry a glock 42 inside the pants holster pretty much wherever I go. I'm in law enforcement so you never know who may recognize you and test you or try to catch me slipping so to say. I try to have it on me at all times even in gym clothes. Call me paranoid but I call it prepared. Would like to find a way to have a back up weapon tucked away somewhere though. Id like to see what people have come up with.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

FiveO, I feel you. Not LE but was in loss prevention for a number of years in rough cities dealing with gang activity, and have had my life threatened more times than I'd like to count by people whom I take seriously. Like you said, never know who may recognize you at a stop light. Not paranoia, just preparedness. I guess it's the Boy Scout in me who would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Do the back seats have pockets? I honestly haven't checked. I got the Premium with leather seats and my driver seat is flat up against the back seat, so I haven't even thought about the passenger side being within reach.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:09 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
FiveO, I feel you. Not LE but was in loss prevention for a number of years in rough cities dealing with gang activity, and have had my life threatened more times than I'd like to count by people whom I take seriously. Like you said, never know who may recognize you at a stop light. Not paranoia, just preparedness. I guess it's the Boy Scout in me who would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Do the back seats have pockets? I honestly haven't checked. I got the Premium with leather seats and my driver seat is flat up against the back seat, so I haven't even thought about the passenger side being within reach.
Not sure. I have the recaro seats in mine. Its currently in the body shop. Having some leathers put on them while it is in the shop.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:51 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry it's so dirty, I don't really detail it much. Didn't know how to PM these back to you.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1413723004106.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	168079   Click image for larger version

Name:	1413723021896.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	168080  

Name:	1413723034203.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	168081   Click image for larger version

Name:	1413723049219.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	168082  

Name:	1413723060238.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	168083  

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Holy crap......glad I live in Canada.lol

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I'd say 98% of CCW owners can be trusted with a firearm. Very rarely is an educated individual directly involved with a negligent shooting. It's the people who are breaking laws and/or uneducated who give everyone else a bad name.

What's so great about Canada, ehh? Lol

Old 10-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Holy crap......glad I live in Canada.

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.

Glad I don't....

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 10-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I just gotta say this first !!!!

If there were no guns-There would be "NO" crime.

Just ask FastFord13, He lives in Canada. They have "NO" guns and they have no crime at all. Chicago, New Your City, Washington DC all of Maryland and New Jersey also have no guns and "NO CRIME at all. DUH !!!!
See, I guess you thought I was kidding.

Now Really, Just get a North American Arms 22LR and just keep it in the door panel storage. It is deadly, easy to use, in the door panel it is very easy to get to. I keep one in my pocket and one in the car. I just hope I never have a need to use either one.

If any of you have not joined the N.R.A. you really need to join. We need the numbers to keep our 2nd. amendment from falling like the first one is going.

Ronnie
Old 10-19-2014, 10:03 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I'd say 98% of CCW owners can be trusted with a firearm. Very rarely is an educated individual directly involved with a negligent shooting. It's the people who are breaking laws and/or uneducated who give everyone else a bad name.

What's so great about Canada, ehh? Lol

Good point, I'm just not a fan of guns.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Good point, I'm just not a fan of guns.

That's fair, and no judgment on it. If there were really NO guns, as in they didn't exist, I'd be fine with not having one. But someone will either make one, steal one, or just buy a flare gun from Walmart.

Unfortunately we are in a pit of violence we will [probably] never get out of. Even if one doesn't like them, I hope you know or learn about them in a crisis situation (God forbid) that it may be needed- active shooter, so on.

Even if you don't like them, when ones house it being broken into, sitting in the corner on the phone with 911, having that gun can save you from that murderer/drug addict/what have you.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
That's fair, and no judgment on it. If there were really NO guns, as in they didn't exist, I'd be fine with not having one. But someone will either make one, steal one, or just buy a flare gun from Walmart.

Unfortunately we are in a pit of violence we will [probably] never get out of. Even if one doesn't like them, I hope you know or learn about them in a crisis situation (God forbid) that it may be needed- active shooter, so on.

Even if you don't like them, when ones house it being broken into, sitting in the corner on the phone with 911, having that gun can save you from that murderer/drug addict/what have you.

Absolutely agreed 100%! I have family in Vermont and Texas that were born and raised in Canada up until about 15 years ago and both have guns now for protection. I absolutely get why its needed in the U.S, and I'm not hating on it what so ever, its probably something that won't/can't change because of the sheer amount that are already there. Our laws up here are very strict on firearms, that being said we don't live in a perfect world either when it comes to firearm related injuries or deaths, no country will ever be, but I do feel gun related "safer."

You'll probably laugh but I or anyone I know hasn't even held a pistol. Even if someone broke in and I had a pistol I'd probably have better luck beating him with a hockey stick. Lol. So far I'm happy we haven't adopted the same idea of everyone should have a gun to protect them selves from others that have a gun, but its a crazy world we live in and anything can change.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
If there were no guns-There would be "NO" crime.

Just ask FastFord13, He lives in Canada. They have "NO" guns and they have no crime at all. Chicago, New Your City, Washington DC all of Maryland and New Jersey also have no guns and "NO CRIME at all. DUH !!!!
See, I guess you thought I was kidding.

Ronnie

Yes Ronnie your absolutely correct! :Roll eyes:
Another useful post........ Keep them coming!

Old 10-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #21
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

I guess I'm the opposite. I am a fan of guns. I have some for protection, some for hunting, and some for grins. I have absolutely no practical use for a 7.5" AR pistol, but every time I shoot it I'm grinning ear to ear.

Didn't mean for this to turn into a debate, and thanks for the input UltArc, but I'd be in need of something more permanent and less visible.

Family photo. Bottom is my daily carry.

Old 10-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
I guess I'm the opposite. I am a fan of guns. I have some for protection, some for hunting, and some for grins. I have absolutely no practical use for a 7.5" AR pistol, but every time I shoot it I'm grinning ear to ear.

Didn't mean for this to turn into a debate, and thanks for the input UltArc, but I'd be in need of something more permanent and less visible.

Family photo. Bottom is my daily carry.
My family, as well as I, have a lot of guns. The new Smith and Wesson M&P10 really got my interest. Good hunting/defense rifle. I'll buy that after I get some of the mods for my GT. I'll put a foregrip, a bipod, and a hybrid sight on the M&P10 when I do get it.

My CCW will be an M&P40C, or M&P45C.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I would say quick draw holster right under the steering column would be your best bet.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveO View Post
I carry a glock 42 inside the pants holster pretty much wherever I go. I'm in law enforcement so you never know who may recognize you and test you or try to catch me slipping so to say. I try to have it on me at all times even in gym clothes. Call me paranoid but I call it prepared. Would like to find a way to have a back up weapon tucked away somewhere though. Id like to see what people have come up with.
If you are scared, maybe you should look into finding a different career.

Here in CA, if I were to get caught with a loaded firearm in my car, without a permit (Which are EXTREMELY difficult to obtain in most counties), I'd be going to jail.
When transporting firearms the weapon and the ammunition must be separated by lock and key... Meaning if the gun is in the car, the ammunition must be locked in the glove box or the trunk.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #25
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

In Louisiana your vehicle is part of your home and you don't need a permit to carry in the car. Concealed is a different story and requires a permit; it also requires 6mo of citizenship and then a class and a bit of waiting for background checks to clear.

In Alabama where I moved from, you went to the sherrif's office, filled out some paperwork, and left with your permit 15min later.

It isn't being scared, it's being preparred. Does your car have a spare tire? If you're scared of getting a flat maybe you should only drive on runflats.

Old 10-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Australia also has no gun laws

https://www.google.com/search?q=Crim...2F%3B539%3B515

Ronnie
Old 10-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
In Louisiana your vehicle is part of your home and you don't need a permit to carry in the car. Concealed is a different story and requires a permit; it also requires 6mo of citizenship and then a class and a bit of waiting for background checks to clear.

In Alabama where I moved from, you went to the sherrif's office, filled out some paperwork, and left with your permit 15min later.

It isn't being scared, it's being preparred. Does your car have a spare tire? If you're scared of getting a flat maybe you should only drive on runflats.
You are correct!

From now on, whenever I get in an airplane, I'm going to wear a parachute...
Not scared. PREPARED!
Old 10-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Lol, I see you don't disappoint.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ted_death_rate

Sorry guys, should have p.m him with this instead of posting here as his and my post are for each other. I will from now on in the future.

Old 10-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #29
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

That might not do anything, but statistically you could pick your seat based on crash survival probability if it makes you feel better (the back of the plane is safest). Howabout if you wear a seatbelt? Surely you don't plan to get into a wreck every time you get in your car, but I bet you still buckle up (and don't get me started on seatbelt laws, I think not wearing a belt is just adding a little chlorine to the gene pool). This wasn't intended to be a debate on carry/non-carry. I am looking for other ideas for where people store their firearms while driving. So far I'm liking the holster under the seat, and will have to check some stuff out to see what kind of retention I could have.

Old 10-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #30
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I would say quick draw holster right under the steering column would be your best bet.
I was thinking the same. Something like this:

Sent from the Death Star.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
Old 10-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Lol.
If I had it my way, we would all be carrying .45's on our hips like in the old west. People were a lot more respectful towards one another when everybody was armed...Including Law Enforcement.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
I was thinking the same. Something like this:

Sent from the Death Star.
Yep literally exactly that
Old 10-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Lol.
If I had it my way, we would all be carrying .45's on our hips like in the old west. People were a lot more respectful towards one another when everybody was armed...Including Law Enforcement.
I agree to this.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #34
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The only big problem I see with that is:

As soon as the drivers door is opened the gun is totally exposed to anyone just walking past at the time. I keep my pepper spray there and it can be seen.

The N.R.A. store sells the clip on your picture.

Ronnie
Old 10-19-2014, 03:54 PM   #35
ME Bloodhound
Staff

When I saw the title of this was thinking CCW wheels lol

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang