2012 Aux. Cable and Usb Port Replacement on 2012 V6 Premium - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-02-2014, 11:13 PM   #1

Region: Texas
2012 Aux. Cable and Usb Port Replacement on 2012 V6 Premium

Hey everyone, this is my first post so I would like to thank you all in advance for any help that you can give me. I just bought my first mustang !!!!!! and I love it! However, I bought it from a used car dealership and noticed that the spot in the center console where the auxiliary and usb ports should be arent there . There is no interface at all but there is a little bit of cable that you can tell has been kinda cut. I figured that this would be a relitivly easy problem to fix and plan on doing it myself if at all possible but I can not find any information online as to any replacement parts. The car is stock and I plan on putting more money into but I need to know where to start looking. Thanks for all your help agian!
Megan
Megatron01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think the base had USB but I thought after 07 they all had AUX. Sounds like if there's a cable cut something else is going on.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I would take it back to them and have them fix that nonsense.

The base has no USB port, only an aux port.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
He bought a v6 premium, not a base. Not sure what's different audio wise.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:01 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
I would take it back to them and have them fix that nonsense.

The base has no USB port, only an aux port.

Definitley take it back and ask. With a cut cable and no ports I'd be curious. There should be something there even if it's just an AUX with no USB. I think every Mustang starting in 2007 came with an AUX standard.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #6

Aux.

Hey guys, thanks for all the help.

I probably will take it back considering that my tire pressure sensor came on driving it home and ive tried to retrain it twice with no luck and i definelty want that fixed. I was thinking that there was a usb port in there as well but if not then that is no problem i definielty want a aux. port though. like i said i was thinking that this would be an easy to do it myself but ill take it back and see what they say. ill let you guys know!
Old 11-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron01 View Post
Hey guys, thanks for all the help.

I probably will take it back considering that my tire pressure sensor came on driving it home and ive tried to retrain it twice with no luck and i definelty want that fixed. I was thinking that there was a usb port in there as well but if not then that is no problem i definielty want a aux. port though. like i said i was thinking that this would be an easy to do it myself but ill take it back and see what they say. ill let you guys know!
2012 premiums came with Sync and Shaker 500 system with subwoofers in the doors. Is that what you have?
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #8

Im pretty sure thats what i got. i have a stock radio so if thats stock then thats what i have in my car. 4 speakers 2 in the door and 2 in the trunk.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im pretty sure thats what i got. i have a stock radio so if thats stock then thats what i have in my car. 4 speakers 2 in the door and 2 in the trunk.
Do you have a leather interior? If you don't have that or the Shaker system you didn't buy a premium.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 11-03-2014, 01:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Ya th4e premium came in leather...thats the first dead giveaway...if they sold it to you saying it was one then i would take it back and demand your money.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #11

no i dont have leather interior im checking on some things right now because if i didnt buy a premium then im definetly calling the dealership lol im in insured for a premium and with everthing else i think it might be a good idea. does anyone have any idea how i should start going about everything if i need to take the car back?
Old 11-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
no i dont have leather interior im checking on some things right now because if i didnt buy a premium then im definetly calling the dealership lol im in insured for a premium and with everthing else i think it might be a good idea. does anyone have any idea how i should start going about everything if i need to take the car back?
Ouch. If they took you for a premium, print the add they listed, then edmunds.com will list the various packages.

But plain and simple, if they advertised a Premium and sold you a base car, that's just shady. They probably also upped the price to a premium.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:45 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Shouldn't the VIN tell you if it's a premium?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-11-2014, 03:28 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Hey megatron, what happened with your car? Did you talk to the dealer?
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #15

Hey guys, yes apparently its not a premium lol. i've taken the car to a couple of dealerships just to confirm and they told me to have them make it right however possible whether it be added warrenty or free up grades or a drop in price. when i took it to my dealership they acted like it was no big deal. based on all of the mixed reactions i dont really know what to do next i want to feel like i got the best i could get and they did jack the msrp prices up to make it look like i got hella savings for a premium. i actually called a guy to see if he could give my any advice or if its not that big of a deal. i guess we will see. thank you for all your help though guys i really appreciate it. with this being my first mustang im so excited lol i think ive already put about 700 miles on my car !
Old 11-11-2014, 12:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Definitely get some sort of recompense. I'd push for the difference you paid for a "premium" and what a base of that year costs.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

What b.s. I'm angry at the dealer just reading this.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You can sue for compensation. You do have a case.
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I feel like half the ads I see on autotrader list premium when the photos indicate it clearly isn't. Then they price it between a base model and premium. LOL.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post
I feel like half the ads I see on autotrader list premium when the photos indicate it clearly isn't. Then they price it between a base model and premium. LOL.
I saw that a lot shopping for my car. Then I look at the pictures. Cloth interior. You shady mofos....

Old 11-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post
Lmao an ad by itself isn't enough to sue.
But if the filed paperwork when the vehicle was bought said it was a premium, and the two parties then wrote the contract under that assumption, on party knowing that the car isn't a premium, that is not only misrepresentation but also fraud.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Lmao an ad by itself isn't enough to sue.
But if the filed paperwork when the vehicle was bought said it was a premium, and the two parties then wrote the contract under that assumption, on party knowing that the car isn't a premium, that is not only misrepresentation but also fraud.
I don't think LiveWire was making a related comment to your comment about suing. It was just a separate comment about shady dealers.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I understand, just trying to clarify the point I was making. I thought it wasn't clear enough
Old 11-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I've seen so many car ads that are incorrect - stating that cars are a certain high trim level when they're not, having the wrong transmissions listed in print when the pictures clearly show something else, wrong colors listed - that's why used car shopping is so much fun.
Charlotte Stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2012 v6