Powdercoating wheels - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Powdercoating wheels

Just like it say I'm thinking about getting my wheels powder coated in a few weeks and I just wanted to know if anybody has any pros and cons about it. If you live in Ohio where would you take your car and I've seen how some shops have stage one, two and three and just want to know what's the difference between them,
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

FRPP tower brace,SVT front sway bar,SVT rear sway bar
FRPP lowering springs,FRPP brakes ,3.31 gears
Loudv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Why don't you try plastic dipping them first. A lot cheaper and if you don't like it, you will have saved some money on having them powder coated.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Have had plenty of stuff powder coated for my cars, motorcycle and even atv but never seen stages.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2014, 01:12 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Powder Coating your rims should last anywhere from 3-5 times longer then the current paint job on most rims. I had a shop show me some rims that where powder coated and a guy hit a curb at 40mph. The powder coating actually stood up to the impact pretty well there wasnt any chipping or flaking of the paint only the areas that had chunks of the aluminum taken off had no paint. A normal paint job would flake and chip. Do it right and only have to do it once is how i see it.
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Why don't you try plastic dipping them first. A lot cheaper and if you don't like it, you will have saved some money on having them powder coated.

I would plasti dip them. But anymore I do t have the time to do them I also heard that they don't last that kind due to the heat so it gets that faded look

Old 11-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willb2305 View Post
Powder Coating your rims should last anywhere from 3-5 times longer then the current paint job on most rims. I had a shop show me some rims that where powder coated and a guy hit a curb at 40mph. The powder coating actually stood up to the impact pretty well there wasnt any chipping or flaking of the paint only the areas that had chunks of the aluminum taken off had no paint. A normal paint job would flake and chip. Do it right and only have to do it once is how i see it.

Yeah that's exactly how I have heard that same exact stuff, I hit a pothole about 4 months no significant damage just a little ding you can even put a dime in it, but that's why I was thinking of powder coat I want something that last and plasti dip to me just looks to cheap
Cheers!

Old 11-09-2014, 07:01 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Have had plenty of stuff powder coated for my cars, motorcycle and even atv but never seen stages.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Okay, yeah their are some shops around me that say they charge for different stage,
Cheers though

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang