Supercharger - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2014, 06:58 AM   #1

Region: Ohio
Supercharger

What is the best supercharger for our 2011-2014 v6 models?
Mustang_Kid12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2014, 07:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Only 1 and thats procharger. There are several turbo kits available

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:05 AM   #3

If I install the procharger what other requirements are needed to be done to my car so it doesn't have any problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2014, 07:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Everything is included in the kit but a dyno tune is recommended

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Actually there are 2 different kits offered by Procharger. One is a tuner kit and the other is a complete kit. I would suggest the complete kit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #6

Will that kit work with the 2014 mustang?
Old 10-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yep one piece drive shaft and a tune. That would be running the standard 8 psi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JR4288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:01 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I wish they would make a supercharger for the 3.7.. I know they don't fit under the hood but that's nothing a aftermarket hood couldn't fix.. I mean if u have money for the supercharger then I'm sure u can buy a hood. Plus who wouldn't love a good reason to buy an aftermarket hood lol.

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
Old 10-31-2014, 01:18 AM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Get the LPF turbo, it puts out more power and builds boost faster than a Procharger.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I know I wish they had an instant boost supercharger.. and plus I can't do the turbo because I need to pass inspection in Texas

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
Old 10-31-2014, 01:35 AM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
I know I wish they had an instant boost supercharger.. and plus I can't do the turbo because I need to pass inspection in Texas

What makes you think passing inspection is any different with a supercharger than a turbocharger?

HID end all thread
Old 10-31-2014, 01:35 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

The cats?

Old 10-31-2014, 01:36 AM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

You can put cats in easily.

HID end all thread
Old 10-31-2014, 01:41 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yes but I'm not looking for a fine..

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

It's to much of a hassle.. if I do go fi it won't be for a little while anyways

Old 10-31-2014, 07:38 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wish they would make a supercharger for the 3.7.. I know they don't fit under the hood but that's nothing a aftermarket hood couldn't fix.. I mean if u have money for the supercharger then I'm sure u can buy a hood. Plus who wouldn't love a good reason to buy an aftermarket hood lol.

The issue isn't the hood, its the angle of the motor. The 3.7 only has a 60* Crank (vs the 5.0s 90*) so there just physically isnt enough room in the valley for one. Even if you sat the supercharger completely on top of the motor, it would be at least 1 foot or so higher than the cylinder heads when you consider the lower plenum with the intercooler. The valley in the 5.0 is DEEP, so we've got plenty of room to house a lower plenum and intercooler.

Quote:

Positive Displacement*
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:46 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
+1 Kona blue

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
There are many shops that can and will can a turbo for you. Pretty sure I heard the log kit is/was originally on3 parts. Although this is in the land of the internet so who knows. Instant boost is ez with a procharger. Just add a 75shot and you are good to go

That's going to be my daily driver till 2016. Then my 3.7 will be weekend track only.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:12 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
+2 kona... Been my thoughts from the start...
But anything said and the blind followers would go crazy and defend it even though they have no idea what they're talking about.
I would be interested in a comped turbo kit and could definitely get it some crazy attention. However, for 6k I will be going with a PC and play it safe.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-31-2014, 07:43 PM   #19
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Another thing you can get with the Procharger is the warranty, but not on the tuner kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:55 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Yep exactly. You also have to think down the road. A year and a half after if something goes wrong and LPF or whoever makes the kit goes oh sorry we don't make them anymore or there's nothing we can do.
Procharger you know will be there and available.
I would like to see multiple turbo kits on multiple cars proving that they are durable and reliable.
Like you said it is nothing against LPF at all it goes for anyone selling a new turbo kit where the only one that works properly is their own. As you said Alre has had problems and I am anxious to see what happens.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

And like you said 6k isn't chump change.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:05 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

When I go fi I have decided I will go with procharger d1sc and a fully forged engine. I belive torque is what kills these engines.. I would be fine with 500-550hp and 400-450 tq

Old 10-31-2014, 11:24 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I'll take a free kit only a 2 hour drive from their shop
Old 10-31-2014, 11:45 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Yettie View Post
I'll take a free kit only a 2 hour drive from their shop
Yeah, I'm willing to be a guinea pig as well =P
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:47 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah ever since he started having troubles the threads died. I would like info now more then ever on what's going on and what LPF is doing to fix it or help out. They did say there was a warranty. Not sure on what or if it actually is applicable
I do feel bad he is going through this and had to go through an ordeal and a half to get the kit in the first place hopefully everything works out and LPF takes care of what's going on

Old 11-01-2014, 02:43 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
This could be a shot in the dark since I'm merely speculating: i remember hassan was saying his car goes wild around 4500-5k and basically freaks him out (no pun intended). Well, his transmission + other driveability troubles could be because of this instant power that comes on after 4k+ rpm? -much like nitrous, but comparatively lessee than and more repeatedly? Also, I remember a dyno graph posted by connor on his thread. It looked much like a mountain - as in it didn't exactly look flat/plateu shaped.

Now I'm no way bashing LPF guys out, props to them for coming up with a new kit and all other performance achievements pertaining to connors car. It's just that the kit has mixed reviews, without any first hand experience from people besides lpf team and hassan.

Turbo is definitely my pick over procharger if/when I go FI next year. However, if by some miracle procharger guys can make their i1 series system work for our 3.7s, hands down it will be first choice over anything else. Personally just not a fan of torque numbers from current series of procharger blowers.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

You can add a "torque booster" to the procharger and end up with some fat torque. I personally am a fan of turbos, but as far as the 3.7 is concerned the procharger is the way to go.

Basically with a centrifugal supercharger, if you install a 10 psi pulley you get 10 psi somewhere around redline. With the torque booster, youd install a 15 or so psi pulley, and then add a 10 psi wastegate (psi can be adjusted via springs) on the cold side and voila; you now have 10 psi for virtually your whole pull since you're spinning the blower harder.
Seems like the easier and safer route to me. I believe LPFs problem is not a shoddie kit. Justin and I may not see eye to eye, but I have seen his work and even tuned some of his kits before. I don't question his fabrication skills. His ability to tune however, after seeing the fate of a few of his cars now, I do question. But that's enough of that.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Kona, that's some great info! I hope it doesn't cost hassan big $$ to fix his cylinder problem.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 11-01-2014, 10:17 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
My " belt driven turbo" car is running flawless.

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Yeah, I hope it doesn't either. I know he put a lot of time and money into this project. He didn't sound too optimistic about the engine and was having serious regrets. Not regrets about the LPF turbo but about using the person he chose to tune the car.

Fire, is 100% on the top quality of the LPF turbo kit, he just wishes he used someone else to tune the car. Even another tuner at this point wouldn't matter until he gets that low compression in cylinder 2,fixed and I have no idea what that intales.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash.
He maybe better off going with a new engine.. can easily find one for under 2k from ebay, and maybe forge it before putting it in depending on his goals. As for tuner, I'd hope he goes with a really reputed guy. Maybe John lund if he tunes FI sixers.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 11-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Alsfire can't even get the LPF turbo kit to run proper. He is having transmission issues do to improper tuning and he is frustrated with it. The only person who has the kit running good thus far, is LPF and only LPF.

No disrespect to LPF but no way would I invest 5-6k into system that is not proven to be reliable and provide longevity. Heck, its not like hundreds of people been running this turbo for several years and its been flawless. Its a new kit with two users (one being LPF) and one user hasn't gotten the kit to work correctly yet.

Procharger has been a company around for years making known quality superchargers that work, work correctly and reliable. The 3.7 has a supercharger kit by procharger now for the past 4 years and we know what its fully capable of and its reliability.

Again, no disrespect to LPF but how long have they been around making turbo kits for assorted mustangs or other sports cars? IDK! Maybe LPF have been around making turbo kits for years and years but up until several months ago I never heard of LPF. I have been on various mustang forums for the past 4 years and never heard anyone using LPF turbo kits.

To be honest, since LPF is trying to market and sell their kit, they really need to promo and give numerous people with 3.7's a free kit. Yes, that costs money but that the price of being a company and doing business. Companies always comp things at some point to certain people. Its a new kit and a business that's new to making a turbo kit and have no proven track record the way Procharger company has. The more positive reviews by numerous people the more kits they would sell.

If the kit costs LPF 3k to build comp 5 of them. That's the cost of being new and doing business. Its an investment and if the owner or owners believe in the company building a great quality kit, then they will make their money back and some.

I personally would never shell out 5-6k for a performance part to a business that's brand new and only one customer has and that customer is having issues with the kit.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash.
Its the tuner not the kit. He even stated many many many times it's the stupid ignorant tuner he chose to go with. Most tuners have no idea what they're doing with these newer cars. He chose to be cheap and go with someone unheard of and inevitably paid the price. The kit is pretty solid. Minus the ****ty looking welds lol

Sent from my LG-D850 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I had never heard of lpf until the 1320 stuff

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang