Ford Handling Pkg vs Eibach Pro Kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-31-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Ford Handling Pkg vs Eibach Pro Kit

Hey all does anyone have any experience with the handling package for the V6? One of my friends has the Ford kit with struts, springs, sways, etc.and is looking to make a deal, but I've heard really good things about the Eibach Pro Plus Kit (~1k). Which one should I go with? Does it matter?

Sent from my XT875 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Eibach. The FRPP is okay, but for the same price you can get a better quality Eibach kit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Eibach. The FRPP is okay, but for the same price you can get a better quality Eibach kit.

What exactly is bad about FRPP vs. the Eibach? It should be noted this isn't a retail comparison. It's 1k for the Eibach and X for the FRPP, where X is some steeply discounted number from retail.

So the question is this: for the money, is a retail Eibach kit still better than a discounted (70% retail or less) FRPP kit?
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

How much exactly is the kit you're considering? A good complete kit from eibach is about $1000. Last I checked retail on the FRPP is around $1400. Eibach is better simply because of quality and durability, cost is another benefit.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Three things that the Ford Package has that the Eibach package doesn't.

Ford:

What's in the box?
(2) Struts
(2) Shocks
(4) Lowering Springs
(1) Front Sway Bar with bushings
(1) Rear Sway Bar with bushings

(1) Strut Tower Brace
Jounce stops
Front Strut Mount Upgrade
$1499

Eibach:

What's in the box?

Pro-Damper Front Struts
Pro-Damper Rear Shocks
Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
36mm Tubular Front Sway Bar
25mm Solid Rear Sway Bar
Front and Rear Sway Bar Bushings
$999

You will have to price out adding a Strut Tower Brace, Jounce Stops and Upgraded Front Strut Mounts, to be fair price wise.

I have the Ford and really like it.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Also, is doesn't the Ford Racing strut tower brace connect to just two bolts on each side, where other companies make them that connect to all four bolts? Seems like one would be sturdier than the other...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:55 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Three things that the Ford Package has that the Eibach package doesn't.

Ford:

What's in the box?
(2) Struts
(2) Shocks
(4) Lowering Springs
(1) Front Sway Bar with bushings
(1) Rear Sway Bar with bushings

(1) Strut Tower Brace
Jounce stops
Front Strut Mount Upgrade
$1499

Eibach:

What's in the box?

Pro-Damper Front Struts
Pro-Damper Rear Shocks
Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
36mm Tubular Front Sway Bar
25mm Solid Rear Sway Bar
Front and Rear Sway Bar Bushings
$999

You will have to price out adding a Strut Tower Brace, Jounce Stops and Upgraded Front Strut Mounts, to be fair price wise.

I have the Ford and really like it.
Thanks for the opinions and additional info guys. I already have a tower brace, and I've heard additional support in favor of the Eibachs, so I think I'm going to go with that when the time comes.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I wouldn't go with the Eibach kit as there dampers are sub par compared to others. FRPP (rebranded Tokico dampers) isn't much better but if your getting the package for 1K or less then it would be a good deal. If you plan on tracking your stang look elsewhere for suspension parts. Steeda, BMR, Koni, Ground Control just to name a few.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang