In search of deeper/louder exhaust note - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Seriously...lol wow! The comments on here are just dumbfoundingly stupid!! There are some major retards on here its just too funny. Poor kid just want a a deeper and louder than stock exhaust... it's not rocket science.

OP- X pipe will give you a NASCAR sound...not bad but a slightly higher note. H pipe will give you a deeper tone.
Removing your cats will add rasp and give you that "ricey" sound people are talking about...like a 350z with an exhaust.
Axel backs a a tricky topic. They change in soumd based on the set up. Some more than others. It's hard to say.
Just for reference as I seam to be one of the only ones in here to have done this but I have the bbk Shortie headers, GT OEM H pipe, and MagnaFlow Street series axel backs. Has a nice low tone, not too loud but puts a stock exhaust to shame.
Also if you can find a good deal a CAI will add a little deep note to the over all sound. Not in the exhaust but to the entire driving tone.
That's my 2 cents. Again it's all your choice but there is no point...IMO on you EVERYONE getting a TB...save the $400!! Buy a nice hood or some suspension. Something that will actually be of some benefit.
You have a clip of your set up? The GT OEM h is still catted I assume? Just curios what made you go for a GT H? Price? I haven't heard anyone do this before.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I don't have much as far of clips. I'm catted with stock cats...not the GT cays, but I have wondered about that working.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #38

Quote:
Seriously...lol wow! The comments on here are just dumbfoundingly stupid!! There are some major retards on here its just too funny. Poor kid just want a a deeper and louder than stock exhaust... it's not rocket science.

OP- X pipe will give you a NASCAR sound...not bad but a slightly higher note. H pipe will give you a deeper tone.
Removing your cats will add rasp and give you that "ricey" sound people are talking about...like a 350z with an exhaust.
Axel backs a a tricky topic. They change in soumd based on the set up. Some more than others. It's hard to say.
Just for reference as I seam to be one of the only ones in here to have done this but I have the bbk Shortie headers, GT OEM H pipe, and MagnaFlow Street series axel backs. Has a nice low tone, not too loud but puts a stock exhaust to shame.
Also if you can find a good deal a CAI will add a little deep note to the over all sound. Not in the exhaust but to the entire driving tone.
That's my 2 cents. Again it's all your choice but there is no point...IMO on you EVERYONE getting a TB...save the $400!! Buy a nice hood or some suspension. Something that will actually be of some benefit.

Thank you for this.

2014 V6, Air Raid CAI, Roush Axle Back, Roush side window louvers, MMD side scoops, black hash marks.
sterlyinggrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
With Roush I think its your best option. What gears are you thinking of putting in?

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.

I think im going with 3.73, everyone seems to be happy with that and I want more low end torque

2014 V6, Air Raid CAI, Roush Axle Back, Roush side window louvers, MMD side scoops, black hash marks.
sterlyinggrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlyinggrey View Post
I think im going with 3.73, everyone seems to be happy with that and I want more low end torque

3.55s and 3.73s seem to be the most popular gears for sure.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

This will sound stupid but what do new gears actually do and how much of a change does it actually give you?

G.H.I.G 2014 V6 Mustang
MMD Ducktail spoiler
Roush axle back exhaust
Black upper and lower retro billet grille
MMD 551c matte black rims
Eno07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eno07 View Post
This will sound stupid but what do new gears actually do and how much of a change does it actually give you?

G.H.I.G 2014 V6 Mustang
MMD Ducktail spoiler
Roush axle back exhaust
Black upper and lower retro billet grille
MMD 551c matte black rims
Basicly they change how quickly you will accelerate in a given gear. the bigger the number the higher the gear and the quicker off the line or just all around you will be.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

305 horses from the factory is pretty damn good, we just enjoy making them faster. But your right wrong section, you clearly should be posting in the #£% #%£& section.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Guys, that's enough. Please move on, this will not end well.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Basicly they change how quickly you will accelerate in a given gear. the bigger the number the higher the gear and the quicker off the line or just all around you will be.

The bigger the number the LOWER the gear and quicker acceleration.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Guys I'm trying to be nice...NO MORE BS!! It's over...stay on topic.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Confused? Nothing more was said regarding the issue and some comments previously posted have been removed? I think the message was received.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

Yes I cleaned up the thread... Everything is good now. Thanks
Old 11-10-2014, 10:37 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Yes I cleaned up the thread... Everything is good now. Thanks
Old 11-10-2014, 11:28 PM   #50
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I'm going to be doing some exhaust work on my Mustang this winter. I'm thinking I'll be doing a Mac weld in Pro chamber, BBK shorties and Borla or Magnaflow AB....we'll see.

This is exactly the setup I think I have decided on. BBK shorties, O/R Prochamber, Borla S-Type axel backs. Although mine will not be done this winter, probably make it my spring project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:52 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Awe I guess I missed the action.. anyway good luck with the exhaust OP

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
Old 11-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
The bigger the number the LOWER the gear and quicker acceleration.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Its the opposite? I thought 2.73 were lower gears than 3.73?

lower = slower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Guys I'm trying to be nice...NO MORE BS!! It's over...stay on topic.
I apologize SoCal....i sometimes take things too personal when insulted in such ways your right... no more. I'm done.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:55 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Bigger the number = lower the gear

Example
4.10's are lower than 3.55's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Bigger the number = lower the gear

Example
4.10's are lower than 3.55's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Wow, dislexia is a *****...lol
Higher are taller and longer, lower are shorter and....well... I've had it... just backwards...
Old 11-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow, dislexia is a *****...lol
Higher are taller and longer, lower are shorter and....well... I've had it... just backwards...
I just think of it by imagining my bike. The big "tall" gears at front are your 2.73s. Puts more load on your muscles (engine) at low speeds and you accelerate slower, but it's what you want when your cruising on a flat road to conserve your energy. The small "short" gears are your 3.73s... You need to pedal a lot more for the same revolution of your wheel, but you accelerate faster and it's less load on your muscles.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust