Unknown problem. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #1

Region: Nevada
Unknown problem.

Hey guys I'm new to the fourms here, but have always looked to you guys for mod and styling idea's. So recently I just moved from Alaska down to Nevada, and i drove my mustang from Prince Rupert Canada, down here to Nevada, roughly 2300 miles. "it was one hell of a road trip let me tell you that!" But after I had arrived in Nevada and settled in, I noticed that my handling felt off, it almost felt as if the steering is loose, not as sensitive? I'm not really sure how exactly to explain it. That was the first thing that I noticed was off about the car, then the acceleration and the way the car ran seemed a bit funny to me, it seemed to be very rough and unpredictable while accelerating hard, it has just seemed a little off to me. Sorry I cant provide you guys with more detailed information, but any opinions or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers:
Nick Swiger
naswiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
well i would say the cold to hot weather could of effected your bushings causing them to expand and contract causing a loss in handling happened in my 2004 v6 the hot weather got the best of them as for your car running rough like what is it doing and is it constant or only when its super hot outside cause you will notice a difference of your car sucking cold moist Alaska air compared to hot dry Nevada air may make your car run a bit slower if your used to it running on cold air.
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I would suggest you remove negative terminal of your battery for about 30 mins. After you plug it back in, let the car idle for about 10 mins and then drive it around gently. Since majority of parameters are electronically controlled on our cars, a reset will help them relearn your new environment.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2014, 03:41 PM   #4

Ok thanks alot, yeah I will try that out. As for the change in climate, i was previously living in a rainforest where it gets 154 inches of rain a year, compared to nevada's zero. I havent payed very close attention to whether it does it when its really hot out or not, but now I will. Which bushings are you talking about? The sway bar bushing?
Old 10-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
does it knock when you turn your steering wheel left to right when parked?
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #6

No not at all there is no knocking.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Check the tire pressure

Your tire pressure needs to be checked when cold. ( Before driving around) And like Bazinga said"
[QUOTE][I would suggest you remove negative terminal of your battery for about 30 mins. After you plug it back in, let the car idle for about 10 mins and then drive it around gently. Since majority of parameters are electronically controlled on our cars, a reset will help them relearn your new environment./QUOTE]

You may have to drive your car a hundred miles or so for the computer to learn your driving habits. That is the only thing bad about these "COMPUTER CARS" The stupid computer try's to set itself to how it thinks you always want to drive your car.

I really don't think you need to replace bushings on a 2012 car.
They probably have a very different road surface in Nevada then you had before.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #8

Ok thanks alot guys, I will definitely check everything out. I do believe that I need new sway bar bushing because I do get seldom squeaks in the the rear when i hit an odd bump or shift the rear end.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Also wouldn't hurt to have your alignment checked. They can have a look at the bushings/tie rods and see if they're damaged as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang