Better sound but not void warranty - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2014, 12:12 AM   #1

Region: Florida
Better sound but not void warranty

Hi I am looking to make a mod to my 2014 v6 premium mustang to make it sound louder/better, does anyone know of something I can do that will not void my warranty? (And it is a lease)
Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
YTMUSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2014, 12:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Alxebacks?

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-22-2014, 02:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Axle backs for sure. Easy to put on and easy to take off. Research around but it's recommended you hear it in person. Most YouTube videos don't do certain axle backs justice. Also it depends on how long they have been on since they have a "breakin" period. My personal choice is the Borla S-types. A bit pricey but they make the v6 sound deep. Not too loud but you can make lots of noise if you want.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2014, 03:41 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
The only warranty that would be voided is the exhaust itself. It would be difficult, if not impossible for Ford to exempt your warranty on the rest of the Mustang if you install a set of axleback mufflers.

Some here have said that some dealers have had issues with engine warranty's when a tune was installed. technically, they would be correct. However, many tuner companies work closely with Ford and state they stand behind their tunes, and would back you if their tune caused any issues with the engine, causing you to make a warranty claim.

Always check with your local Ford service advisor, and the manufacturer of the performance part. American Muscle, one of our site sponsors can assist you with warranty issues on parts that they sell.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:06 AM   #5
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
CAI's sound better for the driver & axlebacks for the pedestrian. Since it's a lease save the OEM's and take off the new stuff IF you turn the car in after lease. Buying used CAN save $.

+1 on Bucko about most dealers shouldn't care about those but tunes are differant. I suggest talking with the dealer you intend to get it serviced at. Go to your sales person 1st as you want all the friends you can have at a dealership and say Hi to them whenever you go in.

enjoy the ride.

I dig the whitey referance
Old 10-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by YTMUSTANG View Post
Hi I am looking to make a mod to my 2014 v6 premium mustang to make it sound louder/better, does anyone know of something I can do that will not void my warranty? (And it is a lease)

Set of axlebacks and done.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Set of axlebacks and done.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Correctomundo, my friend. I first installed an Airaid CAI and the sound was minor at best, great eye candy though. When I installed the Borla S-types, holy crap, what a would of difference. Go with a set of axlebacks and you're good to go. Have fun researching.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Do you want it to sound better in your car... to impress your riders?

Then you can add a sound pipe from a 5.0L.

I have one that I took off my car. I'll sell it to you. PM me if you're interested.
It actually makes a noticeable difference even with all of the baffles in, I'd bet with a few of them removed it would be much more noticeable. When I'd talk to people on the phone before, they would notice when I accelerated hard... "Oh I can tell you're in your mustang today. Its loud" etc. With the sound pipe off, callers don't hear the engine noise nearly as much.

Sound better outside... axlebacks... Ford Racing Sport Mustang Axle-Back M-5230-MV6LA (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping They're Ford parts.... so it would be hard to argue that they caused an issue!
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:06 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by YTMUSTANG View Post

Any axel back will do the trick. Just depends what sound your going for. If you want a deeper sound try Bassani, pypes pipe bombs aren't bad as well if your still catted.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:18 AM   #10

Region: Texas
I personally installed the roush axelbacks and I'm definitely digging the sound. huge upgrade over the stock sound lol
kappasig_eptx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang