About to load up my "revised Bama tunes" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
About to load up my "revised Bama tunes"

Alright guys When I first purchased my tuner for my 14 auto I ran strictly BAMA tunes on 91 s,p,r and was satisfied with the immediate gains over stock. After a few months I began to want more and noticed my throttle response wasn't what I was reading others had(with similar mods) so I dug deeper and discovered MPT. So I bit the bullet and purchased an MPt Race tune with all the bells and whistles(race trans, 91 oct, and race engine setting) and was BLOWN AWAY by the difference between my bama tunes I was running previously. But in the back of my head I really wished bama would release something that could compete with these MPT tunes because I have the benefit of the free tunes for life program with them so I gave the forums a break for another couple of months and come to find out they have! Bama has released "revised tunes" for our v6 ponys and the first thing I did was submit my order for a new set.

So here I am today uploading the tune files to my sctx4 and I'm just curious if anyone else was in the same boat As I was in and had anything good to say about these new revised tunes that I should be looking forward to experiencing.

What kind of gains have you guys seen with these new tunes? Are they night and day from the old formula?

Let me know your guys's experiences and I'll update this thread after I put some miles on her this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Prezona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Running the new 91r from Bama, very happy with the results. I'm aware that MPT is probably more aggressive but from what I get from my Bama 91 keeps me quite happy. It was a significant difference between the old and the new tune. That being said my mpgs have suffered a little from the new tune, but I'm not in the tuning world to save every mpg possible anyways lol. Hope you enjoy!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Running the new 91r from Bama, very happy with the results. I'm aware that MPT is probably more aggressive but from what I get from my Bama 91 keeps me quite happy. It was a significant difference between the old and the new tune. That being said my mpgs have suffered a little from the new tune, but I'm not in the tuning world to save every mpg possible anyways lol. Hope you enjoy!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Right on man! Yeah as long as there is a difference between the old and the new bama tunes I'll be happy! I'm looking forward to doing a comparison between this new set and my MPT.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'm running the Bama 93 Hybrid with a Fuse 47 relay disconnect. Does anyone know if the "revised" Bama tunes are better than the Hybrid?

Hopefully, someone from 'Bama or AM will chime in here. Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Just ordered my revised bama tune today as well! Can't wait!

iantrusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #6
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey Brandon! Long time no see! I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised with the new batch they've been cooking up over at the Bama Camp. I stopped by and spoke with a few of the guys that were working on yours and took a look at the tune sheet you submitted as well. I noticed that you made some comments about getting as much low end grunt as possible and I think they successfully achieved this based on what I saw! Keep us in the loop what you're experiencing and make sure to get some miles on her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Running the new 91r from Bama, very happy with the results...
Hey Fast! Thanks for sharing this with us! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your Bama tune as much as I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
I'm running the Bama 93 Hybrid with a Fuse 47 relay disconnect. Does anyone know if the "revised" Bama tunes are better than the Hybrid? Hopefully, someone from 'Bama or AM will chime in here. Inquiring minds want to know.
Hey Ted-Great question and I'll be as transparent as possible here; Bama can and will work with you to make sure that you're beyond satisfied with your setup and if there's an area that you think could be improved they're happy to datalog and make adjustments where possible.

In regards to it being better than one tune or another I want to make it clear that there's no one specific tune out there that's being distributed to a select few i.e. hybrid/beta/prototype/preliminary/Darth Vader Tune What I'm getting at is no one tune is going to be better than the other! Someone may not like the performance tune and love the race tune and vice versa. I hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iantrusive View Post
Just ordered my revised bama tune today as well! Can't wait!

Awesome! Keep me in the loop if you have any questions! Let me know if you don't have our Discount Code either and I'll get you set up!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:08 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Brandon! Long time no see! I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised with the new batch they've been cooking up over at the Bama Camp. I stopped by and spoke with a few of the guys that were working on yours and took a look at the tune sheet you submitted as well. I noticed that you made some comments about getting as much low end grunt as possible and I think they successfully achieved this based on what I saw! Keep us in the loop what you're experiencing and make sure to get some miles on her!

Hey Fast! Thanks for sharing this with us! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your Bama tune as much as I am!

Hey Ted-Great question and I'll be as transparent as possible here; Bama can and will work with you to make sure that you're beyond satisfied with your setup and if there's an area that you think could be improved they're happy to datalog and make adjustments where possible.

In regards to it being better than one tune or another I want to make it clear that there's no one specific tune out there that's being distributed to a select few i.e. hybrid/beta/prototype/preliminary/Darth Vader Tune What I'm getting at is no one tune is going to be better than the other! Someone may not like the performance tune and love the race tune and vice versa. I hope this helps!

Awesome! Keep me in the loop if you have any questions! Let me know if you don't have our Discount Code either and I'll get you set up!

Alex

how do I get these revised tunes? I got my tuner around 2-3 months ago.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #8
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
how do I get these revised tunes? I got my tuner around 2-3 months ago.

Hey! I would personally assure you that what you're running is the most up to date tunes and if you'd like Bama to datalog your setup they're happy to do so but I think what you're running is perfect!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

UPDATE: So I have driven a little over a 150 miles with the revised tunes so far and have definitely noticed a positive difference compared to the previous formula. I have split my testing up between the performance and race tunes and I have to say that the performance seems to be a lot more responsive to me.

99% of my driving consists of city streets and from stop light to stop light in getting the most grunt and throttle response from the performance tune. The street tune to me, doesn't give me a kick in the *** unless I let the RPM's climb to about the 5k mark. Now I am aware with or engines we typically are to expect our performance to come from the higher end of the spectrum, but with the performance tune it gives me a consistent seat of your pants feel throughout the band.

So when I submitted my tune order I mentioned that I was looking to gain low end grunt overall and the performance delivers that for me.

I will update this thread at 500 miles in to announce how the tunes fare against the adaptive shift control "feature"(more like bane of our existence) our beloved ponies were cursed with.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:58 AM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Good write up and feed back.

As far as the adaptive shifting is concerned, you can either pull fuse #47 for 10-15 minutes every week or 2, or there's a hard wired mod on the forum you can search for that works as well. To my knowledge, that is the only work around for the adaptive shifting. Anyway, please keep us updated on any future developments, and thanks for the input.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang