Mpt tune revision review - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-05-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Mpt tune revision review

Hey guys so I have my Mpt tune for a year now and I'm running 93 performance race tune but within that year iv been modding my car with mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, and lowered my car with Sr Springs, phb, and Bmr LCA. My car run fine with the old tune but at the back of my head that maybe they could change my tune with the mods that I added. I called them and told me that they can and just make a datalog for them to see, so that's what I did with the help of Fintile one of the member here.

First revision my car pulls faster than my old tune but it falls flat from mid to high rpm emailed Mike and told him what i wanted. I wanted something that will pull hard from low, mid, to high rpm. He replied to me QUOTE he would definitely and will give me there best tune.

Second revision: just got it tonight and oh boy this thing is a beast it pulls so fast that it kicks me on my seat and the power is consistent all the way through the higher rpm. All I can say is I'm very happy with the tune and Mpt has been really helpful with my revisions and data log. Best of all Mike and Mpt didn't charge me a thing. I would have gone with custom tune but save me 250 bucks from doing it cos im keeping this one.

For those guys that are looking to tune there car my best advise is go with MPT they are very helpful and my turnaround time for tune revision is 2 days very fast can't complain.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Working on my revision too. I have pretty much the same mods but my new revision threw a misfire rough idle, and feels like it's cutting out while accelerating. Sent them an email. They have been great and am sure they will get it all situated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
14mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang View Post
Working on my revision too. I have pretty much the same mods but my new revision threw a misfire rough idle, and feels like it's cutting out while accelerating. Sent them an email. They have been great and am sure they will get it all situated

Oh man hopefully they'll straighten it out.. I'm just lucky I guess the first revision is fine but not perfect but my second one is perfect for me. I'm loving every minute driving it. Did you log right? And just have to be specific of what you want and try mentioning there "best tune" this is what he quoted me on there email. I know it's weird lol.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I have a huge maf and tb. I'm using 80mm from filter to intake manifold so it does need a few tweaks

14mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang View Post
I have a huge maf and tb. I'm using 80mm from filter to intake manifold so it does need a few tweaks

Nice.. Hopefully youll feel the beast after the tune revision. Keep us posted.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Hey guys so I have my Mpt tune for a year now and I'm running 93 performance race tune but within that year iv been modding my car with mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, and lowered my car with Sr Springs, phb, and Bmr LCA. My car run fine with the old tune but at the back of my head that maybe they could change my tune with the mods that I added. I called them and told me that they can and just make a datalog for them to see, so that's what I did with the help of Fintile one of the member here.

First revision my car pulls faster than my old tune but it falls flat from mid to high rpm emailed Mike and told him what i wanted. I wanted something that will pull hard from low, mid, to high rpm. He replied to me QUOTE he would definitely and will give me there best tune.

Second revision: just got it tonight and oh boy this thing is a beast it pulls so fast that it kicks me on my seat and the power is consistent all the way through the higher rpm. All I can say is I'm very happy with the tune and Mpt has been really helpful with my revisions and data log. Best of all Mike and Mpt didn't charge me a thing. I would have gone with custom tune but save me 250 bucks from doing it cos im keeping this one.

For those guys that are looking to tune there car my best advise is go with MPT they are very helpful and my turnaround time for tune revision is 2 days very fast can't complain.

I can see new rear tires in the near future lol. Glad you got your tune worked out. Are you going back to the dyno?
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:09 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
I can see new rear tires in the near future lol. Glad you got your tune worked out. Are you going back to the dyno?
Funny you said that cos I was thinking the same thing about my tires.. I will dyno when I get everything mainly ported manifold, driveshaft and maybe tb. Will see.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

With my new tune I was to do 5.2 sec 0-60 sec run with me in Fintile in the car.. The car pulls really good considering two people in the car with combined weight of 430 lbs. What you guys think?

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang