H pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-11-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

H pipe

Do they make a catted H-pipe for our v6? How come I can't find one anywhere? Or any information for that matter. I live in Cali and need the cats to stay on. Should I just get a custom one at an exhaust shop? I'm not a fan of x-pipe rasp so I'm going to pass on that.

Sent from my Mustang.
iantrusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2014, 01:49 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
If you want to change the sound, have a shop replace the hybrid x/h with a regular h. Keep the cats and resonators.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thought so, thanks

Sent from my Mustang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I beleive mrt makes a catted h pipe

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
I suggest a Pro Chamber from Mac.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
MRT does make a Catted H pipe but its meant to work with the stock headers or shorty headers. The MRT will not work with Longtube headers unless you have an exhaust shop make you a new flange. I live in SoCal and theres a place called Orange County Mufflers that does custom exhaust and flanges and they also use stainless steel parts not aluminized steel which will rust here in cali since we go from hot to cold weather. The Mac Pro Chamber H pipe will only work with Mac Longtube headers. Im actually debating on getting Mac Longtube headers and getting their H pipe or a custom H pipe with the Mac Longtube headers. The bbk headers you lose low end torque versus the Mac headers that are slightly smaller diameter then the bbks so you should gain more torque over the BBK's. Torque is what we need for our V6 mustangs. The MRT and Mac H pipes do sound better then the X pipes out they are less raspy. ARH also makes a catted H pipe for our cars. If the ARH or Mac Headers were out at the time I bought my Longtubes i would have chosen those over the BBK's
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome man thanks for the info. I'll probably end up doing mac shorties with a custom H, but I'll check out those catted H's first.

Sent from my Mustang.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Just get a GT oem H...why spend money getting one custom if you dont have to. Plus the hot to cold factor is not why it will rust. Its the salt in the air being so close (if thats where you live) to the coast... also depending where you live if they salt the ground in winter then you will have rusting issues, but again you wont have that issue using the GTs OEM H pipe...it fits quite nicely too.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Just get a GT oem H...why spend money getting one custom if you dont have to. Plus the hot to cold factor is not why it will rust. Its the salt in the air being so close (if thats where you live) to the coast... also depending where you live if they salt the ground in winter then you will have rusting issues, but again you wont have that issue using the GTs OEM H pipe...it fits quite nicely too.
With the different size (2.25" vs 2.5") and the difference in placement of the connections, the GT won't fit
JimC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
With the different size (2.25" vs 2.5") and the difference in placement of the connections, the GT won't fit
JimC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
You seam sure of your statement...care to wager? Plus the GT is 2.75" shrinks to 2.5" at the "H" connection then goes back to 2.75"

yes yes, it sounds "too big" but the flow is much better and paired with shortie headers it has no negative effect.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I thought bigger pipes were actually negative to our cars performance? I read that on another thread. Or maybe I misunderstood.

Sent from my Mustang.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
It is, but only if you go silly big. I don't think you will notice it too much until 3 inch plua

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:32 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have a high flow catted H-pipe that i had made by the exhaust shop here and I love it. A little raspy because the cats are the size of my hand, but none the less great power adder. I've been toying with the idea of taking it off, selling it and going catless again. I didnt like catless at first because of the roush axlebacks i had at the time, but now with two other exhaust axle backs obtained, i feel i can test the waters again. Debating whether to make it a hack job by patching it up again, or just buying it outright and selling these.

sigh... damn car gods, always so hard to please
2014 Oxford tri-pedal 3.7L- Airaid CAI, BBK 73mm TB, MGW Shifter, DSS Driveshaft, Whiteline Bracket, BBK Shorties, Lethal O/R H-pipe with HighFlow Cats Installed, Vibrant Resonators, Pypes Axlebacks. Track Pack Wheels!
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
I have a high flow catted H-pipe that i had made by the exhaust shop here and I love it. A little raspy because the cats are the size of my hand, but none the less great power adder. I've been toying with the idea of taking it off, selling it and going catless again. I didnt like catless at first because of the roush axlebacks i had at the time, but now with two other exhaust axle backs obtained, i feel i can test the waters again. Debating whether to make it a hack job by patching it up again, or just buying it outright and selling these.

sigh... damn car gods, always so hard to please
Whats the size of your piping? I may consider this if you decide to sell. Ive been toying with the idea of using GT cats in place of my current stock cats. No idea of the size IF there is a deference between the GT's and the 3.7's (they share the same intake air box and filter). Got any video or sound clips of the setup?
Old 11-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Whats the size of your piping? I may consider this if you decide to sell. Ive been toying with the idea of using GT cats in place of my current stock cats. No idea of the size IF there is a deference between the GT's and the 3.7's (they share the same intake air box and filter). Got any video or sound clips of the setup?

The GT exhaust is 2.5 inch opposed to the V6 which is 2.25 so it wouldn't be a direct bolt on.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Gt is 2.75.. and v6 is 2.25..

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
Old 11-15-2014, 01:33 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
The GT exhaust is 2.5 inch opposed to the V6 which is 2.25 so it wouldn't be a direct bolt on.

That was my thought. Would definately need to get a flange and piping for it to work, but like in the GT H pipe it goes from 2.75" to 2.5" in the H connection point back to 2.75" so i wasn't sure if they did something kooky like that for the cats. Either way I think its worth the experiment.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post

Mine is not a GT exhaust. It is the UPR H pipe bought off lethal performance with High flow cats by magnaflow welded in after bank two o2 sensors. you are indeed right though with the 2.25inch diameter.
let me know if you would like these though. I am located in VA, but go home to nyc pretty frequently and can either meet you half way, or ship if the price is right. PM me if you'd like. I truly dont mind getting rid of them, but they are still on my car for right now. so i would just need a couple days to take it off and ship.
if you do however decide to go off road instead, i highly suggest the MAC prochambered one, or an h pipe for down low power like i have. It truly makes taking off a blast.
2014 Oxford tri-pedal 3.7L- Airaid CAI, BBK 73mm TB, MGW Shifter, DSS Driveshaft, Whiteline Bracket, BBK Shorties, Lethal O/R H-pipe with HighFlow Cats Installed, Vibrant Resonators, Pypes Axlebacks. Track Pack Wheels!
Old 11-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
Mine is not a GT exhaust. It is the UPR H pipe bought off lethal performance with High flow cats by magnaflow welded in after bank two o2 sensors. you are indeed right though with the 2.25inch diameter.
let me know if you would like these though. I am located in VA, but go home to nyc pretty frequently and can either meet you half way, or ship if the price is right. PM me if you'd like. I truly dont mind getting rid of them, but they are still on my car for right now. so i would just need a couple days to take it off and ship.
if you do however decide to go off road instead, i highly suggest the MAC prochambered one, or an h pipe for down low power like i have. It truly makes taking off a blast.
Do you have any exhaust clips? I'd like to hear that
Old 11-16-2014, 05:21 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
sure, i have 3 types: roush on a dyno/ and in a parking lot, Pype Bombs parking lot, and also Magnaflow comp axlebacks (current set-up)
Old 11-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

pypes:
Roush:
i have a two step on with the magnaflows and my live wire is being a ***** i will send you a vid soon though
Old 11-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

... idk why it hyperlinked my roush vid.
magna flows arent up yet
Old 11-20-2014, 06:48 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Gave up trying to deal with my livewire tuner in the cold. Its being a pain in the *** to turn the two step off, and gave up. But either way i think it sounds pretty dang good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang