Help deciding on midpipe! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Help deciding on midpipe!

I have a 2012 v6 with air raid cai, 91 R bama tune, shorty headers, and magnaflow street axlebacks. The sound I have right now is amazing! Not too loud, nice deeper rumble. I am looking to increase power. I hear MRT h pipes don't fit bbk shorty headers?!?! if so that sucks for me. No way i am undoing the headers lol. I hate the sound I have heard form x pipes.. I assume the bbk x pipe is all i can run, unless I get a custom h pipe? If I did run a bbk x pipe, will this combo still be super raspy? What if I added some glass packs? Opinions please, sounds clips welcomed too! Thanks guys!
GrbbrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Where did you hear that the MRT H-pipe won't work with BBK headers? It's supposed to fit stock headers or shorty so there is no reason it shouldn't work.

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Where did you hear that the MRT H-pipe won't work with BBK headers? It's supposed to fit stock headers or shorty so there is no reason it shouldn't work.
Yeah MRT should work fine. Or Lethal makes a good H as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I have heard of guys having problems with leaks from the MRT pipe. What about the prochamber? or are you trying to keep the cats.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm in the same dilemma as I have MAC shorties...I figure I'll end up getting a custom H pipe maybe with some resonators

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
andrewheath09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Save yourself the money and the headache and get a GT H pipe take off...it fits...you just need a shop to weld it. No its not too big either...been running it for a little over a year now...sounds great with the shorties too. I have the BBKs
Old 11-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

@ Fintile! THANKS I read multiple forums saying mrt catted piped do not fit the bbk shorty headers correctly.. Ill check into the gt H
Old 11-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

@ fintile, I read because the diameter is larger 2.75, you can lose back pressure and lose low end torque?
Old 11-09-2014, 05:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I have the MRT H and BBK shorties and it's definitely not a one time install and forget it... could be just a bad BBK header on the passenger side, but the collector just doesn't want to bolt leak free to the H pipe. I have had it leak free for about 4 months now, so fingers crossed. Sounds good to me as well, albeit pretty loud.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrbbrBlue View Post
@ fintile, I read because the diameter is larger 2.75, you can lose back pressure and lose low end torque?
No...the cats choke the engine more than the exhaust...if you keep your over axel pipes stock you'll be fine.
Like I said I'm doing it. I wouldn't suggest it if it did anything bad
Old 11-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
I have heard of guys having problems with leaks from the MRT pipe. What about the prochamber? or are you trying to keep the cats.

I love my pro chamber. The fitment is so well I'll be buying Mac shorties to go along with them.

Also you can go to Mac exhaust cite and get just the mid pipe and have it replaced on your stock system.

The original... Boss 227!
Old 11-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
I love my pro chamber. The fitment is so well I'll be buying Mac shorties to go along with them.

Also you can go to Mac exhaust cite and get just the mid pipe and have it replaced on your stock system.

or you can rock my current midpipe/catback design

The original... Boss 227!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang