Virtual Dyno - Compare your tunes - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Yeah I received an email from mpt this morning, I did write back using their last email to me.

What makes you say Ken ain't their lead calibrator no more? Like did they tell you your tunes will be written by xyz person? Reason being the email I received regarding my datalogs for 80mm throttle body was from Ken, and it was this past friday.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Well when I got an email yesterday it was from JR Rodriguez, the last time I emailed them I got a reply from Ken Osborne. So I don't know. Hopefully he is still there.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2014, 02:59 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Did you get a chance to do it last night?
No been working late and just been exhausted when I get home. Will try tonight.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
Old 10-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Well when I got an email yesterday it was from JR Rodriguez, the last time I emailed them I got a reply from Ken Osborne. So I don't know. Hopefully he is still there.

He is, like I said in my previous post, Ken just sent me a tune revision last week.
mariusvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
He is, like I said in my previous post, Ken just sent me a tune revision last week.
Ok good to know thanks.. How was your tune revision after you sent them the log?

Old 10-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok good to know thanks.. How was your tune revision after you sent them the log?

Car pulls strong, just sent them a log of my v3 of my tune. It's pretty close to being dialed in I suspect.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
Car pulls strong, just sent them a log of my v3 of my tune. It's pretty close to being dialed in I suspect.
Nice now I'm excited.. Can't wait to get them.. I got my tune after I put my shorty headers, and my x pipe don't know if it makes any difference but I'm hoping it would. Did you do some mods that's why you ask for revision?

Old 10-28-2014, 04:44 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Ya a data log is always nice...I still need to do one more i think to really get the car feeling the way i want it.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:10 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
if MPT 3 is where you did the multiple gear pulls, then no I cannot, because the software will only accept 3rd or 4th gear, and if you shift into 1 of those gears instead of starting at low rpms it will be whacky as well. You basically have to treat this like a dyno pull: Start, WOT, Stop.
It won't allow me to do a second gear pull? Damn this is going to be hard to do lol

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
They have bunch of people with monitoring mail box we send our datalogs too. Sometimes it's Chris Diaz, sometimes it's Ken, and this time it was JR Rodriguez who sent me a confirmation email.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:23 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
They have bunch of people with monitoring mail box we send our datalogs too. Sometimes it's Chris Diaz, sometimes it's Ken, and this time it was JR Rodriguez who sent me a confirmation email.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Yep, this. I almost always get Ken, but I have had the other 2 once each.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:26 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I need to work on my datalogs. virtual dyno had me over 1000 hp. Fastest 3.7 virtually speaking lol.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice now I'm excited.. Can't wait to get them.. I got my tune after I put my shorty headers, and my x pipe don't know if it makes any difference but I'm hoping it would. Did you do some mods that's why you ask for revision?

Any of the tuners build a custom tune for your car with your mods and its pretty good right from the go. But what they can't do when they create that initial tune is account for the quality of gas, how your car responds to those changes, what is still left on the table, etc.

So no, no mod changes, just dialing it in for my car. My mods are very simple: Steeda Intake, BBK TB on the motor then 3.55', Aluminum Driveshaft and BMR LCAs. I might add shorty headers down the road but I'm undecided. It's only like $20 after the initial 6 months for MPT to do further revisions.
mariusvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by fission View Post
I need to work on my datalogs. virtual dyno had me over 1000 hp. Fastest 3.7 virtually speaking lol.

What gear did you do your run in? Lol it showed 720 max hp in case, and it picked this number while I was pushing her in gear 1 or 2 i believe.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What gear did you do your run in? Lol it showed 720 max hp in case, and it picked this number while I was pushing her in gear 1 or 2 i believe.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
It was 3rd. I'm looking at the script I wrote to parse the datalog now. I messed up the time while cropping it.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
It was 3rd. I'm looking at the script I wrote to parse the datalog now. I messed up the time while cropping it.

Is yours an Auto? When we had my GFs old auto it had us reading well over 700+ whp because the gearing is different.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is yours an Auto? When we had my GFs old auto it had us reading well over 700+ whp because the gearing is different.
No mt82 3.31s. It was a coding error on my side.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No mt82 3.31s. It was a coding error on my side.

Ah, if you've got a clean graph do you mind posting it up? It will be interesting to see where everyone is sitting and start establishing some baselines.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:00 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I am in works with the developer of this software to have support for the autos here shortly
Old 10-28-2014, 09:11 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Does this application support V8 cars?
Old 10-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like you have a 2010 GT? Yes, that is supported.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Looks like you have a 2010 GT? Yes, that is supported.
Excellent. Looking forward to using it once auto tranny support has been implemented.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Thanks for the info man, I'm scheduled a tuning run in the next couple of weeks and it'll be interesting to run a comparison between the two!
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:37 PM   #58

Region: Missouri
Hey guys I wrote the software ... Im working on adding 2011-2013 V6 3.7s tonight.
bbarnhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:48 PM   #59

added the V6 2011-2013 ... let me know if any of the car information in the car editor looks off (File -> Car Editor). Im in contact with Voltwings so if you have anything let him know and he will let me know what to fix.

Thanks and I hope you guys like the software and find it useful.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome to have the developer on board, welcome to MEVO.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:04 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Awesome to have the developer on board, welcome to MEVO.
+1. That is awesome!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JR4288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:25 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ah, if you've got a clean graph do you mind posting it up? It will be interesting to see where everyone is sitting and start establishing some baselines.
yeah i am off tomorrow. I will try to get some more logs. Get better numbers.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-29-2014, 12:42 AM   #63

Nice to be here. Owned a 2007 GT500 before the truck I have now (wifes decision). If you guys need more cars added or find any of them to be incorrect please feel free to let me know. I dont check the forums that much but you can find me via VD's Facebook or the ole trusty email.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:48 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I've downloaded the application and am a little confused.

The 2010 'GT 5.0' submodel is a little inaccurate; the 2010 GT has the same engine and transmission from 2005-2009 GT (4.6). The final gearing correctly reads 3.31 for 05-09 GT auto's but incorrectly reads 3.15 for the 10 GT auto's.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:00 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going to attempt to virtually dyno my car in the next few days, but have a few questions hopefully someone can help with.

I'm assuming for auto cars, we start in D1, manually shift up to D2, then to D3. From there, approach 2500 rpm then floor it until the rev limiter lights up on the dash then let off the throttle.

Is that correct? Do I start logging once I'm in D3, or should I just start logging before driving, then trimming the file (which I'm not sure I know how to do)?

I've never done anything like this before. As for PID's I'm going to log what my tuner suggested in LiveLink Gen II:

Quote:
Short term fuel trim bank 1&2
Long term fuel trim bank 1&2
Lambse bank 1&2
Measured AFR bank 1&2
MAF Frequency
MAF flow rate #/min
Knock sensor
Spark Advance V2
Throttle angle actual
Throttle angle desired
RPM
ECT DegF
Load
Torque Source
Variable Valve Timing exhaust bank 1
Variable Valve Timing intake bank 1
Old 10-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've downloaded the application and am a little confused.

The 2010 'GT 5.0' submodel is a little inaccurate; the 2010 GT has the same engine and transmission from 2005-2009 GT (4.6). The final gearing correctly reads 3.31 for 05-09 GT auto's but incorrectly reads 3.15 for the 10 GT auto's.
You can type in the final drive and it will change the graph accordingly, the final drive is not hard coded. Same with tire height, temperature, occupancy weight... its a very versatile program.

Quote:
I'm going to attempt to virtually dyno my car in the next few days, but have a few questions hopefully someone can help with.

I'm assuming for auto cars, we start in D1, manually shift up to D2, then to D3. From there, approach 2500 rpm then floor it until the rev limiter lights up on the dash then let off the throttle.

Is that correct? Do I start logging once I'm in D3, or should I just start logging before driving, then trimming the file (which I'm not sure I know how to do)?

I've never done anything like this before. As for PID's I'm going to log what my tuner suggested in LiveLink Gen II:
It is my understanding that the Software will trim where the throttle is not WOT automatically. That being said, i personally prefer to just get it in gear, start the log, floor it, then stop the log. That way its just easier to go back and look at the data in the log as well, and not have to try to figure out where it starts.

You're going to need to add MPH to your log list as well, and having desired throttle as well as actual throttle may confuse the software, i think that was the issue we were having with 1 or 2 of the above logs.
Start with just making sure you have at least:
Time (automatically records)
MPH
RPM
Throttle position (actual)
and if it gives you any grief just post up here and we'll get you sorted out.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can type in the final drive and it will change the graph accordingly, the final drive is not hard coded. Same with tire height, temperature, occupancy weight... its a very versatile program.
I created a custom profile for my car with the corrected values. I was just making the developer aware.

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot when I have some time this week and report back.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:16 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Alright, tried to datalog tonight. Unsuccessful.

SCT X3 handheld + software + LiveLink Gen II software + Virtual Dyno - ALL up-to-date (firmware/software). PID's selected to log in LiveLink: throttle actual, rpm, time, mph.

Virtual Dyno > Load Runs > (select 3rd gear WOT datalog CSV file) > error message (says I the CSV file does not contain time, rpm, and throttle).

See the screenshots below. Also, I could only datalog ONCE, then LiveLink would freeze. I'd have to quit LiveLink, discconnect all connections from tuner and OBDII, then reconnect/restart application to datalog again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ds1.PNG
Views:	112
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	168782   Click image for larger version

Name:	vd1.PNG
Views:	100
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	168783  

Old 10-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, the live link software is extremely frustrating -_-. It seems like a few people now are having this issue, and i believe its having both Desired throttle and Actual throttle that is confusing the program. Try it again but delete every column except:
Time
MPH
RPM
Throttle position Actual

If that doesnt work, you can email me the datalog if you would like and i can see whats going on so we can figure out why some are having issues and some arent.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

I literally only logged those 4 parameters Volt (as you instructed previously). You can see this in the first screenshot I attached in my last post (unless I am missing something here).

I sent the error report to developer within the application. I'll PM you. Thanks for the help so far.

--

Edit: For the sake of trying to figure out why VD won't open some datalogs, I'll leave this bit of info here.

Being back on OS X now (since I use BootCamp to run Windows for SCT software), I was able to view my datalog file. I noticed I logged 5 PID's not 4. Time (in seconds) and Time Running. As you said Volt - time (in seconds) is auto recorded. Maybe since Time Running was recorded as well it's causing a conflict? (pic attached below).

Volt you may try deleting the Time Running string in the datalog I sent you and see if you have any success opening the file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 11.40.33 AM.png
Views:	94
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	168794  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang