procharger supercharger - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
procharger supercharger

for those who have already installed this beautiful piece of machinery... my question goes: what other unforeseen mods will I need to make?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2014, 10:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Lol bro I thought this was covered a few weeks ago in a separate thread. Oh wells.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Things needed for FI

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Daveauth21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

this thread is not answering the question: basically if I install a procharger supercharger kit what else would I need to do to my car whther it be now or a year from now because of the install

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Old 10-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If you purchase a complete kit everything needed is there. Only thing that would be greatly beneficial would be a dyno tune. What year and type of transmission do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 10-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

procharger supercharger

Fyi, my car will have dual catch cans,full exhaust,3.85 pulley,65lb injectors and a good dyno tune. Lower control arms will help with traction as will drag radicals.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

14 base v6 only performance mods are exhaust CAI ad tune nothing else. everything else is stock... if the procharger will cause wear and tear (I'm not gonna drive it hard, but I'm concerned that wear and tear will be coming sooner rather than later w this piece of fine machinery.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:36 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Procharger supercharger 2014 v6

I'm too lazy to type it up again, check this thread where I have posted previously as to what you 'might' need.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

so a 5k investment will actually cost a couple of thousand more? wth

Old 10-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Just go turbo, there is a reason everyone who had the procharger on the v6 took it off, it's not worth the money, actually pretty depressing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Just go turbo, there is a reason everyone who had the procharger on the v6 took it off, it's not worth the money, actually pretty depressing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
depressing as in power gains and more and more mods required? I will have to research more on turbo. My initial thoughts have been go supercharger as install is a breeze, but I'm afraid my stock car (as a direct result of more power) is going to need way way more modifications.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I thing all 3.7s should upgrade to a one piece driveshaft. The clutch will need to be replace soon or later(just the nature of the beast),at least one catch can and a oil drain line(to make life easier)for the procharger. It's hard to say you only need the purchase the kit and that's it .There are other aspects of the car that needs upgrades as well but not 100% necessary. For instance control arms and tires are not completely necessary buy without them you'll bounce and spin all day long.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveauth21 View Post
Fyi, my car will have dual catch cans,full exhaust,3.85 pulley,65lb injectors and a good dyno tune. Lower control arms will help with traction as will drag radicals.

Why two catch cans, and how do you plan on routing them ...
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

One on each side, passenger side valve cover to intake manifold. Driver side valve cover to procharger air inlet tube. I want to catch as much oil as I can. The way procharger has the driver's side pvc line running from valve cover to inlet tube letting blow by oil enter the procharger then enter the intercoller.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Just making sure you realized the Drivers side would only ever make a difference at WOT. Also, keep an eye on the check valve they send you on the passenger side, a buddy of mine had his fail and was actually boosting the crankcase.

What we did in his case was route both valve covers to a single catch can, then tie that into the intake. This way, the IM was capped off and there was no need for a check valve, and the intake would actively pull a vacuum on the crankcase at WOT eliminating any potential CC pressure. Worked very well in his case, and even during daily driving the nature of the procharger will put vacuum on the crankcase. You could possibly save some money (or time and effort) and just go with 1 large can instead of two. Just something to think about.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks I'll look into that, I currently have two JLT catch cans sitting in my garage.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

procharger supercharger

Double post
Old 10-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

any one know how much twin screw would cost or if available on v6?

Old 10-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
any one know how much twin screw would cost or if available on v6?

There is no positive displacement blower option. The 60 degree configuration doesn't work
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:42 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
i reccomend getting the tuner kit getting your own injectors and taking it to get dynotuned. my car made 406rwhp and 336rwtq on 6lbs with my auto

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:00 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
for those who have already installed this beautiful piece of machinery... my question goes: what other unforeseen mods will I need to make?

Dyno tune is a MUST for any extra modifications. And your going to need more anti-freeze. Along w/ typically a wideband air sensor of some sort since our cars don't come w/ it from the factory.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandy.zachary1 View Post
Dyno tune is a MUST for any extra modifications. And your going to need more anti-freeze. Along w/ typically a wideband air sensor of some sort since our cars don't come w/ it from the factory.

The car is equipped with a factory wideband, that's the reason we can tune via email; because the tuner has access to a live readout of the AFR. The car does not come with a gauge to display AFR however, if that's what you meant.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fastford View Post
i reccomend getting the tuner kit getting your own injectors and taking it to get dynotuned. my car made 406rwhp and 336rwtq on 6lbs with my auto

do u have some clips or videos that i can see of the setup and/or you using ur car?

Old 10-23-2014, 10:20 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=2011fastford&sm=3

there's a lot of videos on my youtube channel feel free to check em out

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang