One piece driveshaft and shorty headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Kentucky
One piece driveshaft and shorty headers

Just got back from Afghanistan a couple of weeks ago and picked up my Mustang from my folks house. While deployed I had them install BBK shorty headers and the one piece driveshaft. They took it for an oil change at the Ford dealer and apparently the service rep loved the drive shaft and every other mod I had installed.
The drive shaft: Everyone here was right on the money when they said the drive shaft was worth it over a stage 1. First thing I noticed immediately was that it drove a lot smoother. Some, not all, of vibration felt during deceleration is gone. Also it seems to accelerate a lot quicker, but the smoothness of the drive is the most noticeable. Lastly, fuel economy seems to be a lot better. I had to drive back down to KY and previously it would take two tanks plus one top off after arriving in KY. I noticed that I didn't need to top off as much after the trip so I definitely saved some MPGs. Definitely a good decision.

Shorty Headers: Paired with a Borla touring catback and CAI. Exhaust note sounds a little deeper. Seems like I have pick up on the low end but the sound peaks at higher revs. Wasn't as noticeable as everyone claims but still happy with them none the less. All paired together with the drive shaft it's definitely got more power than I remembered and I made a note as to how the car felt, sounded, and drove before I deployed and it's definitely a lot quicker. Now all I need to do is get a tune int he upcoming weeks to wrap everything together.

rotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: California
thank u for service. I wil be receiving my shorty ceramics tomorrow. hopefully paired w flowmaster axlebacks and JLT cai. I already have the tune in place. gonna install sat

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Massachusetts
I really want to get a one piece. Een hearing a lot of good things.
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang