3.7 TWIN TURBO BUILD - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Keep in mind he fabricated almost everything himself. With the other kits in that range, they're pre-fabricated. So if you're not as skilled and need help, that's a good chunk of change on top of that.

That being said, still fairly reasonable for a twin setup.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yeah but the 5 k is for a supercharger or single turbo. Some of the TT kits are in the 7-10 k range so for a TT kit he got by pretty cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Keep in mind he fabricated almost everything himself. With the other kits in that range, they're pre-fabricated. So if you're not as skilled and need help, that's a good chunk of change on top of that.

That being said, still fairly reasonable for a twin setup.

Yeah but the 5 k is for a supercharger or single turbo. Some of the TT kits are in the 7-10 k range so for a TT kit he got by pretty cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Very interesting build! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2014, 02:46 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCALD View Post
OK. All of that build involved about 2 years of work and messing with, but the results are really good. My last mods to the car involved changing the 2.73 gears to 3.55 along with a Torsen race differential and aluminum drive shaft. This was accomplished a few weeks back. I have also changed the fuel injectors to Injector Dynamics 850's since they are one of the few manufacturers that supply all of the data files necessary to tune the car. The injectors up until now were FAST 65 pound units that had no data so the tuner made the necessary guesses to make the car run pretty well. I will also be upgrading the fuel pump to a GT500 unit. The main problem I have now is a tuner guy in KC that will not return my calls who is not willing to work with me on the tune. I have discovered a new tuner locally that I will be working with over the next couple of weeks to get the new injectors locked in and new dyno numbers for the final installation. I think it will run in excess of 425 HP to the wheels with torque in the 450 range. The original tune running a little over 5 pounds of boost put down 350 hp and 400 foot pounds of torque to the wheels. I have been running 7.5 to 8 pounds of boost for the past 18 months with not problems and will be pushing it a little further to slightly over 8 pounds. I will post the results once we get through the tune process.

Note that I moved the differential vent to the diff cover in order to prevent gear oil from leaking out of the original location (on the passenger side axle housing). It used to leak quite a bit during track day when making hard left turns.
i looked at injector dynamics website and they dont have injectors listed for the v6???

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Injector Dynamics

They may not list them, but they have the 850's that fit. Give them a call and they will fix you up. I installed them a couple of weeks ago and they fit really well. I am in the middle of the tune, but so far I am impressed. They idle really well and we have really good drive-ability. I should have the results in the next few days. When I purchased the injectors I was impressed with how different they are. No drilled holes. Looks like a ball bearing unlike the FAST injectors that just had the holes enlarged.
JCALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:38 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

sweet i will give them a call i wanna get some 725's

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
Old 11-26-2014, 07:43 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I believe they only go down to 850's.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-27-2014, 12:08 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

ID725 Injectors - Injector Dynamics

Old 11-27-2014, 07:23 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

The 725's are too long and won't fit under the intake manifold. The 850's come in varied lengths by adding an anodized piece to the top. We only use the injector itself. Check out the pics on their site for the 850 to see what I am talking about. They are also plug and play with no electrical plug adapters required.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:15 AM   #45

Region: Europe
JCALD, could I ask you for the part numbers of those exhaust manifolds? I can't find them at ebay, and I can't buy them at Ford dealership, because I live in Poland, and they haven't any parts for Mustangs. Where did you buy them?
McGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:15 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Go to fordparts.com, click the model tab and enter the year, make, model would be F-150. Search catalog, exhaust, exhaust manifolds. Somewhere along the way you will need to select the 3.5 - 6Cyl since that is what they use in the eco boost. The part number is 9430 ( approximately $62.00) and you will need the gaskets too. That part number is 9448 and costs almost as much as the manifold. You should be able to order on line and have it shipped directly to you.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:20 AM   #47

Thank you for answering. I found these parts, but I can't order them to Poland... I'll ask some Ford dealers if they can send parts to me.

Another question is where did you connect the BOVs vacuum? In your photos, there are two tubes, but I'm not sure, where they are going
Old 12-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

BOV Vac Tubes

The vacuum tubes are connected to the intake manifold just inside of the throttle body in order to get the best signal to the blow off valves. The switch you see controls the Boost a Pump that I recently installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3061.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	172139  
Old 12-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #49

Thank You very much! I'm going to do the similiar mod on february.

What HP/TQ is it now? Do you have any video presenting acceleration and sound?
Old 12-19-2014, 12:54 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Not sure how I missed this build. Congratulations on such a clean looking design and being able to use the factory cats.
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:19 AM   #51
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Any videos of acceleration or anything? Always nice seeing these Badass cyclone builds

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:42 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

I am in the middle of tuning the car after changing to the Injector Dynamics 850 injectors. Once complete I will post the dyno results.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:49 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Completed tune yesterday. Boost at 7.5 and logged 400 HP with 450 FP torque. Torque maxed at 3,400 rpm and HP at 5,600. 300 FP of torque at 2,250 rpm.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:57 PM   #54
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Excellent power for that amount of boost! No stock gt can keep up I bet. I'm curious what are the weight gains after the installation? I'm assuming the car has an inner cooler correct? What size turbos? Does car have the no waste gate set up on it? Reason I ask have someone I know who's trying a similar set up.

Sorry, my app won't let me see the first two pages of the post...

Proud owner of:
1965 Chevrolet Impala SS pure original 327 300hp,360ftlbs Muncie 21 4spd, 12 bolt rear, mist blue white interior, 17in cragar thrust wheels, super 44 flow master mufflers. status: 98% restored

2008 Roush 427R #528 All stock except Roush billet grille, Roush CAI 460hp, 425ftlbs, 5spd vista blue white graphics black leather with blue inserts, stock Roush wheels and exhaust. Status: waiting for many many upgrades

70 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack 290hp factory rated (bull****) 4spd hemi Orange black interior rallye wheels, T/A exhaust. status: restoration in progress

75 MGB convertible 1.8L 90hp, of pure evil, 4spd Mars red (VW color) black top black interior wire wheels. Status: restored and for sale

Hunting for a black 03 terminator 10th anniversary coupe
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:15 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Awesome work. Congratulations on a great build.

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:53 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Excellent power for that amount of boost! No stock gt can keep up I bet. I'm curious what are the weight gains after the installation? I'm assuming the car has an inner cooler correct? What size turbos? Does car have the no waste gate set up on it? Reason I ask have someone I know who's trying a similar set up.

Sorry, my app won't let me see the first two pages of the post...

Proud owner of:
1965 Chevrolet Impala SS pure original 327 300hp,360ftlbs Muncie 21 4spd, 12 bolt rear, mist blue white interior, 17in cragar thrust wheels, super 44 flow master mufflers. status: 98% restored

2008 Roush 427R #528 All stock except Roush billet grille, Roush CAI 460hp, 425ftlbs, 5spd vista blue white graphics black leather with blue inserts, stock Roush wheels and exhaust. Status: waiting for many many upgrades

70 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack 290hp factory rated (bull****) 4spd hemi Orange black interior rallye wheels, T/A exhaust. status: restoration in progress

75 MGB convertible 1.8L 90hp, of pure evil, 4spd Mars red (VW color) black top black interior wire wheels. Status: restored and for sale

Hunting for a black 03 terminator 10th anniversary coupe

Weight gain is negligible since the turbos only weigh about 10 pounds and I probably lost almost that much weight by changing out the manifolds. The remainder of you questions are answered in the previous build posts.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:02 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

good job glad to see it all come together that tq number is damn impressive

Old 01-10-2015, 01:06 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCALD View Post
Completed tune yesterday. Boost at 7.5 and logged 400 HP with 450 FP torque. Torque maxed at 3,400 rpm and HP at 5,600. 300 FP of torque at 2,250 rpm.

holy hell anyone else quite impressed with that 450tq number??? shoot at 2,250rpm you're almost making what a stock 5.0 makes at peak tq, sick!
Lan_Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan_Evo View Post
holy hell anyone else quite impressed with that 450tq number??? shoot at 2,250rpm you're almost making what a stock 5.0 makes at peak tq, sick!
agreed! this is a pretty legitimate turbo setup. Keep us posted if you decide to mass fabricate for us all at a reasonable price!!
2014 Oxford tri-pedal 3.7L- Airaid CAI, BBK 73mm TB, MGW Shifter, DSS Driveshaft, Whiteline Bracket, BBK Shorties, Lethal O/R H-pipe with HighFlow Cats Installed, Vibrant Resonators, Pypes Axlebacks. Track Pack Wheels!
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:26 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Ok jcald ! Im shipping you my car so that you can do it on mine !

Airaid Bama tune
Dcauchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:24 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Where are you located anyway lol. I would be so down for something like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Heck if you would just fabricate the turbo exhaust manifold to turbo piping to mount the turbos and turbo exhaust pipes for each side, I would buy them from you. That would allow me time to actually buy the turbos and figure out how I would want to run the rest of the system. IC pipes I could do myself with the various kits, couplers and Intercoolers available.

No one is making any kind of turbo pipe kit yet, where the buyer supplies everything else, turbocharger, waste gates, etc.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:27 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
Heck if you would just fabricate the turbo exhaust manifold to turbo piping to mount the turbos and turbo exhaust pipes for each side, I would buy them from you. That would allow me time to actually buy the turbos and figure out how I would want to run the rest of the system. IC pipes I could do myself with the various kits, couplers and Intercoolers available.

No one is making any kind of turbo pipe kit yet, where the buyer supplies everything else, turbocharger, waste gates, etc.
I'd be down with this as well. The pre-fabricated kits don't allow a whole lot of room to pick and choose the vital parts.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:35 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Posted FOR SALE at "Mustangs for Sale and Wanted"

Old 05-05-2015, 02:42 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

JCALD have you thought about a intercooler design like the cobra jet?
Ive been doing much the same i just now cane across this thread i have a 2014 v6 manual i weld and do autocad i designed a intercooler much like the cobra jet design for a v6 twin that i plan on installing im still in the design phase after about 4 months now, i considered placing the turbos behind where the v6 little foglights go on the bumper similar to the cobra jet and taking out the plastic covers where the foglight should be using them to direct air, looking at the intake piping it might be benificial to conisider the cobra jet design with the outlet on the top

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
swhitfield2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:47 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Also i dont want to invest in a forged engine off the bat id rather piece it together myself then install it after the first blows, hopefully later down the road its made me slightly consider doing a modified procharger taking inspiration for F1 racing to keep temps down, i havent finished designing the parts on auto cad i wish i had more time on my hands i would love to do both the supercharger and the turbos, constantly second guessing if i should just stop an try the procharger

Do you think the twin is actually worth it if you arent pushing 500+hp? I mean realistically 500 is the ceiling of safety in the 3.7 and superchargers manage that easy with inpressive torque just curious on if you are building this on a plan for just the most monstrous v6 possible or doing it as a unique fun build?

swhitfield2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:10 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

I'm assuming you mean this? Not sure if you notice, but its going right through the center of the bumper beam. Much in front and you're getting into the bumper, much behind and you're in the radiator fans and all that. Its going to be a tall order.
https://www.google.com/search?q=twin...%3B1200%3B1093

Granted, as you can see here, Vorshlag put their air intake down in the high pressure zone created by their ducting. Requires a tubular front bumper support, but shows it could be done i suppose.
https://www.google.com/search?q=twin...18%3B400%3B267
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:11 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
For sale. That is what happens to 98% of the v6 Mustangs that go with FI after around a year.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:08 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

It was a fun build and it runs really nice, but I need a new project to work on.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:13 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhitfield2013 View Post
Also i dont want to invest in a forged engine off the bat id rather piece it together myself then install it after the first blows, hopefully later down the road its made me slightly consider doing a modified procharger taking inspiration for F1 racing to keep temps down, i havent finished designing the parts on auto cad i wish i had more time on my hands i would love to do both the supercharger and the turbos, constantly second guessing if i should just stop an try the procharger

Do you think the twin is actually worth it if you arent pushing 500+hp? I mean realistically 500 is the ceiling of safety in the 3.7 and superchargers manage that easy with inpressive torque just curious on if you are building this on a plan for just the most monstrous v6 possible or doing it as a unique fun build?

It was a unique fun build and I have no interest in blowing the engine. The car as it stands has more crank HP and torque than any stock GT or SS so I fail to see the need for massive power. What I have is safe and has served me well for almost 30,000 miles since the turbos came on line.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang