update: bbk shorty headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
update: bbk shorty headers

okay so I finally drove the 50 plus miles for the tune to adjust ecu or whatnot and boy the torque on this thing is great!!! performance mods before were: jlt cai flowmaster exhaust and 91 performance tune. let me tell u these shorty headers do make a huge improvement in pull!
sound is slightly deeper and the raspiness or blend like noise from the flowmasters seems to hae decreases by a lot. I definitely recommend those of u interested in bang for ur buck performance.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2014, 02:38 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Update it in the original post?

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
Old 11-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #3

Region: Indiana
+1 to the shorties! Just installed mine this weekend as well and holy hell, do they make a difference. Between the shorties and a tune, my 0-60 is a full second less (not to mention, a nice deep tone around 2500+RPM)
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
+1 to the shorties! Just installed mine this weekend as well and holy hell, do they make a difference. Between the shorties and a tune, my 0-60 is a full second less (not to mention, a nice deep tone around 2500+RPM)
+2 lol... yeah man, the increase in torque really is there, especially mixed in with the updated BAMA tune. Initially, after doing some research a lot of people said the biggest increase is in sound, and not really much was said on power gains. But I must say, the opposite is true. The noise is slightly deeper, but there is not too much of a difference as I stated before.
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #5

Region: Indiana
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
+2 lol... yeah man, the increase in torque really is there, especially mixed in with the updated BAMA tune. Initially, after doing some research a lot of people said the biggest increase is in sound, and not really much was said on power gains. But I must say, the opposite is true. The noise is slightly deeper, but there is not too much of a difference as I stated before.
+3, haha. Yeah, after getting it done a friend asked if he could come hear it and I said the same thing, there really isn't much difference in the sound (not like new axle-backs or off-road pipes would give anyway) but there is a little deeper note to it when you get on it for sure.

The worst part of these headers is the tires... I can light 'em up at will now.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang